Aveen2008's September 21st-26th Trip report! Final day

Started by Aveen2008, October 02, 2009, 10:59:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeakat24

Quote from: "loladelorean"Thanks for posting your great trip report :) it was lovely to read because, as I have said elsewhere, we were there the exact same dates as you and also staying in HNY!
it's a shame you didn't like the breakfast in HNy - we loved it! Except on the Friday when it was in the horrible conference centre for some reason and was cold.
It's also too bad you had bad experiences with cast members. We were so impressed with almost all of them....except the waiters in Cafe Mickey who tried to chat us up and take us out dancing in Paris! yuck - not what you expect in Disneyland at all, we were affronted!
I wish I had the technical savvy to post my own trip report, but I don't even know how to put photos in a post.
Thanks again for your nice detailed report, I tried hard but couldnt find myself in any of your photos lol.

You don't have to have pictures to make a great trip report, it's everyones experience that I'm interested in. It's good to see Disneyland from someone else's perspective and I've found things out and done things in the park that I would never normally do otherwise. Last time I went I dragged my boyfriend round the caves of adventureland  for hours trying desperately to find the throne that I had seen in a trip report! If you've got a facebook account you can also send people a public link to view the photos.

Aveen: Great report, I replied in your day four post (I think!!), I've got a good hint for beating the scrum around characters fairly if you want to give it a look! It looks like you and your mum had a fab time
Jan 2002- Cheyenne,
Nov 2004- Santa Fe,
July 2005- Santa Fe,
March 2007- Cheyenne,
Sept 2007- Cheyenne,
Oct 2008- HNY,
Jan 2010- Santa Fe,
Sept/Oct 2013- Cheyenne (Alice's first trip),
Feb 2015- DLH (Isaac's first trip and Alice's birthday trip)
June 2016- Sequoia Lodge

loladelorean

Quote from: "jeakat24"
Quote from: "loladelorean"I wish I had the technical savvy to post my own trip report, but I don't even know how to put photos in a post.
Thanks again for your nice detailed report, I tried hard but couldnt find myself in any of your photos lol.

You don't have to have pictures to make a great trip report, it's everyones experience that I'm interested in. It's good to see Disneyland from someone else's perspective and I've found things out and done things in the park that I would never normally do otherwise. Last time I went I dragged my boyfriend round the caves of adventureland  for hours trying desperately to find the throne that I had seen in a trip report! If you've got a facebook account you can also send people a public link to view the photos.

Thanks jeakat, obviously I got over my apprehension and my own trip report is now underway! I like reading the reports too, but I think photos provide colourful punctuation to the text, and lend the report a wider dimension. So much about DLP is visual, so putting my photos in was quite important to me.
Thanks to Aveen, I know now how easy it is to do! Hopefully the trip reports I'm creating now are enjoyable to read and look at, I've been getting kind feedback so I think they are. Thanks for the encouragement here jeakat, I dunno if you'll find any advice in my report but I hope you enjoy it all the same!!
Disney Visits
Oct 94 Cheyenne - Oct 00 WDW - April 03 WDW - Sept 06 DLP Day Trip - Sept 09 HNY - Nov 10 HNY - June 11 Sequoia Lodge- June 12 Sequoia Lodge - Sept 12 Cheyenne- Nov 12 Radisson - June 13 Dream Castle - Nov 14 HNY -
Feb 15 Dream Castle - Sept 15 Tokyo Disney Resort, Sheraton - Oct 15 DLP Day trip - Feb 16 Cheyenne - March 17 Newport Bay - Jan 18 Sequoia Lodge, Aug 18 daytrip

Upcoming: DLH Nov 18 - Hong Kong Disneyland, Explorers Lodge, March 19

jeakat24

You're welcome loladelorean! I have now read the first three parts of your trip reports and they're great, I can't wait for the next installment!
I agree that the pictures do punctuate the text and they are always good to see but I guess I'm just a sucker for a good story! Your photo's are great by the way, I always look at other peoples photos with a hint of jealousy that I can't take any that good, but I've also had a few good comments about mine, I think very few of us are actual pro's but I think it's really hard to manage to take a bad photo of Disneyland!!  :D
Jan 2002- Cheyenne,
Nov 2004- Santa Fe,
July 2005- Santa Fe,
March 2007- Cheyenne,
Sept 2007- Cheyenne,
Oct 2008- HNY,
Jan 2010- Santa Fe,
Sept/Oct 2013- Cheyenne (Alice's first trip),
Feb 2015- DLH (Isaac's first trip and Alice's birthday trip)
June 2016- Sequoia Lodge

loladelorean

Quote from: "jeakat24"You're welcome loladelorean! I have now read the first three parts of your trip reports and they're great, I can't wait for the next installment!
I agree that the pictures do punctuate the text and they are always good to see but I guess I'm just a sucker for a good story! Your photo's are great by the way, I always look at other peoples photos with a hint of jealousy that I can't take any that good, but I've also had a few good comments about mine, I think very few of us are actual pro's but I think it's really hard to manage to take a bad photo of Disneyland!!  :D

I think this is true about the photos! I'm always really jealous of the amazing photos people post on here, but I just don't have the eye for it. As you say, every photo is good of Disneyland. My boyfriend is a great photographer....but he won't come to Disneyland with me :( (trust me I'm working on it!)
I was hoping to get the next bit of my report done today but I'm not sure I'll have time now, got loads of uni work then working tonight. It will be up before the end of the weekend though! It's really nice to get good feedback from people so thanks jeakat and everyone else :D
Disney Visits
Oct 94 Cheyenne - Oct 00 WDW - April 03 WDW - Sept 06 DLP Day Trip - Sept 09 HNY - Nov 10 HNY - June 11 Sequoia Lodge- June 12 Sequoia Lodge - Sept 12 Cheyenne- Nov 12 Radisson - June 13 Dream Castle - Nov 14 HNY -
Feb 15 Dream Castle - Sept 15 Tokyo Disney Resort, Sheraton - Oct 15 DLP Day trip - Feb 16 Cheyenne - March 17 Newport Bay - Jan 18 Sequoia Lodge, Aug 18 daytrip

Upcoming: DLH Nov 18 - Hong Kong Disneyland, Explorers Lodge, March 19

Handy Andy

Thanks for the great trip report. Looks like you had a lot fun.
Magical Wishes
Andy