Pin Trading: Share Your Trades!

Started by Masamune, October 04, 2009, 10:50:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aveen2008

Ive updated my pin pics

I have now got nearly 100 traders listed (mostly the pins I didnt sell) and I have taken them off my 'owns' list.

my wants are still not totally accurate and I do have a few of them on the way but i only check them off when they arrive, incase they dont lol! :P

feel free to check out my traders at Aveen2009
Luv Aveen xoxo

Belle's World

Lakeside was brilliant, 3 lanyards for both me and DH to trade with. Here are the pins i got off the lanyard to trade with:

I have also updated my pinpics as i traded quite a few away.

Ro

fly_with_me_dumbo

hi
what would be a good amount of pins to take to trade in dlrp?
I dont go for how rare they are or anything just how pretty they are :D i collect mickey and minnie.
and i want to start collecting the pins that are for the attractions/hotels/park year are they easy to come by on the casts lanyards?

Stitch2814

I wouldnt be able to answer that but for when I got to DLRP for the first time I want to have least 100 core pins for the lanyards just in case there a more pins I want. Id rather have more than less :P and since Im hoping to be going to the PTN I will be taking 20+ LE pins (gonna try for non-UK LE pins lol and got to have more LE pins incase I see the pin board hahaha

just thought Id tell you what I will be doing for when I go next feb :)

Aveen2008

Quote from: "Stitch2814"I wouldnt be able to answer that but for when I got to DLRP for the first time I want to have least 100 core pins for the lanyards just in case there a more pins I want. Id rather have more than less :P and since Im hoping to be going to the PTN I will be taking 20+ LE pins (gonna try for non-UK LE pins lol and got to have more LE pins incase I see the pin board hahaha

just thought Id tell you what I will be doing for when I go next feb :)

When I went last september (seems like forever ago :( ) I noticed a lot of the cast lanyards had the same pins basically which consisted a lot of pins that could be bought in the park in sets e.g. like this...

which were then just broken up and put on cast lanyards.

I was hoping for a bigger range of pins on the cast lanyards though,  like pins that had been traded on to the lanyards by guests etc but there wasnt much of a selection really and I was scanning every cast members lanyard :P I think a lot of the time the cast members themselves actually just keep pins they like for themselves or put them on their own waist coats to keep rather than on the lanyard so that they dont have to trade them away :roll: ....it's an impression I got anyway really.

I found the best people for trading were actually the staff in the Disney shop in the hotel and that their lanyards were the most varied.

This is only my experience of one trip though lol :)
Luv Aveen xoxo

simonandwendy626

I have found that one of the best places to trade is the Kodak shop. The cast members in there have their own lanyards which they don't always wear but I managed to get a really nice LE Si and Am from a cast member who practically flattened the other cast in his hurry to get his lanyard.
This seems to be a summer thing. There are more traders around. But I have traded some nice pins when we go in February too.
I think you are right though Aveen. Have noticed that a lot of lanyards have the same pins on.
I find its best to try and find Franc or Nadia with the pin board early in your trip and then they will let you know roughly where and when they'll be about.
If you're lucky and Patrick is there he can tell you about special pins.

fly_with_me_dumbo

Quote from: "simonandwendy626"I have found that one of the best places to trade is the Kodak shop. The cast members in there have their own lanyards which they don't always wear but I managed to get a really nice LE Si and Am from a cast member who practically flattened the other cast in his hurry to get his lanyard.
This seems to be a summer thing. There are more traders around. But I have traded some nice pins when we go in February too.
I think you are right though Aveen. Have noticed that a lot of lanyards have the same pins on.
I find its best to try and find Franc or Nadia with the pin board early in your trip and then they will let you know roughly where and when they'll be about.

how many trades do you get on average from cm?
I really hope i can get loads, as i'm really excited about it! :D

Aveen2008

Quote from: "fly_with_me_dumbo"
Quote from: "simonandwendy626"I have found that one of the best places to trade is the Kodak shop. The cast members in there have their own lanyards which they don't always wear but I managed to get a really nice LE Si and Am from a cast member who practically flattened the other cast in his hurry to get his lanyard.

how many trades do you get on average from cm?
I really hope i can get loads, as i'm really excited about it! :D

Your only allowed to trade 2 with each cast member per day, unless the cast member is happy enough to allow more. :D
Luv Aveen xoxo

fly_with_me_dumbo

haha i think i wrote that wrong i know its 2 pins per day per lanyard/cm. I'm a uk cm ;) but i meant on average how many do people trade on a trip, like how many do you come away with :D :D

Eager_Eyes

Quote from: "Eager_Eyes"Sorry to double post - I've been organisng my traders and thought that I'd share these are some nice pins which I've got ready for my trip to WDW in June

All these great pins I'd got together for pin trading night, and guess what I did...left them here! So I didn't even go to the pin trading night, without traders as it was on the last day of my hols I decided to stay  in Magic Kingdom and ride pirates instead.

