Childless Couples in Disneyland Paris

Started by CafeFantasia, August 21, 2009, 02:25:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

littlemermaid83

Quote from: "Nicholas-c"Sorry, but parents (mothers) with pushchairs/buggies are alot worse (or better for getting through the crowd) than couples etc... 2 people going on a ride at the same time are not going to increase the queue massively... Just because you have children doesn't mean you have priority in dlp? </rant>

Don't sterotype all us mothers with pushchairs.
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

Nicholas-c

Quote from: "littlemermaid83"Don't sterotype all us mothers with pushchairs.

I wasn't :p was simply stating that i have never seen a farther pushing a pushchair through a crowd of people >.<
August 2003, 04, 05, 06, 07 and 08 - With family
Halloween 2008 - Best trip ever
July 2009 - All alone

Owain

Meet and Greets are the worse. Finally get to have a photo with my favourite character woody from my favourite movie and some woman pushed her child in the photo with me.

I felt like pushing him back out, and i was 15 ! Still a child technically(im only 16 now btw).

So i can see it being even harder for couples/adults without children if they did that too me.

I wont be taking it in january tho  :lol:

RockNRoller

three points to contribute:
1) Been 10 times in 8 years never once taken a kid (unless you count me)
2) Spoke to some friends who recently came back and they said the best thing they could have done was left the kids at home.
3) With kids under whatever age staying free who do you covers that cost? Either the parents who take the kids or the childless couples are paying that much more.
DLRP 2000,01,02,03,04x2,05,06,07,08,09,10,11,13, 14, 2015 (Booked)

"Pumba, not in front of the kids"

littlemermaid83

I'm sorry i'm a single parent and my child goes free and i probably pay more than the usual price for a room  than non child bearing people.  So to say that the couples with no children pay the price for the free kids is just rude and unfair.

I pay double on my room being a single parent staying with 1 child.

Don't taint us parents all with the same brush please.
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

mommy2ash

i just cant understand why everyone cant just go and enjoy themselves. its a big park people.

i am a mother with a buggy and i find it insulting to be categorised with rude pushy people. that i am not. i dont think it matters if you have kids or not, if you are 20 or 50, if your are irish or italian, if you are a rude person you are gonna be rude regardless.

i have had adults cut in line in front of my two year old to meet minnie and then call another eight people into the queue as well, i have had people blow smoke into my childs face, i have had people try to climb over my buggy to get a better view of the parade and i have to say never once have i said oh all those adults without kids shouldnt be here. i have said omg that person was so rude, but it was just that one person not all the others who are enjoying themselves and minding their own business.

also take away all the families with children who visit and i dont think you childless couples would have a park left to visit. us parents dont write to disney telling them they have to charge you for our kids to go. its a marketing decision, and free child placese are very common amongst many travel destinations. its not a big conspiracy against childless couples.
Santa Fe Oct 08
Santa Fe Feb 09
Santa Fe/Sequioa Lodge Nov 09

littlemermaid83

Quote from: "mommy2ash"i just cant understand why everyone cant just go and enjoy themselves. its a big park people.

i am a mother with a buggy and i find it insulting to be categorised with rude pushy people. that i am not. i dont think it matters if you have kids or not, if you are 20 or 50, if your are irish or italian, if you are a rude person you are gonna be rude regardless.

i have had adults cut in line in front of my two year old to meet minnie and then call another eight people into the queue as well, i have had people blow smoke into my childs face, i have had people try to climb over my buggy to get a better view of the parade and i have to say never once have i said oh all those adults without kids shouldnt be here. i have said omg that person was so rude, but it was just that one person not all the others who are enjoying themselves and minding their own business.

also take away all the families with children who visit and i dont think you childless couples would have a park left to visit. us parents dont write to disney telling them they have to charge you for our kids to go. its a marketing decision, and free child placese are very common amongst many travel destinations. its not a big conspiracy against childless couples.

=D>  AMEN

Pete's Dragon

Quote from: "Nicholas-c"
Quote from: "littlemermaid83"Don't sterotype all us mothers with pushchairs.

I wasn't :p was simply stating that i have never seen a father pushing a pushchair through a crowd of people >.<

You've obviously never seen me in action, its like a game of Ten-pin bowling.....bodies and shopping bags flying everywhere. S-s-s-s-s-s-s-ssssStrike !!!!!!  :mrgreen:

I've been without the kids. Parents with Kids never complained I was there. In fact when we met other couples without kids, there was always a brief smile and a nod to each other - 'Yeah, we're big kids too'.

But think about it. If you were only allowed into DLP with kids, there would be no MagicForum

Silvie78

Quote from: "littlemermaid83"
Quote from: "mommy2ash"i just cant understand why everyone cant just go and enjoy themselves. its a big park people.

=D>  AMEN

[-o<  =D>
Liebe Grüße, Silvie

TR_Wolf

We (obviously) are a childless couple, but we love seeing the kids having a great time at Disney! I remember being 8 in Disneyland and how amazing it was to me then, and I love thinking that those kids are feeling that now!

I love being on Pirates of the Caribbean and seeing a little lad sat with his dad on the seat in front, pointing at all the characters and gasping and laughing, and cheering down the drops.

I love watching a little girl with her mum and dad in Phantom Manor, clinging to her mum's side because she's a little bit scared, but seeing her smiling as she comes out into Boot Hill.

And I love seeing the face of a tiny toddler in a Princess dress as she first sees Minnie Mouse or Snow White etc in person, then wobbly runs over to them.

Yet we're a childless couple, and we love seeing other childless couples having a great time too!

Adam (TR Wolf) on the left, and Phil on the right \":)\"

RockNRoller

Im all for everyone enjoying themselves and I know its a marketing decision, I work in marketing and know what we get up to, all I said was its the parents who take the kids AND the childless couples who are paying for those free places, and the same vein as your post take away the childless couples and see what happens to your prices.

RockNRoller

Quote from: "RockNRoller"

Im all for everyone enjoying themselves and I know its a marketing decision, I work in marketing and know what we get up to, all I said was its the parents who take the kids AND the childless couples who are paying for those free places, and the same vein as your post take away the childless couples and see what happens to your prices.
Sorry meant to finish with lets just all enjoy the magic, I love watching kids faces when they meet Mickey even though I dont take any of my own.

Handy Andy

Quote from: "RockNRoller"

The vast majority of visitors take kids. It would be foolish to aim promotions anywhere else as they are the bread and butter of Disney. People would stop going if the free child places were taken away then prices would rise for everyone. Take the families away and the parks die.
Stop the parent bashing it's getting boring.

By the way TR Wolf, I like your attitude. Most of my visits were child free and I also got enjoyment from seeing the happy faces of people I didn't know. It's what DLRP is about.
Magical Wishes
Andy

Annet

I've visited Disney with my brother and his kids, but also 2 times without kids, I find it ridiculous that people without kids shouldn't go there. But I'd never turn it around and say that people with kids annoy me. Ofcourse there's always an exeption. People who are rude, and I also have been practically run over with a pushchair, but not all parents are like that. Fortunately the majority isn't.

To me Disneyland is about all enjoying your trip together, no matter what age you are.

littlehairmaid

At the end of the day..

If Disneyland became a "child free" zone, even just for ONE day! then there would be someone posting a similar rant thread in regards to RUDE French people, rude Spanish people, couples making out in queues!! adults over drinking in bars and singing football anthems loudly!

Am I being predjudice to a singular group of people?..yer probarly, but I think if there is any real innocence and magic about DLP then its not found so much in all the costumes and paint and rides..its within the children!! and any adult who feels it enough to have the strenght to ignore "rude" people!!  :wink: