Roy E. Disney has died

Started by lil-shawn, December 16, 2009, 08:31:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lil-shawn

Roy E. Disney has died, aged 79

Roy Edward Disney, the nephew of Walt Disney whose commitment to his uncle's creative spirit prompted him to mount revolts that led to the unseating of two of the company's chief executives and a revival of the studio's legendary animation unit, died this morning at age 79. He had been battling cancer.

Disney toiled for years in the shadow of his famous uncle and his father, Roy O. Disney, who behind the scenes ran the business side of the Walt Disney Co. for his brother. But Roy E., the quiet man in the cardigan sweaters, would emerge as a forceful protector of family traditions.

//http://www.latimes.com/news/obituaries/la-me-roy-disney17-2009dec17,0,5129215.story

Anthony

Roy E. Disney has died aged 79

Roy Edward Disney, the nephew of Walt Disney whose commitment to his uncle's creative spirit prompted him to mount revolts that led to the unseating of two of the company's chief executives and a revival of the studio's legendary animation unit, has died aged 79. He had been battling cancer.

Article: http://www.fox4kc.com/news/nationworld/ ... 7441.story

The Butlin Boy

A very sad day for us all :cry:

Rest in Peace Mr.Disney, and thanks for everything.

-breeno-

I honestly cannot believe this, i didn't even know he had cancer.  He will without a doubt be sorely missed, he did some great work for the Walt Disney Company.  He was also one of the last immediate family member of Walt still alive (the last now being Diane M. Disney)

R.I.P Roy, thanks for keeping Walt's legacy alive.
"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!

DLP-Photos.com

What a tragic loss and just as Breeno I didn't even know that he was battling with cancer - very sad indeed :(

RIP and let's keep the magic alive to honour Walt and now Roy as well
/Nicolai

Please visit my DLP website: www.dlp-photos.com

[size=150]Trip report from August 2014[/size]

dagobert

That's very, very sad!! He will definitely be missed.

I was very impressed by him and his two "Save Disney" Campaigns.

Here's the official press releas of The Walt Disney Company:
http://corporate.disney.go.com/news/cor ... isney.html

luke85

Very sad news. He did so much good work for the company, and he always seemed like he knew exactly how it should be run.

He'll be very missed by Disney fans all over the world :)

dagobert

If you don't know how important Roy E. Disney was for TWDC, then you should read "Disney War" by James B. Stewart.

Thanks to him that we saw such great movies like "The Little Mermaid","Aladdin", and so on.

Disneyland Paris Treasures

Oh, how very sad ... :cry:

Javey74

This was a shock post!  :shock:

Such a real shock, and deeply saddening. One of the last in line to me as far as relations go, you can see Walt in him.  :(

Another fatality to the big C, as with Walt.  :cry:

My heart goes out to his family at a time like this, such a loss.

R.I.P Roy E. Disney..  [-o<

mehdi5

Rest in peace  :(

Welsheeyore

very sad    :cry: R.I.P

planned trips - Summer 2011 - DLP
                   October 2013 - WDW

Adam

Just read about this. Great loss to the industry. RIP.

Pete's Dragon

Thanks to Roy, we had The Little Mermaid and the rebirth of Disney Animation Classics which had been sub-standard for at least 15 years previous.
Hopefully now is resting in his own Magic Kingdom in the sky

R.I.P. Roy  :cry:

dagobert

December is a very sad month for the Disney Family:

Walt Disney died on December 15,
Roy O. Disney died on December 20,
Lillian Disney died on December 16 and now
Roy E. Disney died on December 16.