Our Halloween Themed Garden

Started by Samninetysix, October 30, 2009, 06:12:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Samninetysix

A couple of years ago we uploaded a pic of our Mickey Mouse shaped bush in the front garden, now then, because we love Halloween and Disney so much, we thought we'd have a go at a bit of halloween theming.......

The Crypt

And Crypt Lid (a bit basic but kinda works)

And The Rest.....

Still got lots of finishing to do, cracks need to be painted on the 2 gateposts, got to hide the electric cables, the black iron fence between the 2 gateposts has to be fitted, gravestones fitted, green led lighting, fog machine, dry ice is in place - list goes on....

Anyway let us know what you think - comments suggestions (although out of time now) are more than welcome

The Butlin Boy

Haha, that's awesome. I'd love to see some photos of the finished thing with fog machines and everything working :)

Great job, thanks for sharing it with us :twisted:

Samninetysix

Just our attempt at home imagineering - amazing what can be done with some mdf, loft insulation material, floor cement and weathershield paint :D

After halloween is over, the 2 posts are going to get a placement in our back garden. Should make a nice difference to the garden lights from B&Q.

bigrossco

you should add a flickering light to that window upstairs for a even bigger effect make sure you add pics when more is done!
BigRossCo

Upcoming Holidays

Past Holidays
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Sequoia Lodge
5th - 12th October 2008 - Santa Fe | My Trip Report]http://bit.ly/cCy0r0[/url] | My Trip
Photos: //http://bit.ly/bFHtog
Feb. 2012 - Florida - Radisson Hotel Orlando-Lake Buena Vista

davewasbaloo

Excellent work. Ours is nowhere near as ornate, but I thought I might share some picks of our garden for this year. Please bear in mind 2 of the jack o lanterns were done by a 4 year old and a 6 year old (we must have had about 200 trick or treaters last night).

since 2001 (many before that)

Samninetysix

A few more.....

hope you like :P

davewasbaloo

Awesome work, that looks great. Did you get many callers?
since 2001 (many before that)

Samninetysix

Yeah, had loads of ppl taking photo's, especially when we had the dry ice & smoke machine in full flow, couple of kids wouldn't come into the garden :)

Have to say tho, we wouldn't have been inspired to do it without having been to DLRP

BTW, your kids look awesome in their costumes :D

Started on a mockup for next years halloween

Also aiming to have the wooden/stone balconies above the front door with pirates fighting and fake flames :D