still gd idea
Raptor were did you find this out
Dan
Remember Dreams Come True! \":mickey2:\"

[size=100]\'We Keep Moving Forward\' [/i][/size] - Walt Disney

Disneyland Resort - 2007 2010
Walt Disney World - 2001 2003 2005 2006 2008 2009 2011 2012/2013
Disneyland Paris - 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2004 2005 2007
Disney Cruise Line - Disney Wonder: 2008 2009 Disney Dream: 2011 Disney Fantasy: 2012

Maarten

Quote from: "Martin"
Quote from: "Maarten"Maybe they can now start or end the parade with the Grand Staircase float with Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Daisy etc. in medieval prince/princess costumes?

I doubt that will happen due to the accident with the float, they are probably not allowed to use it.

Ow, I didnt knew there has been an accident. But why is this float still in storage then? Why didn't they demolish it right away? Or is it already gone by now?

Martin

Quote from: "Maarten"Ow, I didnt knew there has been an accident. But why is this float still in storage then? Why didn't they demolish it right away? Or is it already gone by now?

Yes it was involved in quite a big accident - it ran over someone's leg when it was turning a corner, resulting in a "Parade Stop" on the streets for 45 minutes.

It's still in storage because of some French law that means it has to be kept onsite for something like 8 years after the original accident.

Martin

Anthony

I've heard from a reliable source (*cough*Jorien*cough* lol) that the reservations offices have been informing people phoning for info of this "change" for a few weeks now, so it seems to definitely be happening...  :?

Fantillusion

I say the princess parade is just a downgraded wwodp.
-Craig

Kristof

As I understood it will, it's more a "guest satisfaction" thing.  Guests are more familiar with "Princess Parade" than with "Wonderful World of Disney Parade".

Oh, and DLRPfan, don't worry about my source, it's my own Little Blue Bird  :wink:

experiment627

What's all that fuss about?

The parade sucks either way...

Poppy The Monkey

According to some friends in the EPC, nothing will be cut from the re-named parade, except some dancers but extra characters will be added.

The Mary Poppins, Casey Jnr and Steamboat Willie floats will all be still part of the parade.

In all about 11 dancers will be cut leaving most units down to about 5 each.

Bosses have realised during tests in May and this month that characters are more important to the visitors during the parade then the dancers are. So it is highly likely the current trend of extra characters in the parade will be introduced all the time. So expect Donald, all 7 dwarfs, Suzy and Perla, Genie, Penguins and a random selction of characters with Casey Jnr when The Princess Parade returns.

Patrick

Interesting idea, though I'm the minority who really like dancers :lol: , oh well suppose that's not too bad since all the floats are still included.  Not much to worry about then apart from the annoying name :wink: .

Martin

Quote from: "Poppy The Monkey"According to some friends in the EPC, nothing will be cut from the re-named parade, except some dancers but extra characters will be added.

So why change the name to the 'Princess Parade'  :?  It just doesn't make sense!

Thanks for the info Tom!

experiment627

Quote from: "Poppy The Monkey"Bosses have realised during tests in May and this month that characters are more important to the visitors during the parade then the dancers are.

Thanks for the info!
But did they really need a test for that? (Though I guess if they actually had the originally planned number of dancers in front of each float, the results would have been a bit different...)

Kris

I think the dancers make the parade seem more orderly and spectacular, although I know kids will be more worried about which characters they see! If no floats are being removed, then I can live with the name change. Extra characters are always welcome, although it's a shame a few dancers have to go. But hey... all 7 dwarfs will fill the Snow White float quite nicely.

Thanks for the promising info!
Grab a balloon, come on let\'s go!

Dlrpfan

like paddy and tom said the characters are more importent but i still see no point in this whole thing
Dan
Remember Dreams Come True! \":mickey2:\"

[size=100]\'We Keep Moving Forward\' [/i][/size] - Walt Disney

Disneyland Resort - 2007 2010
Walt Disney World - 2001 2003 2005 2006 2008 2009 2011 2012/2013
Disneyland Paris - 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2004 2005 2007
Disney Cruise Line - Disney Wonder: 2008 2009 Disney Dream: 2011 Disney Fantasy: 2012

Kristof

All the dwarfs were already present last weekend!

babybert

I disagree ok yeh most guests are interested in the characters... but i still think that floats, characters and dancers make the whole parade atmosphere more spectacular otherwise all there is to look at is just floats and characters. And by cutting dance units will make it look unprofessional and seem like there isnt enough castmembers to fill the parade... grrr im angry about this!   :evil: