DLR | Disney's World of Color

Started by Anthony, December 21, 2009, 12:56:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alka1

Disney has launched a very impressive new website for World of Color - //http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disneyland/en_US/special/woc/index?name=DisneyWorldOfColor&CMP=VAN-FY10Q3USEN_WorldofColor_DisneysWorldofColor

Contains previews of music, additional pictures, interactive screens, etc. On the main page, click around the lagoon to create fountains, fire, and fireworks!

Kristof

The Disney Parks Blog has posted the commercial for Disney's World of Color along with the new logo for Disney California Adventure (notice the loss of the 's and park)...

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2 ... 9-tv-spot/

TimmyTimmyTimmy

I never understod why it always say "park". It sounds better without. Disneyland should be marketed as a disneyLAND and not a park. The same goes for California Adventure.

pussinboots

What an obvious, predictable choice for a logo. They've found their success formula for the park — recycling existing Disney stock from the early years of the company. So of course the logo would look like the title screen of an old cartoon.

But it's not awful. It's an improvement. As for the loss of the apostrophe and the s, I have no idea what to think of that. How is that different?

montaguewarner

Quote from: "pussinboots"What an obvious, predictable choice for a logo. They've found their success formula for the park — recycling existing Disney stock from the early years of the company. So of course the logo would look like the title screen of an old cartoon.

But it's not awful. It's an improvement. As for the loss of the apostrophe and the s, I have no idea what to think of that. How is that different?

It means its no longer possessive, its a huge change grammatically, but lets be honest, other than us geeks, who's going to notice/care!
Past Visits
DLP - JUN 2005 - Val D\'Europe
DL - APR 2006 - Disneyland Hotel
DLP - AUG 2009 - Val D\'Europe
DLP - JUL 2010 - Val D\'Europe
DLP - JUN 2011 - Val D\'Europe

alka1

more pictures.. from marcywrites blog

//http://marcywrites.com/2010/06/disneys-world-of-color-sneak-peek/

a rainbow!

Under The Sea

The Magical Forest

from mouseplanet

from the ocregister

from the OCFamily blog //http://www.ocfamily.com/Blog.aspx?id=1456&AuthorID=59070&t=EXCLUSIVE:%20World%20of%20Color%20at%20California%20Adventure

WoC commercial:

[youtube:3v8a21gk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2mM0ryvXJvg[/youtube:3v8a21gk]

TowMater

Good advert/commerical.
"To all who come to his happy place, Welcome" - Walt Disney

Previous Disney Visits

DLRP  | May 2001           |Newport Bay
WDW  | October 2004    | Calabry Parc Villas
WDW  | October 2006    | Hawthorns Suites
WDW  | May 2008          | Hawthorns Suites
WDW  | August 2008      | All Star Movies
DLRP   | November 2008 | Explorers Hotel
WDW  |August 2009       |Pop Century

dlrpkris

Does the music in that commercial remind you of 'Hall of the Mountain King'? UK posters will know this music as the Alton Towers Theme. The visuals are amazing but the music is quite generic. That's one of the key features of the show!

Love the new DCA logo. Very fun
"Life\'s a happy game, you could clown around forever - \'cos we\'re the best of friends"
It\'s time to bring down the house - welcome Mickey Mouse!

alka1

^ actually that music is only used for the commercial, it isn't used in the actual show soundtrack :)

here's a new video released by Disney for the media -

[youtube:d0t793nn]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMbqAcm4AgI[/youtube:d0t793nn]

TowMater

I'm speechless, never mind WDW, I want to go to DCA!
"To all who come to his happy place, Welcome" - Walt Disney

Previous Disney Visits

DLRP  | May 2001           |Newport Bay
WDW  | October 2004    | Calabry Parc Villas
WDW  | October 2006    | Hawthorns Suites
WDW  | May 2008          | Hawthorns Suites
WDW  | August 2008      | All Star Movies
DLRP   | November 2008 | Explorers Hotel
WDW  |August 2009       |Pop Century

Scissorsboi

I'm in two minds about World of Color, don't get me wrong I'm very excited to see a new idea for a spectacle show and it's shaping up to be something stunning. But when I look at this footage I think one one hand how beautiful it looks, and how it's something stunning, but on the other hand, would a 20 minute or so show of fountains doing the colour changing/height varying performance make something which would grip me all the way through, or would I lost interest after a few scenes?

