Too many merchandise/pin threads?

Started by Aveen2008, October 28, 2009, 05:13:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aveen2008

Hi,

Does anyone else feel we have too many threads in here covering the same things? especially pins? :?

There is (sorry names arent exact):
-General pins
-magicforum traders
-uk disney store pins
-trader pins
-wishlist for pins
-swapshop - mainly had pins in it also
-pin trading nights

Then for merchandise we have:
-ebay merchandise
-disney merchandise
-disney best bargins

Maybe it's just me but doe anyone else feel we need to clean up in here??

If it was me I would keep:

-Disney Store pin trading uk (sorry if not exact title but you know what I mean)
-magic forum traders - to upload our trading pins/where we could talk about trading each other if we wanted also
-Disney pin collections: a new topic to post your collections or new additions, not traders
-pin trading nights

For merchandise I would just have:
Disney Merchandise as this topic could be used for posting bargins and ebay bought things etc

I don't mind the clear topics of traditions or WDCC because they are more clear cut.

If not one else thinks this then don't worry but if they do perhaps we could move our photos etc to correct Thread and then ask Kristof or Anthony to delete some of the extra threads to keep the place tidy? :?:  :oops:  :oops:
Luv Aveen xoxo

Clarebelle

well thats mainly due to people opening up new topics when an old one could have been used, eg Disney Swapshop and then pin traders

and you just made another topic lol :P
5th Anniversary - Hotel Santa Fe
Christmas 06 - The Kyraid Hotel (extended vistit <!-- s]

Stitch2814

From my experiences from being on quite a few forums is that when new members join an already popular forum and there are 10+ pages of threads then they get lazy and dont want to seive through page after page of trying to see if there is a topic already and will just create a new one.

I did it myself with the thread for just showing trade pinsnot knowing there was one already so a clean up of threads would be a good idea :)

As like I said Im on at least 3 other forums and with new members everyday it can get a bit hectic with new threads everywhere and get crammed pack with repeated topics.

Aveen2008

Quote from: "Clarebelle"well thats mainly due to people opening up new topics when an old one could have been used, eg Disney Swapshop and then pin traders

and you just made another topic lol :P

I know I was thinking that when I posted it :P

I just thought we could talk about it in here and then ask one of the moderators to delete things once we have decided..but if no one else minds then thats ok.
Luv Aveen xoxo

Clarebelle

They dont have to be deleted, they could just be merged.

Anthony

I'll attempt to sort things out a bit. Make some topic titles clearer at least...

Clarebelle

Thanks Antony

Anthony

No problem, hope I didn't mess around with things too much.

Just need to find where the DLP pin releases topic went to, and then create a new sticky with the contact details for DLP Mail Order, since that seems to be asked a lot...

Aveen2008

Thanks for sorting it out Anthony :D
Luv Aveen xoxo