"it's a small world" Celebration

Started by lil-shawn, August 22, 2009, 01:04:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lil-shawn

Disneyland Paris just officially announced that It's a Small World Celebration will take place from Nov 21st .
i read this at micechat.com.. it would be really cool if they bring it really back!

Aveen2008

What happens at 'It's a small world celebration'? I haven't heard of it before? :?  :)
Luv Aveen xoxo

davewasbaloo

I would have been shocked if it did not, it has been running for about 10 years now. Basically there are more ornate christmas/Hannukah/Divali etc. costumes for winter celebrations on the children, as well as lots of additional lights and festival decor inside. The music is a medley of Deck the halls, Jingle Bells and IAWS after All.

It is not quite as ornate as the California version where they have christmas lights on the outside of the building too.

It is cute, even if the music does not match as well as it is a direct life from the California version which is in a different order.
since 2001 (many before that)

Aveen2008

Ah ok, thanks for explaining davewasbaloo! So basicaly it's just changes that take place in the small world attraction itself to meet the festive season?!
Luv Aveen xoxo

Owain

There are some photos on PhotosMagiques;

//http://www.photosmagiques.com/gallery/disneyland_park/fantasyland/its_a_small_world.php

Click the Christmas lay-over tab  :)

Maarten

Quote from: "davewasbaloo"I would have been shocked if it did not, it has been running for about 10 years now. Basically there are more ornate christmas/Hannukah/Divali etc. costumes for winter celebrations on the children, as well as lots of additional lights and festival decor inside. The music is a medley of Deck the halls, Jingle Bells and IAWS after All.

I was under the impression aswell that It's A Small World Celebration dissapeared in the last few years. Are you sure it never went away? Well, I am glad they take the time and effort to create a seasonal overlay for one of their attractions.

However, I am even more excited for the new Tree Lightning Ceremony on Town Square (and perhaps the new Christmas tree which was supposed to be there last year already). If they would bring back the old Tree Lightning soundtrack, it would be truly the best Christmas season since they got rid of the Arches of Winter. :)

davewasbaloo

Quote from: "Maarten"However, I am even more excited for the new Tree Lightning Ceremony on Town Square (and perhaps the new Christmas tree which was supposed to be there last year already). If they would bring back the old Tree Lightning soundtrack, it would be truly the best Christmas season since they got rid of the Arches of Winter. :)

I was not aware it disappeared, but I cannot endure the cold and crowds anymore at winter, it has not been worth it since the lights of winter and christmas fireworks disappeared. Man, I miss those days.
since 2001 (many before that)

dlrpkris

Yeah, two ceremonies could be an interesting idea. I'm sure the Tree Lighting music will stay quite similar and the Castle ceremony is merely a revised festive finale for It's Party Time with Mickey and Friends.

After spending so long adding those lights to the Central Plaza Stage last year, wonder what they'd do for the brand new one. Anyway, back on topic. The celebration will be a great addition and a good choice to publicise it rather than just let it happen like it has in the past. Another un heard of gem
"Life\'s a happy game, you could clown around forever - \'cos we\'re the best of friends"
It\'s time to bring down the house - welcome Mickey Mouse!

experiment627

Quote from: "davewasbaloo"I was not aware it disappeared, but I cannot endure the cold and crowds anymore at winter, it has not been worth it since the lights of winter and christmas fireworks disappeared. Man, I miss those days.

Yes, they had discontinued it a couple of years ago. And nobody seemed to miss it - except me...  :(

So: yes!  :D/  Great news!
I might even start considering a Christmas trip again... could this be a step back to a more refined Christmas season like they used to have?
(Seasonal events at DLP have really gone down hill...)

RockNRoller

Yes, they had discontinued it a couple of years ago. And nobody seemed to miss it - except me...  :(

My wife missed it too, her favourite part of the Christmas celebration apparently :-k , she s very happy its going to be back and is now humming that tune  ](*,)
DLRP 2000,01,02,03,04x2,05,06,07,08,09,10,11,13, 14, 2015 (Booked)

"Pumba, not in front of the kids"

Kristof

Here's the confirmation from the French Christmas press release.

Quote"it's a small world" Celebration

L'attraction "it's a small world" célèbre elle-aussi les fêtes de fin d'année avec des costumes, musiques et décors dédiés. La plus joyeuse traversée en bateau de Disneyland Paris rend hommage aux traditions de tous les pays qu'elle représente, de la Scandinavie à l'Amérique du Sud, de l'Afrique à la Chine... Si les différentes nations ont leurs propres manières de fêter le nouvel an, "it's a small world" Celebration honore l'esprit des fêtes adorées par les enfants du monde entier !

A partir du 21 novembre 2009

It basically says that the different countries in "its a small world" celebrate Christmas each in their way.  :)

dlrpkris

Too bad the overlay hasn't been mentioned on the 'new' Christmas site. I use that term loosely as it's largely the same as last year (15th branding everywhere I might add).

Seems a shame to go to extra trouble and expense and not advertise it. DLP usually likes milking these things :P
"Life\'s a happy game, you could clown around forever - \'cos we\'re the best of friends"
It\'s time to bring down the house - welcome Mickey Mouse!

15yearsofMagic2008

So will IASW be closed on the 19th and 21st of November ? x

(btw , sorry i haven't been on lately , been very busy with school )
I want your love and i want your revenge you and me could write a bad romance

Don\'t call my name , don\'t call my name , Alejandro

Tuvok

Quote from: "15yearsofMagic2008"So will IASW be closed on the 19th and 21st of November ? x

(btw , sorry i haven't been on lately , been very busy with school )

It's A Small World will be closed from 9th till 20th november for a refurb and the installation of the Christmas overlay.
You'll be able to ride it on the 21st and be the first to see the Christmas version in action.
DLRP Fan Blog > The Magic of Disneyland Resort Paris (Dutch DLRP Fan Blog)

15yearsofMagic2008

Thanks . It depends because on the 21st November  it is our last day on Paris and we leave the park at 12-1pm :'( . So what time does its a small world open ? x
I want your love and i want your revenge you and me could write a bad romance

Don\'t call my name , don\'t call my name , Alejandro