Started by Anthony, April 26, 2006, 05:19:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony

Kronk's New Groove

Directed by
Saul Andrew Blinkoff
Elliot M. Bour

Main cast
Patrick Warburton   ....    Kronk (voice)
Tracey Ullman   ....    Ms. Birdwell (voice)
Eartha Kitt   ....    Yzma (voice)
David Spade   ....    Kuzco (voice)
John Goodman   ....    Pacha (voice)

Runtime
72 min

We don't seem to have had a topic about this film yet, so does anyone own this or seen it yet?

I finally managed to see it yesterday and I was quite impressed overall.  It definately has the same spirit as the original and on the whole the animation is good.  The story is quite weak, but then when you watch it, it seems clear this isn't *really* a sequal but more a fun little spin off to pass the time.  It doesn't take itself seriously at all, and doesn't attempt to better the first film.  It fills you in really well on Kronk's back story and gives the original film an even happier end, since now everyone's future is pretty much accounted for.  I'm not sure how it links in to the new Emporer's New School TV series, but it stands quite well on its own.

It's nowhere near as funny as the first film (infact I hardly laughed at all, compared to laughing all the way through TENG), the story lets it down, and I don't think it's worth full DVD price... but it's far from the worst DisneyToon movie, and is great entertainment for 70 odd minutes, especially compared to the recent and (IMO) rather dull Tarzan 2.  :)

I'd love to hear your views! :wink:

Kinou

Totally sucks!
Fell asleep when i rent it last december!

Nothing to do with the excellent original movie.
Hug it out bitch !