Splash Mountain at Cottonwood Creek

Started by Kristof, June 19, 2006, 12:53:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kristof

When I was bored a few weeks ago, I decided to do some random Google-ing and hit Cottonwood Creek (the area at Frontierland near Cowboy Cookout) and got this result.

It appears that the real Cottonwood Creek is known for its mountains!  

Wouldn't it make sense to place Splash Mountain in that area of Frontierland and tie in a non-Song of the South story?

Maarten

Quote from: "raptor1982"Wouldn't it make sense to place Splash Mountain in that area of Frontierland and tie in a non-Song of the South story?

I would love to see a non-Song of the South theme to Splash Mountain at Cottonwood Creek. It would liven up the place, it's the perfect spot. This area of the park is a bit dull to me, and although it can be nice to have a more isolated area in the park, an E-ticket/visual weenie wouldn't be out of place. The storyline of our Frontierland/Thunder Mesa is so strong that I wouldn't miss Brer Rabbit at all. He and his cartoony friends don't belong there if you ask me, it would ruin the theme.

Here are my idea's like I posted a few months ago: //http://www.photosmagiques.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=625&start=0 (Scroll a bit down, please  :wink: )

Kristof

Yes, Maarten, I did remember your idea, which made me do some more research about Cottonwood Creek.  :D

Maarten

Quote from: "raptor1982"Yes, Maarten, I did remember your idea, which made me do some more research about Cottonwood Creek.  :D

Wow, it made quite an impact on you if it's still on your mind a couple of months later. Cool, I see it as a compliment. Great to see that one's idea can stimulate someone else's. I really have to post more of my ideas soon then!  :D  8)

Nala_84

I've never seen the pics of your ideas, Maarten, but they look fantastic!! Hey, I'd wish they'd create such a Monsters Inc.-Ride *wish* :lamp:

What about Splash Mountain? Is it a wild water ride? Or such a hovercraft-thing-ride? I'd like both ;)  And it would fit into the "Wild Far West" theme!
[size=85]1992 - Disneyland Paris - 1-day-trip
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe
2004 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Cheyenne
2005 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Santa Fe
2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Newport BayClub
2008 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Sequoia Lodge
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]

experiment627

Nala, "Splash Mountain" is a flume ride. (Zu Deutsch: eine "Wildwasserbahn")... and probably the finest there is.

It's a combination of colourfel sets, dozens of audio-animatronics and a HUGE drop. :D
The story is based on the wonderful "Songs of the South" (zu Deutsch: "Onkel Remus' Wunderland"), showing us the adventures of Brer Rabbit...

I'll make sure to take tons of pictures next week.   8)

Kristof

Splash Mountain at WDW:

Maarten

Quote from: "raptor1982"Splash Mountain at WDW:

Way to orange for my taste. It looks too fake for some reason. I prefer the colourscheme of Splash Mountain at Tokyo Disneyland, that one looks more natural.

experiment627

Quote from: "Maarten"Way to orange for my taste.

Have you been to WDW? I noticed that the colour scheme they use in Florida on pretty much everything is much "stronger" than e.g. in Paris; almost cartoon-y. I suppose it has something to do with the light in that subtropical climate... In Tokyo, the sky's greyer, similar to Paris...

Maarten

Quote from: "experiment627"
Quote from: "Maarten"Way to orange for my taste.
Have you been to WDW?

Yes I have. And I will go back in just 20 days.

experiment627

Quote from: "Maarten"And I will go back in just 20 days.

Cool - have fun!  :)

I'll be leaving on Sunday...   :!:
I still can't believe it... but it's going to happen!  :)

Dlrpfan

Have a good time both of you!
Dan
Remember Dreams Come True! \":mickey2:\"

[size=100]\'We Keep Moving Forward\' [/i][/size] - Walt Disney

Disneyland Resort - 2007 2010
Walt Disney World - 2001 2003 2005 2006 2008 2009 2011 2012/2013
Disneyland Paris - 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2004 2005 2007
Disney Cruise Line - Disney Wonder: 2008 2009 Disney Dream: 2011 Disney Fantasy: 2012

Maarten

Quote from: "experiment627"Cool - have fun!  :)
QuoteHave a good time both of you!

Thank you guys! And experiment... enjoy it!  :)

Nala_84

It really looks great :) So "idyllisch"!

I wanna have such a thing at DLRP, please ;)! But no toooo deep drops for me *g*

Hasn't Disney planned at the beginnig of the parks to make a Splash Mountain or something later on? I mean, what's the difficulty (except the money)? We have many "flume rides" (thanks, experiment627 ;)) here in Germany, okay, the parks are often closed in the winter season, but on a hot summer day everyone would wish to have a mild water ride in DL...
[size=85]1992 - Disneyland Paris - 1-day-trip
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe
2004 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Cheyenne
2005 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Santa Fe
2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Newport BayClub
2008 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Sequoia Lodge
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]

Jon

i think it has something to do with the fact that in europe it would be quite a seasonal ride because it wouldnt be as fun in a freezing winter than in a hot summer so they put more effort into attractions that would work all year round.
If we don\'t have the key, we can\'t open whatever it is we don\'t have that it unlocks. So what purpose would be served in finding whatever need be unlocked, which we don\'t have, without first having found the key what unlocks it?