Pete's Dragon's Trip Report 13th - 19th Sept.09 *finished*

Started by Pete's Dragon, September 20, 2009, 02:10:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simbasgirl

what a wonderful report....read it all in a oner....my eyes are on fire!!!lol

loved it all!!! xxxx
8th visit to the magic coming very soon x

Aveen2008

Hey PD, brilliant trip report! =D>  =D>  =D>  I am only getting to fully read it now!

I have to say the children looked so cute in their costumes, esp Elisha as Snow White!

Looks like you met so many characters which was great for the kids, I agreed with most of your comments on things and am glad someone else felt the same as I did. I came across some rude guests too and cast members! Which I will talk about in my report also... it's sad that people have to be like that when in such a magical place!!

The sea life place sounds very expensive! I have often thought of going there!

Jasmine was very brave going on the balloon, I would love to but have never managed to build up the courage yet .... :oops:  :oops:  :oops:

You were so lucky to get on casey jnr, I never seen it open, unless I missed it, I haven't been on it since 2007, I love that ride I wish they would leave it open! :(
The Rnrc was still closed whilst I was there and that part of the park seemed deserted, I looked into the 'new' blockbuster cafe and agree that the priates area looks too dark and that I think I prefer the brighter look of the HSM area, even thought I hate HSM hehe!! :P

It seems like in total you had a great trip! :D  I understand your final comments about feeling you have seen it and done it all and would consider WDW next, I kind of feel the same although no doubt I will return to DLP as soon as I can.. I can't help it hehe! :P

Thanks for a great report! :D
Luv Aveen xoxo

Rorschach

Amazing trip report =D>  and I agree with you about the Spanish :x

Pete's Dragon

Thanks everyone. As for my bag, I went to the Information desk in CDG and the nice ladies there rang the VEA desk at 2F, who in turn rang the drivers. Sadly I had to leave before they called back, but I left my email address just in case.
I got home and no email, so I emailed them. They gave me 2 numbers to try, one for the VEA at DLP and one for CDG. CDG didn't have any baggage, and the guy at DLP didn't speak very good english. So I emailed VEA again and asked them to talk to the DLP office. Sadly no luck
As my travel documents were in the bag, I thought maybe someone would have handed it into the Easyjet desk. Again no luck  :(

The bag is gone. But at the end of the day there was nothing vitally important in there. The sunglasses were only a week old (and on sale) so I went back to the shop and bought another pair. I bought another bag but its not as nice, but it does the job (too many compartments, borderline women's bag  :? ) And the kids have plently of jumpers anyway.
It could have been worse, at least my camera was in my trouser pocket and Jasmine had the passports.

Annet

Great report!

I've been to the Sea Life centre too once, it's indeed really expensive! But overall it sounds like you've had a magical trip, despite the inconviniences in the end.

Soap

Quote from: "Rorschach"Amazing trip report =D>  and I agree with you about the Spanish :x

Not to make a big of a deal about this, but please don't put every spanish person on one side of this opinion.
We have some spanish forum members to and come on, every country has it's ups and down sides!!! :)
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

em

Great trip report. Your sunrise picture is beautiful. :D
Explorers Hotel - October 2003
Santa Fe - November 2007
Sequoia Lodge - November 2008
Sequoia Lodge - November 2009
Sequoia Lodge - November 2010
Sequoia Lodge - November 2012
Walt Disney World - March 2016

Epcot_Boy

Thanks for sharing your hols with us PD :)

My favourite pic from your visit.......

SBC looks magical with the sun setting behind it 8)  =D>

David

TowMater

Great trip report and your holiday sounds great despite some rude people like [spoiler:2c2rc0i8]Spanish.[/spoiler:2c2rc0i8]
"To all who come to his happy place, Welcome" - Walt Disney

Previous Disney Visits

DLRP  | May 2001           |Newport Bay
WDW  | October 2004    | Calabry Parc Villas
WDW  | October 2006    | Hawthorns Suites
WDW  | May 2008          | Hawthorns Suites
WDW  | August 2008      | All Star Movies
DLRP   | November 2008 | Explorers Hotel
WDW  |August 2009       |Pop Century

never2old

Great report PD!!

Sorry about the Spanish guests, I'm always sad to see that they are some of the worst people there... And I'm Spanish!

And thank you for those beautiful pictures... There are some incredible ones!!

Pete's Dragon

Quote from: "Soap"Not to make a big of a deal about this, but please don't put every spanish person on one side of this opinion.
We have some spanish forum members to and come on, every country has it's ups and down sides!!! :)

Oh I totally agree. As I tried to point out several times I was in no way bashing the entire population of Spain. But just as I seemed to bump into all the characters without trying, I also seemed to bump into the minority of ignorant visitors and they all were sadly the same nationality.
I sure that on the other side of the park, at the very same time, an English/German/Italian/Swedish or Ukrainian family were pushing their way through the crowds too. Heck I even did it myself (once, but I was driven to it)

littlemissdisney

I am so jealous I wanna go back to Disneyland (even though I was there 3 weeks ago).
Your photos are amazing, thanks for sharing them with us.

P.s Your kids are adorable  :)