I'm gonna wait for the full show (I'm sure it'll be leaked soon enough!) and make a judgement, but I'm interested to see how they piece it all together to keep it interesting all the way through!
"...keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things" - Walt.

montaguewarner

Quote from: "Scissorsboi"I'm in two minds about World of Color, don't get me wrong I'm very excited to see a new idea for a spectacle show and it's shaping up to be something stunning. But when I look at this footage I think one one hand how beautiful it looks, and how it's something stunning, but on the other hand, would a 20 minute or so show of fountains doing the colour changing/height varying performance make something which would grip me all the way through, or would I lost interest after a few scenes?

I'm gonna wait for the full show (I'm sure it'll be leaked soon enough!) and make a judgement, but I'm interested to see how they piece it all together to keep it interesting all the way through!

Most people i've spoken to in LA about it have told me you're in tears the whole way through so i wouldn't worry about it "gripping" you! Perhaps you should be worried about it "gripping" your emotions and tugging them around a bit!  ;)

I'm just waiting for a HD video of the show to be put on youtube! Any gueses for June 11th after the premiere! :D lol

I had to cancel a trip to LA this summer and i am TRULY gutted after reading the reviews, and its not just joe public! Even seasoned Disney fans are loving WOC!
Past Visits
DLP - JUN 2005 - Val D\'Europe
DL - APR 2006 - Disneyland Hotel
DLP - AUG 2009 - Val D\'Europe
DLP - JUL 2010 - Val D\'Europe
DLP - JUN 2011 - Val D\'Europe

alka1

At nearly 27 mins long, I think it's Disney's longest nighttime spectacle. I attended one of the CM previews this past weekend, and the show never felt repetitive, it pulls you in and you never really lose interest.

There are so many different effects, so many beautiful moments it's hard to take it all in.. it's the type of show you need to watch more than once to truly appreciate everything that is in it. There are many effects that the camera lens just doesn't capture. There's a beautiful glitter effect that's created out of lasers - when the light hits the droplets of water, it creates an amazing sparkle effect.

The fire effects are very intense. I was standing at the edge of the viewing area in the boardwalk and the fire was just amazing.  huge towering flames that roar and spin around, incredible. I've never really had that experience at any other Disney show - it's a unique spectacle and it really does give a multi-sensory experience.

alka1

this is the new pre-show for World of Color. It will feature large puppets and dancers, to create a festive carnivale through the Paradise Park area:

QuoteAs guests gather each night, waiting for our dazzling new spectacular, "World of Color" to begin, they can join in the larger-than-life party atmosphere of a pre-show—a high-energy celebration that kicks off the night. This brand new nightly pre-show encourages families and friends to cheer for their favorite hues with the official "color mascots" for "World of Color."

Each mascot is a giant, imaginative Carnivale-style puppet that brings to life some of Disney's most "colorful" characters. And when these illuminated Sky Puppets arrive, music, energy, and color really take over! Lumiere ("Beauty and the Beast") lights up for yellow¸ Sebastian ("The Little Mermaid") gets folks "out of their shells" for red, and Mike Wazowksi ("Monsters, Inc.") has his "eye" out for anyone who is hip with green. Of course, there's no doubt about what hue Aladdin's true blue Genie favors. What more could you wish for on a thrilling summer night?

//http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2010/06/larger-than-life-carnivale-style-puppets-kick-off-the-party-at-world-of-color-pre-show/

lil-shawn

I cant wait for tomorrow... and here it is where i can watch it live as many other disney fans around the world
who cant be there to watch it live!!

Join us here for the live World Premiere of World of Color, the new water spectacular at the Disneyland® Resort, June 10 at 8:45pm Pacific Time.