For my last trip to paris I'd say I traded around 60 or so pins. But I was there for 6 days so that is 10 a day :D

fly_with_me_dumbo

ooooo i like :D hoping for lots of mickeys and minnies and attraction/events/year dlrp pinsssss :D

simonandwendy626

Quote from: "fly_with_me_dumbo"ooooo i like :D hoping for lots of mickeys and minnies and attraction/events/year dlrp pinsssss :D

Well, it's a bit hit and miss during the week. Depends how long you're going for and which part of the week you're there for. We've been lucky enough to coincide with pin trading nights and events so....my best haul, and bearing in mind this was in August, was around three hundred pins traded. Also bear in mind we were in the park for ten days and I also spent in total £700 on pins during the two day pin trading event/pin trading night. :shock:
On average for normal trading days I have often returned to the hotel with about ten to fifteen per day. :)
And I must also point out that I have two lanyards. One for serious trading which I carry with me in my pin trader bum bag and then another with OE duplicates for kids to trade.
It's exciting enough for us adults to trade for something we've been after for ages but its so funny when you get a kid who only has a few pins and is just starting, possibly on this trip and they get so excited when they trade with anyone. I always make sure that their parents are okay with it though. Some are just grateful that you're willing to trade. It kinda scares them when they ask you how many you've got and how long you've been trading for they can instantly see the money side of it and how addictive it can be.
Anyway, I'm wandering off the topic.
This time of year expect quite a lot of trading. Not sure how much trading you've done there if any but if its really sunny head for the pin trading station oposite Casey's Corner, you may even find Franc or Nadia there with the pin board. From Friday through to Sunday afternoon there is bound to be at least one die hard french trader there who has bags and bags for you to peruse through.
And don't forget the permanent pin trading board that is in the Studios at the little store near TOT.
Well that's my essay.
I'm sure there are more ideas to come. If you want to know any more feel free to send me a PM. :D And happy trading!
regards Wendy

Stitch2814

out of all that I kinda stopped at £700 on pins in 2 days...LOL I think my partner would kill me if I went that mad hahaha thank god I only collect stitch and UP XD

Stitch2814

these arrived at my friends in the US today, they are traders for DLRP next Jan,

cant wait to see them in person as then decide which we want to keep and trade haha Cant wait to get the Alice mystery set as well sometime next week :)

fly_with_me_dumbo

Quote from: "simonandwendy626"
Quote from: "fly_with_me_dumbo"ooooo i like :D hoping for lots of mickeys and minnies and attraction/events/year dlrp pinsssss :D

Well, it's a bit hit and miss during the week. Depends how long you're going for and which part of the week you're there for. We've been lucky enough to coincide with pin trading nights and events so....my best haul, and bearing in mind this was in August, was around three hundred pins traded. Also bear in mind we were in the park for ten days and I also spent in total £700 on pins during the two day pin trading event/pin trading night. :shock:
On average for normal trading days I have often returned to the hotel with about ten to fifteen per day. :)
And I must also point out that I have two lanyards. One for serious trading which I carry with me in my pin trader bum bag and then another with OE duplicates for kids to trade.
It's exciting enough for us adults to trade for something we've been after for ages but its so funny when you get a kid who only has a few pins and is just starting, possibly on this trip and they get so excited when they trade with anyone. I always make sure that their parents are okay with it though. Some are just grateful that you're willing to trade. It kinda scares them when they ask you how many you've got and how long you've been trading for they can instantly see the money side of it and how addictive it can be.
Anyway, I'm wandering off the topic.
This time of year expect quite a lot of trading. Not sure how much trading you've done there if any but if its really sunny head for the pin trading station oposite Casey's Corner, you may even find Franc or Nadia there with the pin board. From Friday through to Sunday afternoon there is bound to be at least one die hard french trader there who has bags and bags for you to peruse through.
And don't forget the permanent pin trading board that is in the Studios at the little store near TOT.
Well that's my essay.
I'm sure there are more ideas to come. If you want to know any more feel free to send me a PM. :D And happy trading!
regards Wendy

thankyou for all this info :D it was great. i love seeing such a big reply. I didnt realise there was a permanent trading board. I'm gonna take about 40 pins with me, im only gonna be there for 2 days in august. I did a little bit of trading last year, i always worry about them being rude and saying no  :oops:
haha I will not  be spending £700 more like £10 ;) i jsut hope to trade. is thre a good variety normally on lanyards?