[HELP]Starting Pin trading

Started by nad, September 26, 2009, 04:30:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nad

Hi,i have discovered de pin trading world but i have not started yet and i thought if anyone could help me and tell me the rules,how it works,how can i buy pins inside and outside the park(online also)and different types of pins and all that stuff.thx

Gareth

well im a newbie to pins too but from what i have gathered :d

Rules: im not sure if there are any
How it works: basicly you buy pins and then you can trade them with members of staff at the park or they have boards in shops that i belive you can trade off :D
Buying Pins in the shops around disneyland they have walls full of pins and some shops have them at the counter and all you do is find the pin you want and pay for it they all come wrapped on a little card and when you are outside the parks you can buy them in disney srote and i cant help with online but im sure places like ebay do pins
Types of pins i dont know much on diff pins but you get some that are like for the year i have a 2008 one and some pins tend to be rarer than others and will cost more :D

hope all this helped

[size=150]Please Follow Me - - - - Twitter.com/Gareth2100 ---- Thanks

Pamani

A lot of questions have been answered here by Disney themself :wink: :

//http://eventservices.disney.go.com/pintrading/page?id=getStarted#guideline!
/Patrick Nielsen

DLRP:

July 2001 - Cheyenne
July 2002 - Sequoia Lodge
July 2003 - Sequoia Lodge
July 2005 - David Crockett
July 2007 - Sequoia Lodge
July 2008 - Sequoia Lodge
July 2009 - Newport Bay
July 2010 - Sequoia Lodge

HKDL]

Septemper 2009 - Disneyland Hotel

nad

Thanks to bought...one question.......suppously there are limited edition pins,ones that have lights and sounds but i don´t see anyone of them at disney store...could yo tell me how to recognise them ?

Clarebelle

on here http://disneystore-shopping.disney.co.uk/pins.aspx you can see that the pins are in groups, LE, Celebration (also LE) online LE, and core pins. Cores are open ended so they can produce as many as they want.

All pins should display the Pin Trading logo on the back, LE pins will have LE and the editon size also stamped on the back. ie LE 800

it should all be explaned here...

QuoteWhat are Pins?

Pins are collectible badges which have a straight Pin sticking out from the badge which is pushed through a garment or lanyard and secured in place with a Pin back.

What is a Core Edition?

Core Pins are also known as open edition, open stock or rack Pins. These Pins do not have an announced edition size and may be available for a longer period of time. At Disney Store there are three different categories, Standard Pins, Series Pins and Deluxe Pins.

Standard Pins are usually a basic Character image
Series Pins are a collection of 4 to 8 Pins released one at a time of the same theme.
Deluxe Pins are a little larger and can have a special feature like 'pin on pin'.

All Core Pins are priced between £3.00 and £5.00. The Core range will change quarterly, bestsellers may be repeated.

What is a Limited Edition?

Limited Edition Pins are just that – limited, when they are sold out they will not be re-ordered. This means there will be a finite number of Pins manufactured and sold. The "back stamp" (the text on the back of a Pin) on the Pin will list the edition size. At Disney Store there are four different categories, Standard Limited Pins, Celebration Pins, Series Pins and Online Pins.

Standard Limited Editions show a Character or Film and will have a Limited Production.
Celebration Editions mark a particular day or season, Valentines, Easter, Disney Anniversary etc.
Series Pins which are a collection of 6 to 8 Pins released one at a time, all of the same theme.
Online Editions are Exclusive to disneystore.co.uk.

Limited Edition Pins range in price from £3.00 to £8.00. Editions sizes vary and are stamped on the back of the Pin, check our product descriptions for more detail. Limited Editions will release every two weeks.

What is the purchase policy for Pins from The Disney Store?

To ensure all of our Guests have an equal opportunity to buy, there are some limits on Pin sales:

Limited Edition Pins - Guests may purchase two (2) Pins per Guest, per style, per day.
Core Pins – Guests may purchase up to twenty-five (25) Pins per Guest, per style, per day.
Online Exclusive Pins - Guests may purchase two (2) Pins per Guest, per style per day.
Celebration Pins - Guests may purchase two (2) Pins per Guest, per style per day.

When are Pins released?

New Pins are released instore on a Saturday and at disneystore.co.uk at 5pm on the Friday before. To see the release dates, click here

What is Pin Trading?

The Walt Disney Company has always offered collectible Disney Pins in each of its Parks and Resorts around the world. With the start of the Millennium Celebration in October 1999, we introduced the tradition of Disney Pin Trading. Today, thousands of Guests trade Pins with other Guests and Cast Members from around the world. Cast Members in The Disney Store in the UK are getting their collections together and will soon be ready to trade with our guests. Register here to find out when Pin Trading launches.

