Hollywood Boulevard placemaking

Started by Anthony, June 13, 2006, 04:50:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maarten

Quote from: "Baloo"Do you think they'll redesign the STT queue at any point during this work?

I hope so, the queue is quite boring. Does anyone know if they are planning to move the queue structure? From pics it seems to be really close to the Tower of Terror building at the moment.  :?

Anthony

Quote from: "Maarten"I hope so, the queue is quite boring. Does anyone know if they are planning to move the queue structure? From pics it seems to be really close to the Tower of Terror building at the moment.  :?
No, the structure won't be moved as far as I can tell.  They'll just stick the Hollywood Hills where the current billboard is and then the tunnel entrance near the small tree.

It would be a good opportunity to sort it though, if budget allows.  One funny thing I noticed at new year was that the movie posters - the only themeing other than Cruella's car - don't even fit in their display cases.  Most have chopped off edges or are too small. :lol:

I wonder if Cruella's car will stay?  It would make a good prop on the new boulevard, as I know someone suggested a while ago...

Anthony

So...

The storefront by the AODA queue will be "Gone Hollywood" from DCA?

But what about the Mediterranean building in front of La Terrasse, with arches and an archway leading through?  A new tips board will be featured in one of the arches, so could it be based on "Schmoozies"?

:arrow: http://www.laughingplace.com/files/guid ... A99-11.jpg

And "Off the Page", that'll be used for the building on the right of the "crossroads" (nr.3 on the WDS Fans map) ?

These seem the most obvious choices to me, but maybe I'm wrong.  WDI have already done two Hollywood Boulevards, so it wouldn't be like them (or kind to the budget) to go designing brand new detailed facades.

Kristof

La Roquine says on DCP that construction has been delayed and will start on January 29th!  Construction fences will be put on place here and there in the mean time.

Anthony

Just to add to my post above, here are a couple of photos of the D-MGM Villains shop Kinoo mentioned they spotted on page 2:

http://photoalbums.wdwmagic.com/showpho ... 4&ppuser=1

I can't be sure if we'll get the movie theatre and/or the white building, but either way it looks really nice! :)

I guess this'll be on the left of the crossroads, with "Off the Page" opposite? I could just be making this all up now. :lol:

Mansion Staff

I want villians in vogue!!!!!
well we all cant come and go by BUBBLE!

be careful, or Ill drop a house on you.

Maarten

I like Villians In Vogue aswell. The architecture is really tastefull. For some reason I also like Gone Hollywood; the building looks quite real and the metalic details above the first level ("Gifts" etc) seem similar to the details of Tower of Terror at DCA. Hopefull, we will get some really small things like the suitcases and a billboard on top of one of the buildings aswell (at least I know they do it at the New York Streetset at Disney-MGM, so it shoud be possible here too, I think). One or two oldtimers would really give character to the place aswell (and don't forget the jazz music...)  8)

Even though our Hollywood Boulevard will be really small, and we shouldn't get our hopes to high, I cant stop Imagineering about this subject.

By the way, Schmoozies looks like one of the most ugly structures I have ever seen in a Disney themepark. The color and shape make it look cartoony, cheap and unreal. And for the first time in 51 years, the Imagineers managed to screw up the forced perspective aswell, at least it seems.

Anthony

Quote from: "Maarten"By the way, Schmoozies looks like one of the most ugly structures I have ever seen in a Disney themepark. The color and shape make it look cartoony, cheap and unreal. And for the first time in 51 years, the Imagineers managed to screw up the forced perspective aswell, at least it seems.
Hehe, very true.  But with a slight redesign, a paint scheme similar to the Tower, lose the garish signs... I think it could work.  I like the arches with seats at least, and they seem to fit in with what we heard about the tips board in an arch.

Quote from: "Maarten"Even though our Hollywood Boulevard will be really small, and we shouldn't get our hopes to high, I cant stop Imagineering about this subject.
It's got me excited too.  More because the Imagineers seem to know exactly what we want and what the park needs, and they're doing a lot for DLRP's pretty non-existent budget.  After the current round of construction is done, WDS might just tick off all our wishlist... for the time being. :wink:

Anthony

Whoa!  Just a few fences "here and there" then! :o  :o

Edit: Eugh, ok, you have to go to the page: http://www.disneytheque.com/index.php?/ ... g-WDS.html :roll:

Can you imagine what it'll be like when the entire street is cut off by fences?  I suppose at least the Toon Studio ones should be gone by then... Hopefully they'll put a good banner for ToT there, so people in June will see a reason to return!

Reiana

Well,  I think it looks horrible  :? , but if the results are worth it, so be it.

Japper

Wow! They should definately work fast so that the fences can be gone soon!  :shock:

CraigDLRP!

Is WSDP normally that busy in January? I thought it was normally dead this time of year? :?

Anthony

If you go at the weekend it's almost always busy.

Maybe they were just construction wall fans, out to get photos of the new attraction? :wink:

Whoknew?

29th january has gone und nothing new about the placemaking, so what's up?  Anybody who can tell?

Anthony

raptor1982 and flor are at DLRP this weekend I believe, so they might be able to tell us if anything has actually started yet. :)

The entire project isn't meant to be completed until November/December.  They're installing, what, 8 sets in that time??  Seems it's going to be a slow job...