Pin trading Information/Ebay seller feedback

Started by Stitch2814, November 30, 2009, 08:55:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stitch2814

This is a thread for all members who collect pins and who buys off ebay and will also be able to be used to let new pin traders know the do's and dont's of pin trading (Im no expert so feel free to add your own info if I miss something out)

List of trusted Ebay sellers:

Thewill
Dizneepins x2
Katken2
amiga_girl
beekerlg
bizzybee1 x2
cgary1119
disneyaddicts
dknoxinbox
gyantzpod
mad4disneytoo
sleepy's emporium
julianp7703

List of BAD Ebay sellers:

DirectsuppliesUK
Dzneypins
PinbadgesUK
Funmamas (sorry but its going here)

List of questionable Ebay sellers

Kenerbean

I will edit the above lists as time goes on.

Now on to the important information -

SCRAPPERS

An unauthorized Disney pin. These pins are literally scrap pins. Sometimes they are seconds from the factory runs, or sometimes they have errors in color, design, or the imprint on the back. Scrappers can also be the result of extra unauthorized production runs. These pins often make it onto the secondary market where they are sold, often in lots, at much lower than market price. Scrapper pins can then be traded with cast members, as cast members do not decline a trade based on suspected scrapper status. Recent Hidden Mickey pins, DLR pins especially, have flooded the market months before their initial introductions.
*copied from wikipedia*

Now that mind sound confusing to new people and I will say this (as Ive been there myself) you can never know if you have a scrapper pin unless it is really obvious like different colours, weight or spelling mistake etc etc.

I hope that makes it clear for the new members here at least.

So happy pin trading :)

Stitch2814

The Good -

Thewill -  The seller sent to alternate address and ships to the UK from america for not that much and pins were mint on card so very pleased with this seller. Shipping was quite fast as well :)

Kenerbean - Got a few pins on there and thought they were scrappers but from pinpics I came to the conclusion they were not. :)

Dizkneepins X2 -  Got the Russell pin new on card and shipping was fast from the US. Ive dealt with twice and very pleased with this seller.

Katken2 - Pin new on card and fast shipping from the US.

The Bad -

DirectsuppliesUK - They sell scrapper pins so dont buy from them even though I couldnt tell they were scrappers.

Welsheeyore

julianp7703 has been a really good seller I used - he combined a lot of postage and held onto things while I finished watching his listings

bad - pinbadgesuk - he sold me a Tinkerbell pin with the stone missing and when i questioned it he offered to change it (as he has 5 in a bag the same!) but I have asked twice for a return address and heard nothing also no offer of refunding my postage when I send it back

planned trips - Summer 2011 - DLP
                   October 2013 - WDW

Aveen2008

Hey Danny

Kenerbean - I actually recieved definately scapper pins from him. He seemed genuine when I questioned him, saying that he find so many pins in wdw are scrappers cus of bad traders trading with cast members etc but I would have him under an unsure list more than good to be honest.
Luv Aveen xoxo

dlrpmad

Thanks danny for setting this thread up, it could really help me. Im wanting to know what traders to trust when buying lots. I was looking at funmamas, but I dont know what they are like. I also want to know where to get lanyards on their own. Anyway I have a good seller-bizzybee1 , she has free postage on most of the single pins and she also sells lanyard and booster sets.
101% Stitch LOVING!!

Stitch2814

Quote from: "dlrpmad"Thanks danny for setting this thread up, it could really help me. Im wanting to know what traders to trust when buying lots. I was looking at funmamas, but I dont know what they are like. I also want to know where to get lanyards on their own. Anyway I have a good seller-bizzybee1 , she has free postage on most of the single pins and she also sells lanyard and booster sets.

Ive not used funmamas but that seller has been said to be a no go seller on other board so I wouldnt use that one if I was you.

Aveen2008

Good sellers

-amiga_girl- bought from once no problems
-beekerlg- good american seller
-bizzybee1- bought from a few tims
-cgary1119- bought from once or twice no problems
-disneyaddicts- no problems
-dknoxinbox- always recieved the pins but slightly slow postage and postage costly
-gyantzpod- bought from a few times no problem
-mad4disneytoo- good seller
-sleepy's emporium- no problems

Bad sellers
- I dont fully trust kenerbean

cant think of other bad ones
Luv Aveen xoxo

dlrpmad

So does anyone have any recommendations For trader lots?
101% Stitch LOVING!!

Welsheeyore

for trader lots although not recieved yet I went with Aveens recommendation of sleepys_emporium and as we type am working my way through all the other recommendations ;)

planned trips - Summer 2011 - DLP
                   October 2013 - WDW

Stitch2814

I dealt with Trublue2006 for my trader lot of 100 pins but still waiting on the pin bag and are on the way just not here yet so I will wait until I have them before I recommend them or not.

Stitch2814

I think the list is fully updated now but with lindsay not online just yet I can see the list will get a lot larger then :) so far not many bad ones hehe

dlrpmad

I will hope that there isnt that many more bad sellers to go on the list. But this has made me more aware of bad pins, so thanks everyone! =D>
101% Stitch LOVING!!

Stitch2814

Quote from: "dlrpmad"I will hope that there isnt that many more bad sellers to go on the list. But this has made me more aware of bad pins, so thanks everyone! =D>

Glad it helped you Sean as thats why I decided to start this thread :)

Belle's World

I have a bad seller for you dzneypins, they are listed as a green good seller on disboards but then further on someone says the pins they received were scrappers but for some reason they remain on the green list. Anyway i was undecided whether to buy pins from them because of this so questioned him about scrapper pins and if i would receive a refund should i find any, this is the reply:
hello, in an order of 100 pins you would more than likely receive a few scrappers-as this is a grab bag i do not certify each pin-i try when trading to not get scrappers but sometimes my neices,daughter and son help-so since there are as many scrappers as there are good pins on the employees of disney the math says it all-on the flip side is there will be many good pins also-either way they are used for trading and sometimes you get some keepers if you were to get some scrappers i would say that is the luck of the draw-if other sellers are saying different they aren't being honest what would i do about it? nothing - it would not be cost effective to have you send them back from another country-they are all tradeable-trade the ones you dont want or like and keep the others

Ro

Stitch2814

I dont like the sound of that seller so he will go on the BAD list here so no one can go and buy from this seller again.

Have you got any word on when you will recieve the pin bag yet Ro?? I dont think the post has come yet so I dunno if they will show up today but Im hoping so :P My seller is Trublue2006 and is on the green as well on the same board but I will wait and see what I get before I pass judgement as I know a bag of 100 would have a few scrappers in that I can agree cant be helped if getting them by the way of trading but if I get some I will send him a message saying how many and see what he will do about it.

And if some are scrappers and cant really tell, I will trade them back onto a lanyard (I know I shouldnt do) but if they are not recognisable and are good looking pins then I see no harm in that as lindsay says the manchester lanyard has not been updated so I would update it with a few of my pins anyway.

also List updated :)