Walt Disney World twins with...

Started by Stitch2814, November 25, 2009, 02:59:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stitch2814

I was watching Jonathan Ross a few weeks ago and he mentioned Disney were having a competition to see if they could find a perfect spot for a disneyland in the UK to Twin the one in California..

I dont know if he was joking or what but what do you guys (and girls) think of a UK disneyland...

I think it wouldnt be the same but something small and nice would be good I think so we would get more pins (thats all I care about hahaha) and it would have the potential to bring people in as people would think they would be saving money to go to the park here rather than travel all the way to DLRP but still it wouldnt be as grand as tthe other parks (Ive not been to one yet though so Im assuming there awesome)

So what are your thoughts on this...

Anthony

In terms of the "twin" thing, they were just looking for a British town to be twinned with Main Street USA at Walt Disney World. Here's the site: http://www.waltdisneyworldtwinnedtown.co.uk

Anthony

Okaay...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/wilt ... 399996.stm

QuoteA special Swindon exhibition will also run next year at Disney's Epcot theme park, although it is not known what the display will contain.

Maybe they'll add one of these to Test Track:

Aveen2008

Hi,

I am glad this isnt happening

I don't think I would like a Disney type land or report in the UK really, used to think I would but I think it would take away from the specialness of other parks and would take away too much from DLP as many of their customers come from the UK, it would probably put it in a bad financial situation which I would hate as they already seem to have problems like not even keeping Casey jnr open full time at high season! :o

I am glad it's not too close to home for me anyway but i would like more uk pins in disney stores and more disney stores in general lol!
Luv Aveen xoxo

Clarebelle

I wish they would have chosen Norwich, Like a div I forgot to enter my town (Pochontas, John Smith and the other John which she married and their son lived around here).

Aveen: it wasnt a competition to find a site for a UK Disneyland they just wanted to twin WDW with a UK town or city
5th Anniversary - Hotel Santa Fe
Christmas 06 - The Kyraid Hotel (extended vistit <!-- s]

Aveen2008

Quote from: "Clarebelle"I wish they would have chosen Norwich, Like a div I forgot to enter my town (Pochontas, John Smith and the other John which she married and their son lived around here).

Aveen: it wasnt a competition to find a site for a UK Disneyland they just wanted to twin WDW with a UK town or city

No I know it wasn't but it was just suggested in the first post lol
Luv Aveen xoxo

-breeno-

Hang on a minute?  Swindon??  I seen this on BBC News eariler today, so either they forgot to mention the big castle and the hill that looks somewhat like a space station in Swindon or i can't see the similarities? :-k :P

Perhaps they should put this on that roundabout to make it more WDW-like?

Although, i believe they should have decided to twin an Irish town or city instead.  The reason, this ;)
"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!