The Helmsman's Trip Report - October 15 to 18 2009

Started by The Helmsman, October 20, 2009, 10:40:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Butlin Boy

Great photos and report Helmsman, I've really enjoyed it so far. I'm looking forward to seeing what else you got up to on your trip :)

Epcot_Boy

A great read and some truly stunning photos =D>  Thanks for taking the time to share your wonderful vacation with us :)

David

DLP-Photos.com

Sounds like a wonderful trip - the report has been terrific to follow and your photos have all been great. I particularly noticed the one of Studio 1 with the extreme dark sky - that was a fascinating photo :)
/Nicolai

Please visit my DLP website: www.dlp-photos.com

[size=150]Trip report from August 2014[/size]

The Helmsman

Again a very big thank you for your kind comments :D !

Day 4, Last Day - October 18

We woke up to a brilliant, sunny day. Unfortunately it was our last day :( . First of all we ate our breakfast and then we quickly packed our things (with some effort to fit everything!) and called the luggage service. He came after two minutes and arranged for us to pick up our suitcases in the afternoon. We then had to leave our lovely room :(  . We went to the Admiral's Floor Reception where we checked out in no time!!
Then we made our way to the park for the last time. First of all, we went to Walt's to book a table for lunch. And then we decided to go to Indiana Jones, which was the only ride with 15 minutes waiting time. The rest were more than 50 minutes and we didn't have time to spare! The ride was great and as we felt very refreshed, we decided to go to Frontierland, where we explored the Fort Comstock and then we went to the Riverboat Landing to wait for the steamboat. We went aboard the Molly Brown, on the second floor deck, where the view was fantastic and it was very nice with the clear skies and the green landscape.  As we came out of the boat we went to Boot Hill Cemetery to take some pictures. While taking pictures, we got hungry :) and what else could it be, other than our favorite donuts?
Got stuffed each with two of them  :D  and we decided to pay a visit to Toad's Hall to take pictures. Toad's Hall was very crowded by the way! As was the whole park!! Afterwards my girlfriend really wanted to Le Pays des Contes de Fees, so that was our last ride :roll: . My girlfriend loved it, because she really loves fairytales.
It was time for lunch, so we headed to Walt's for our last meal. They placed us in a nice table with a view over Main Street. I had Walt's Gourmet Burger, which was absolutely divine and I would recommend it to everybody :D . My girlfriend had the chicken again :roll: , which made her miserable when she tried the burger :D . After our great meal, we only had an hour left to spend and we just went for a stroll through the park.
Unfortunately around 16.00 we had to leave the park and go back to the hotel to pick up our luggage and catch a RER and finally our train from Paris- Gare de Lyon to lovely Lausanne. So this was our ride through Disneyland Paris and I hope that you really enjoy it. Till next time... :D !

~It Be Too Late To Alter Course~

brenjo

Fantastic trip report - enjoyed it so much.  Your photos are stunning! Thank you for sharing

Soap

I just love your photos! I love those scenery pictures  :D
Thanks for sharing!
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

jeakat24

Thanks for sharing, great report  =D>

I'm you both had a great time, it's so refreshing to read a report with no complaints. I'm not critisizing people who, as I'm guilty of it myself!
Jan 2002- Cheyenne,
Nov 2004- Santa Fe,
July 2005- Santa Fe,
March 2007- Cheyenne,
Sept 2007- Cheyenne,
Oct 2008- HNY,
Jan 2010- Santa Fe,
Sept/Oct 2013- Cheyenne (Alice's first trip),
Feb 2015- DLH (Isaac's first trip and Alice's birthday trip)
June 2016- Sequoia Lodge

The Butlin Boy

Fantastic report Helmsman, I thoroughly enjoyed reading it. I'm glad you both had a great time :)

Epcot_Boy

Loved this report helmsy :)  Outstanding =D>

David

The Helmsman

A big thank you for your kind remarks! I'm glad that you all liked it!

I tend to focus and see the positive aspects of my experiences at DLP. To be honest I never had a really bad experience at DLP. Never. And I can't even remember the small ones (they must like 2 or 3), out of a span of 12 visits since 1992.
I too, when I see that some things that don't work well or need better care or even compare things with the first years, get frustrated and point them out. I noticed some things that need better care through my recent visit. But I believe that they are gonna be fixed (it's not so easy to maintain such a park and I don't think that even the easiest task of a paint job is that easy in reality :wink: ).
~It Be Too Late To Alter Course~