Pin Trading: Share Your Trades!

Started by Masamune, October 04, 2009, 10:50:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aveen2008

Hehe aw that's really great though to have someone that you can be really into it with!! :D  :D the only robin hood thing I really have is a teddy hehe, I liked maid marian! :D
Luv Aveen xoxo

Clarebelle

Do you not have the UK online LE pin Aveen?

I posted a pic of my traders on my swap shop here ... viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7427&start=80
incase anyone is interested
5th Anniversary - Hotel Santa Fe
Christmas 06 - The Kyraid Hotel (extended vistit <!-- s]

Masamune

;) Jacqui only has a few pins right now. :P I'm sure she'll be a full blown pin trader by the time we go back to DLRP in January.

@ Clare - :o That pin of Mickey in swimming shorts is way cute.

Aveen2008

Quote from: "Clarebelle"Do you not have the UK online LE pin Aveen?

I posted a pic of my traders on my swap shop here ... viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7427&start=80
incase anyone is interested

The Robin hood pin do you mean?? Yep I have it! your trading pins are very nice too :)
Luv Aveen xoxo

Clarebelle

I thought you did, well you have a little robin hood friend for your teddy then dont you :D

oh and glad to see that you took that bit out of your post ^^ we dont want you getting kicked out of the forum

Aveen2008

Quote from: "Clarebelle"I thought you did, well you have a little robin hood friend for your teddy then dont you :D

Very true :) ! Funny though the French pin traders at pin trading night weren't impressed with Robin at all! :roll:

I should have sent masamune over to them to wise them up about Robin hehe!! :P
Luv Aveen xoxo

Clarebelle

They just sound pompous, if there is a trading night I dont think we will bother going to trade, just to buy the LE pins and get out lol. Esp when there are plenty of nice CMs about in the parks to trade with. fingers crossed we will hit the pin trading board every day! did you see it on your trip?

can you help me on pin pics? I have joined (Clarebelle) but I dont know how to view my "own list"

Aveen2008

I only seen it once on my trip it was in the studios as the hollywood boulvard store. I had been to the shop and asked about the board. The guy didn't seem to know what I was talking about. Then like 30 mins later we were walking buy and the board magically was outside the shop! :?

I have to say the pins on it were really bad! I did trade for two but they weren't fantastic!

I never seen it in the park. I went into the Emporium many times and it wasn't about. They actually take it to Pin trading night but when I looked at it there it still wasn't that good really! :cry:  I was talking to a man and woman (cast members) and said I hadn't seen it in the Emporium and the guy said somethingabout the emporium changing to selling more of other items or something...which seemed confusing since it always sold loads of different things! :?

Also the girl/guy at the pin trading carts sometimes had no lanyard on whatsoever! :o

Most cast members were lovely to trade with though but they had very boring pins on! I only met one cast member who had obviously her own pins on a different lanyard - all stitch and limited edition. I asked her did she trade at all and she just said no. Then in the studios a guy had 2 pins on that were available to buy in the shop but I thought I may as well get them for free. They were on the trading lanyard and yet when he showed me the lanyard he said you can only trade for - and pointed out certain pins - which is totally against the rules! I asked him where the pins he wasn't letting me trade for his and he didn't reply! Lets just say I could have made a fuss but decided to walk away! :roll:

Pin pics...erm I am kinda new to it too! to view your own go  into my pin pics... then where it says:
Enter a user name to view their collection. This is NOT their tradables and wants (see below):
Username - then you enter your username and hit search and it should show up! lol

:)
Luv Aveen xoxo

Clarebelle

Thanks hun I will give it a go, Im really bad at pin pics :oops:

We only saw the pin board once in the Emporium, we saw it 3 days in a row in the collectables shop on the other side of main street, cant remember the name, but the one with the glass blower. Its one my favourite shops :D

We prefer to trade with CMs with personal collections (ones on their uniform) personally we have only had good experiences, and any we dont trade (UK editions) I will save for Florida :D

Im sure it was just a misunderstanding with the CM, maybe his english wasnt so good?

Aveen2008

Do you not find it harder to trade with them for their personal ones? I didn't see many with even personal pins on them to be fair.

Yeah I like Harringtons too, although theyused to have a big pin section - that wall to the left of the counter but now they just have a little rack on the floor that you can spin around! :(  I was kinda disappointed as they would have been one of the places to go to see loads of pins!
Luv Aveen xoxo

Clarebelle

a challange is always fun :)

how many pins did you trade for? did you buy more than you traded?

Aveen2008

Im not sure I did trade all my core ones with cast members....*goes to look at photo to see how many i had...*..

I traded for 41 pins with cast members..heres the pins I got (not counting the annettes one which i bought in annettes lol..)..

and these..

They aren't the world best pins but to even get the various different ones was hard!

I bought.. 17 pins when I was there plus a lanyard set with another six pins on it..
(one pin missing from photo)

Then my pin trading night pins are in that topic lol!
Luv Aveen xoxo

Clarebelle

awww I love the Hunchback of Notre Dame ones! my first visit was during the 5th anniversary so I just love anything that reminds me of that!
I was looking at getting that started kit! is it any good? its Mickey with different attractions right?

Clarebelle

ouch I already have 104 on pin pics and I have only just started adding them  :oops:

Masamune

:P Don't forget that you can list pin accessories on PinPics too. So things like pin bags and lanyards.