Earl of Sandwich in Disney Village (Now Open!)

Started by MagicKenny, December 11, 2009, 08:39:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MagicKenny

Hey, I've just found these photo's on a dutch forum with a description that Earl of Sandwich will be opened in [strike:kauep40f]late 2010[/strike:kauep40f] May 2011.

Menu found here: //http://www.earlofsandwichusa.com/food/

Source: Mouetto, //http://www.disneycentralplaza.com
Just keep dreaming, just keep dreaming, what do we do, we dreaaamm

dagobert

Very interesting.

I like the concept art. I think the building looks nice and every addition to DV is welcomed.

Anthony

Just when things are looking quiet... whoa!

Perfect, perfect, perfect. Save me a seat on the first floor, that's going to be a great view!

stepintothepink

Not that I needed any more incentive to go but an Earl of Sandwich would always seal the deal! The place is amazing.

Adam

That is a huge building! The Earl can't be short of a bob or two.

Looking good over in the Village!

pussinboots

Excellent news!

I think the building, although stylish, may be a bit massive and plate glass-ish for that spot, and a little Anyplace, Planet Earth. But then again, designing something that works in that environment couldn't have been easy. I mean honestly, try designing something that complements Cafe Mickey, the Rainforest Cafe and those enormous nondescript buildings behind it. So they did a pretty good job, really. And good news lunch-wise.

And I like that silver checkered pattern on the part of the building behind the plate glass.

pussinboots

Also, interesting to compare:

Anthony's prophesying: (Scroll down)
http://www.dlrptoday.com/2009/08/14/ear ... y-village/
Reality:
http://www.servimg.com/image_preview.ph ... u=11378324

What do we all think about the lake being filled in?

Pete's Dragon

Quote from: "pussinboots"What do we all think about the lake being filled in?

Depends what they fill it in with. I vote for those coloured plastic ball things they have in kids indoor play parks. Imagine the whole lake awash with coloured balls. :wink:
My second vote is for cheese.

pussinboots

Quote from: "Pete's Dragon"Depends what they fill it in with. I vote for those coloured plastic ball things they have in kids indoor play parks. Imagine the whole lake awash with coloured balls. :wink:
My second vote is for cheese.

I think Phantom247 heard it was going to be Starbucks coffee.

Pete's Dragon

[strike:1k56lly1]Starbucks coffee ?!?! Why don't they just let the visitors urinate in the water...[/strike:1k56lly1]

No I can't. I promised I wouldn't  8)

davewasbaloo

While I always thought the Earl of Sandwich was terribly overrated, I think this could be a nice addition, and that building will have a lovely view. Shame it means getting rid of the water.
since 2001 (many before that)

The Butlin Boy

Fantastic, Fantastic news! The plans and concepts for this look so good, even if it does sacrifice a bit of lake. I cannot wait for this to open, I really do think that Disney Village is going to become somewhere unrecognisable over the next few years; somewhere we can be very proud of! :)

Anthony

Quote from: "pussinboots"What do we all think about the lake being filled in?
Lucky it's only that tiny corner.

Coffee jokes aside, how are they going to build this? I presume that corner is actually being filled in and not just built over (using stilts or whatever). If so, how do you accomplish that? Do they basically seal it off and start filling it in?

It's going to be a much bigger project than sticking some reclaimed wood on a Frank Gehry block.

Quote from: "pussinboots"Anthony's prophesying
If only the same could happen with Soarin'.

dagobert

Will "Earl of Sandwich" run the restaurant or will Euro Disney SCA or "Groupe Flo" run it under a license agreement?

Adam

Quote from: "Anthony"Coffee jokes aside, how are they going to build this? I presume that corner is actually being filled in and not just built over (using stilts or whatever). If so, how do you accomplish that? Do they basically seal it off and start filling it in?

It's going to be a much bigger project than sticking some reclaimed wood on a Frank Gehry block.

I would imagine they would build a retaining wall to hold the water back and then back fill. They would have to put a temporary structure up to allow the area to be dried out.

However, they may use stilts, as they will only have to ram some into the ground with a machine, rather than having to fill everywhere.

Whatever they do, it will be a big job.