Your Biggest and Best Disney Bargains!

Started by Masamune, September 17, 2009, 10:42:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Masamune

:D This thread is for people to show off the Disney related bargains they've managed to track down. It can be something you've found at a car boot, or online, or even in a shop! If you got an awesome Disney item for much less than it should normally cost then it's a bargain! :P

Masamune

:) I'm going to start us off with a fantastic purchase I made today. First of all, here's what I got.

:P Nana and Peg Disney Traditions. I've been wanting the Nana one for ages, but they never ever got it in stock at my local H. Samuels. I've always liked the Peg one, but I remember her being quite expensive the one time I saw her in H. Samuels. Anyways, guess how much I payed for them?

............. £5 each!

:shock: You heard me people! £5 each! Brand new! From my fave shop in the world; TK Maxx! I loooove TK Maxx! I've bought so many Disney clothes from TK Maxx, including three Cheshire Cat tops and two Cheshire Cat jackets. :D TK Maxx is the best shop in the world, and this proves it!

loladelorean

Hey there,
I'm not actually a collector but just wanted to say these are lovely, and well done for your bargain! I love TK Maxx too, I have had about 6 or 7 Disney T shirts from there and a fantastic Mickey hoodie! I wonder if my local TK Maxx will have any of these lovely figures...
Disney Visits
Oct 94 Cheyenne - Oct 00 WDW - April 03 WDW - Sept 06 DLP Day Trip - Sept 09 HNY - Nov 10 HNY - June 11 Sequoia Lodge- June 12 Sequoia Lodge - Sept 12 Cheyenne- Nov 12 Radisson - June 13 Dream Castle - Nov 14 HNY -
Feb 15 Dream Castle - Sept 15 Tokyo Disney Resort, Sheraton - Oct 15 DLP Day trip - Feb 16 Cheyenne - March 17 Newport Bay - Jan 18 Sequoia Lodge, Aug 18 daytrip

Upcoming: DLH Nov 18 - Hong Kong Disneyland, Explorers Lodge, March 19

Aveen2008

omg £5 each!!! :o  That is a brilliant find and a total bargin!!!!! =D>  =D>  =D>  =D> well done , I wish my local TKMaxx was that good hehe! :P
Luv Aveen xoxo

Masamune

@ lol - :) I'm not really a collector either, as I only have one other Disney Tradition. I think they're beautiful though, and any one of them would be worth buying for that price!

@ Aveen - :D They were actually £4.99, so then with the VAT taken off they worked out even less than that. :P I just thought it would be best to round it up to £5. You should check out your local TK Maxx just incase!

Javey74

TK Maxx don't sell Disney Traditions up here in the North East of England, they never have done..  :shock:  :shock:

Masamune

:o It's worth having a look in the homewares section, just incase! I visited a different TK Maxx today and checked out the Homewares section. Although they didn't have any Disney Traditions, they did have a bunch of other stuff by Jim Shore. :) So maybe TK Maxx has recently acquired a bunch of Jim Shore stuff.

Javey74

Quote from: "Masamune" :o It's worth having a look in the homewares section, just incase! I visited a different TK Maxx today and checked out the Homewares section. Although they didn't have any Disney Traditions, they did have a bunch of other stuff by Jim Shore. :) So maybe TK Maxx has recently acquired a bunch of Jim Shore stuff.
I'm wondering if it might only be in the super big stores..  :?:

Up here we have stores in>>

Byker
Darlington
Durham
Middlesborough
Newcastle
Newcastle (Kingston Park)
Stockton
Sunderland
Team Valley

But none of them are classed as super big stores shown by an asterisk on their website..  :|

Masamune

Hmm. The two stores I visited both have 2 floors, so maybe those ones are classed as superstores? Still, I think if any of those TK Maxx's are close to you (like, not too far to travel) then it's worth a check. Too bad there's only two that are close to me!

Javey74

Quote from: "Masamune"Hmm. The two stores I visited both have 2 floors, so maybe those ones are classed as superstores? Still, I think if any of those TK Maxx's are close to you (like, not too far to travel) then it's worth a check. Too bad there's only two that are close to me!
Which area stores are you talking about that are near you Masamune, so I can check them on the website for their classification..  :D

Masamune

I checked on the website, and yes, my local store where I bought Nana and Peg is a superstore. Although the other store I visited isn't a superstore, they did have lots of Jim Shore stuff. Just no Disney Traditions. :o Maybe I just got really lucky.

Clarebelle

Norwich and King's Lynn dont have any either :( the place kind of scares me a little its like a giant car boot, and god help you if you get in someones way  :shock: and one woman was breast feeding the the shoe dep :S
5th Anniversary - Hotel Santa Fe
Christmas 06 - The Kyraid Hotel (extended vistit <!-- s]

Masamune

Yeah, TK Maxx is such a popular shop. :? I feel so bad for the people that work there. They have to do so much picking up after people. I've seen so many customers in there accidently drop clothes off hangers, but then not bother to pick them up. And in the shoe department I've seen people try on shoes and then just leave them right in the middle of the floor after they've finished!

:shock: I have to say though, I've never seen anyone breast-feeding in TK Maxx.

Eager_Eyes

TK Maxx can be a pretty enlightening experience if you go there at the wrong time of the day  :shock: But as I work in a city centre I've learned that the best time to go really is first thing in the morning about 9.30ish so when I'm work later I sometimes pop along on my way past.  I often get the good bargains that way as they're just putting the stock out.  I have to say though its been a good while since I last venture to the home section.  I remember seeing a framed Peter Pan poster there ages ago, around A3 size but it wasn't cheap!  Maybe I'll go and check it out tomorrow and report back with any findings.

Simbasgirl

£5 each...I'm gonna be sick.....thats not on like!!! :lol: I thought I got a good bargain at half price....gutted now...out TK maxx is rubbish though!!! xx
8th visit to the magic coming very soon x