Cars 2 (Pixar 2011)

Started by Captain Pan, August 24, 2009, 01:44:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Pan

Now John Lasseter's Last Full Featured Movie as Director, 2006's "Cars" financially had become a Disney Franchise filled with toys and games, interactive "The World of Cars Online"... and in DCA a themed world.

Jim Hill Media and Upcoming Pixar

Have been advertsing something... Pixar/Disney's purchase of Urls...

All hinting to Pixar giving Brad Lewis Movie a Subtitled title...
Cars 2World Grand Prix

Looking at this title... We have a reason for both Lightning... and his pit crew to tour the world.

CentralPlazaPerson

I loved Cars (2006)  :D
I hope the sequel will just be as great as the first!

Luigi

Cars is one of my favorite Pixar movies, so it is great that Pixars is working on a second movie, and Toy Story 2 was a great sequel, so i have no doubts they can do that with Cars too.

luke85

I'm looking forward to Cars 2, like Luigi said, Toy Story 2 was just as good if not better than the original, so I have faith that Disney & Pixar will make another great movie! They don't do things by halves!

Anthony

Quote from: "Captain Pan"All hinting to Pixar giving Brad Lewis Movie a Subtitled title...
Cars 2World Grand Prix
Kind of an "Around the (Cars) World in 80 Days"? Sounds good to me!

Pete's Dragon

FFrom Slashfilm.com

Quotethe lead characters this time around still seem to be Lightning McQueen and Mater, the tow truck voiced by Larry the Cable Guy, with new addition Finn McMissile thrown into the mix. He's an Aston Martin-looking chap with something of the James Bond about him. Smooth.

Judging from Empire's report, there's more than a whiff of North by Northwest to the film's set up with Mater caught up in "Hitchcockian case of mistaken identity" and "embroiled in a huge spy thriller" though, as expected, nobody believes him. Brad Lewis is making his directorial debut with the film, expected the hit screens in the summer of 2011 and bring billions of dollars of merchandising in its wake.

While the Pixar crew confirmed that the Cars cast would, where possible, return they didn't reveal who they have added to the line up as McMissile. I'm glad it doesn't seem to be Dalton, though - an ex-Bond would be a little too on-the-nose, I think. A little too Dreamworks. I'm much happier for him to be a pretentious toy.

AmericanMouse

New release planned date: Holidays 2011.

jeakat24

I too actually like the idea of a Cars sequel. As earlier mentioned, Toy Story 2 was brilliant so hopefully that wasn't a one off.
Normally Disney can't make a good sequel (Pocahontas 2 anyone  :evil:  :roll: ). I have enjoyed some of them, but they're by far and large not up to the standard of their predecessors, but hopefully the Disney/Pixar partnership will shine through once again.
Jan 2002- Cheyenne,
Nov 2004- Santa Fe,
July 2005- Santa Fe,
March 2007- Cheyenne,
Sept 2007- Cheyenne,
Oct 2008- HNY,
Jan 2010- Santa Fe,
Sept/Oct 2013- Cheyenne (Alice's first trip),
Feb 2015- DLH (Isaac's first trip and Alice's birthday trip)
June 2016- Sequoia Lodge

Stitch2814

Like Ive said in another thread, thats Im not keen on disney making sequels as they leave the gap for a sequel to long and when they are made they rarely live up to the first movie. Only one that comes to mind is Toy Story 2 and that is about it lol

But I enjoyed Cars..not the best film Ive seen but I would watch a second if they made it :)

The Butlin Boy

[youtube:1j0at3q3]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pG9OAuWy9Q[/youtube:1j0at3q3]

-breeno-

Hmm interesting, the ideas John said in that video will certainly make an enjoyable movie if they make it to the drafts :)
"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!

Anthony

Hopefully this won't just be Lightning bumping into a load of European stereotypes moulded into cars.

His comment about swatting the scooters away is funny though.

Where was this presentation?

lil-shawn

here is the first bic of cars 2

dagobert

It looks like a Formula 1 race in Japan. I thought that the second part will take place in Europe?

-breeno-

Quote from: "Captain Pan"All hinting to Pixar giving Brad Lewis Movie a Subtitled title...
Cars 2World Grand Prix
From what we know (i think) the plot of Cars 2 is Lightning and Mater touring around the world, so a japanese grand prix seems good.

Although maybe it isn't Japan after all, i'm sure you're bound to see ads in japanese all over the world, especially in something like the Grand Prix, so maybe Pixar are trying to move us in the wrong direction? ;) .... or maybe i'm thinking about this too much :P
"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!