What are Pin collections worth?

The true value of a particular Pin is different for everyone. Every Disney Pin is special and unique, and every Disney Pin has a story. That is the exciting part about Disney Pin Trading and Collecting- we offer an amazing variety of Pins. Guests can select Pins that are important to them, and build a priceless collection full of Disney memories, stories and friendships that will last a lifetime.

How many Pins exist?

Thousands of unique Disney Pins have been created over the years. And that is part of the fun of Disney Pin Trading - our incredible assortment. Guests may find Pins from Disney Parks & Resorts, as well as Pins from other divisions of the Walt Disney Company, such as The Disney Store. The key to Disney Pin Trading is finding favourite Pins to personalise a Disney Pin Collection.

Which Pins should I collect?

With any collection, the key is collecting or trading Pins that are important to you. The best part about Disney Pin Trading and Collecting is that we offer an amazing variety of Pins. You can select Pins that are important, and build a priceless collection full of Disney memories, stories and friendships that will last a lifetime.

How do you know where a Pin is from?

The back stamp (or back side of a Pin) is the best place to gather information about a Pin's origin. The back stamp will usually contain information such as manufacturing year, limited edition size, series number, etc.

What is an Artist Proof?

A sample pin used to check the quality and correctness in colour, dimension and finish. Pin will have an 'AP' mark on the back stamp.

What is a Back Stamp?

A Pin's back stamp contains information about the Pin and can include such items as the manufacturer (®Disney), copyright information, edition size, and where it was made. Not all information is always stamped into the back of the Pin.

What is a Cloisonné?

A French word meaning "partitioned." It refers to a style of Pin in which the surface decoration is set in designated sections, one colour at a time. Cloisonné also refers to a Pin type in which crushed minerals and pigments are used to create colouring on a Pin.

What is a CTT Pin?

Referring to the 'Continuing of Trading Traditions Pin' that Managers or Cast Members may spontaneously award to Guests who demonstrate positive Pin Trading etiquette and promote Disney Pin Trading

What is a Dangle Pin?

Dangle Pins have an extension to the base of the Pin that dangles (hangs) from one or more small loops or chains.

What is a Die-Cast Pin?

These Pins are cast from brass zinc alloy using high quality hand engraved dies which create an eye-catching, three-dimensional image.

What is an Epoxy Coating?

Epoxy coating is a glassy, opaque substance used as a decorative or protective coating. When dry, it forms a smooth, glossy surface.

What is a Flocked Pin?

A Pin that is or has an area that is fuzzy.

What is a Free-D Pin?

"Free-D" stands for Fastened Rubber Element on a Pin for Extra Dimension.

What is Hard Enamel?

The majority of Pins created for Disney are hard enamel. These Pins are hand-crafted in a process that begins with a flat piece of metal which is die-struck and then filled with enamel colours. The surface is then hand polished to a smooth, indestructible finish.

What are Hidden Mickey Lanyard Pins?

Also known as 'Cast Lanyard Pins' or 'Cast Lanyard Series Pins'. Collection of pins that Cast Members use for trading with Guests. These Pins are denoted by a Mickey Mouse icon on the front, silver back and words 'Hidden Mickey Pin' found on the back stamp.

What is a Lanyard?

A strap worn around the neck for displaying pins.

What are licensee/Non-Disney developed Pins?

Pins that use the Disney Characters licensed by The Walt Disney Company for production, but are neither developed nor produced by Disney.

What is a Limited Release Pin?

Pins available for purchase for a specific period of time. An edition size is not listed on the back stamp of these Pins. The words 'Limited Release' will be stamped on the back.

What are Lenticular Pins?

Pins with 2 or more images that can change when it is tilted back and forth.

What is a Light-Up Pin?

Pins that has lights in its design that flash when activated.

What is a Pin Bag?

Specially designed bag to hold Pin collections.

What is a Pre-Production Pin?

A sample Pin sent to a product developer at Disney to use for approval and verification of colours, size and other Pin details. Once pre-production sample is approved, manufacturer is authorized to create Pin. Pre-production Pins may contain a 'PP' mark on their back stamps.

What is a Retired Pin?

Retired (or discontinued) Pins are no longer in production. We periodically "retire" Pins so we can introduce new Pins.

What is a Slider Pin?

A Slider Pin has a movable piece, such as an attraction car that slides back and forth across the base of a Pin.

What is a Spinner Pin?

A Spinner Pin has a spinning mechanism that moves a piece of the Pin 360 degrees displaying the Pin surface at all times.

What is a Layered Pin?

A Layered Pin is made up of two layers of metal to create a 3D effect.
5th Anniversary - Hotel Santa Fe
Christmas 06 - The Kyraid Hotel (extended vistit <!-- s]

nad

Thx