Tokyo Disney Resort : my TR.

Started by PeterPaan, August 20, 2009, 09:37:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PeterPaan

Quote from: "TR_Wolf"So why can't these other Disney Parks which keep popping up around the world simply be new Disney parks (like DisneySea!) instead of more clones of the original?

You're probably right. However, you, I, and most people on this board are huge Disney fans, that can travel the world to visit other Disney destinations. Most people (I mean regular guests) don't.
I think most people don't even know that there are many Disney parks in the world.

Disneyland Paris is not a clone of Tokyo Disneyland, believe me.  :lol:
And I wouldn't be against a clone of Tokyo Disneysea, here in Paris! The park there is so wonderful.

TR_Wolf

Quote from: "PeterPaan"
Quote from: "TR_Wolf"So why can't these other Disney Parks which keep popping up around the world simply be new Disney parks (like DisneySea!) instead of more clones of the original?

You're probably right. However, you, I, and most people on this board are huge Disney fans, that can travel the world to visit other Disney destinations. Most people (I mean regular guests) don't.
I think most people don't even know that there are many Disney parks in the world.

Disneyland Paris is not a clone of Tokyo Disneyland, believe me.  :lol:
And I wouldn't be against a clone of Tokyo Disneysea, here in Paris! The park there is so wonderful.

No, I mean that say a Floridian would know and love Disney's Animal Kingdom whilst not knowing about DisneySea, and a Japanese person might know and love DisneySea whilst never knowing about Animal Kingdom, but they arent losing out on anything, because their own parks are proper Disney Parks, just not copies of existing parks.

As for 'clones' I mean that Tokyo, Florida, Paris and Hong Kong's Magic Kingdoms are all based on the original, they're copies, they have their versions of Main Street, a central castle, fantasyland, various rides etc, wheras the OTHER parks (DisneySea, Disney Studios Paris, Hollywood Studios, Animal Kingdom, California Adventure, and EPCOT) are not clones of the original park, and are their own parks.

Adam (TR Wolf) on the left, and Phil on the right \":)\"

Nala_84

Oh, somehow I missed this, but it's absolutey interesting to see something of an Asian Disneypark, it always seems so far away!

It's interesting that you didn't like the Tokyo Disneyland so much, but you're right, the pictures of DisneySea just look amazing!! It's such a totally different park and I'm sure it's a place worth visiting :)! Thanks for sharing those pics & reports :)!
[size=85]1992 - Disneyland Paris - 1-day-trip
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe
2004 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Cheyenne
2005 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Santa Fe
2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Newport BayClub
2008 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Sequoia Lodge
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]

mattboywonder

THis made interesting reading.  I agree with some of your points..........i feel that TDL is very much a merge of the parks in California and Florida whereas with DLP they went back to the drawing board and started fresh.  Yes, World Bazaar is quite bazaar but I had lots of rain during my trip so I can understand why they built it that way.  Tomorrowland is very must they way it used to look in California (very Jetsons) before it was modernised in the late 1990's.  It's a shame you didn't get to ride "Monsters Inc Hide & Go Seek" - it was under construction whilst I was there.
I agree TDS is AMAZING - totally draw dropping at every turn
Disneyland - 1991, 1995, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010, 2012
Walt Disney World - 1998, 2000, 2010, 2011, 2012
Tokyo Disneyland - 2008, 2011, 2012
Disneyland Paris - 1997, 2002, 2007, 2008, 2009 (March, May, Halloween & Dec), 2010 (Feb, July, Oct & Dec), 2011 (April, July & September), 2012 (March, April & July & New Years Eve) 2013 March
Hong Kong Disneyland - 2007, 2008

mattboywonder

THis made interesting reading.  I agree with some of your points..........i feel that TDL is very much a merge of the parks in California and Florida whereas with DLP they went back to the drawing board and started fresh.  Yes, World Bazaar is quite bazaar but I had lots of rain during my trip so I can understand why they built it that way.  Tomorrowland is very must they way it used to look in California (very Jetsons) before it was modernised in the late 1990's.  It's a shame you didn't get to ride "Monsters Inc Hide & Go Seek" - it was under construction whilst I was there.
I agree TDS is AMAZING - totally jaw dropping at every turn
Disneyland - 1991, 1995, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010, 2012
Walt Disney World - 1998, 2000, 2010, 2011, 2012
Tokyo Disneyland - 2008, 2011, 2012
Disneyland Paris - 1997, 2002, 2007, 2008, 2009 (March, May, Halloween & Dec), 2010 (Feb, July, Oct & Dec), 2011 (April, July & September), 2012 (March, April & July & New Years Eve) 2013 March
Hong Kong Disneyland - 2007, 2008

ightenhill

Only just seen this..Thanks for the excellent illustrated reviews.. Just did China and Hong Kong with Disney last year and should do Japan tour and fit in Disney in 2011, just re searching the weather etc at the moment. ToT looks beautiful..

Was there not an elevated tramway at the planning stage for Main Street..
[size=85]WDW Florida July 91(way too hot), DL California June 92,DL California Sep 93, DLP France Feb 96, DLP France March 02, DLP France Christmas to NY 03, WDW Christmas Eve to NY 04, WDW Oct 05, DL California Christmas to NY 05, DLP March 06, WDW Nov 06,DLP Paris Christmas to NY 06, WDW April 07 DL California Nov 07, WDW Dec 07, DLP Mar 08, DLP Jul 08, DL Hong Kong Mar 09, WDW Oct 09,  DLP Xmas 09[/size]

PeterPaan

Quote from: "ightenhill"Only just seen this..Thanks for the excellent illustrated reviews.. Just did China and Hong Kong with Disney last year and should do Japan tour and fit in Disney in 2011, just re searching the weather etc at the moment.

Thanks. I hope to visit Hong Kong soon too. You'll be amazed by Japan, and Tokyo Disneysea. I'm planning to go back to Japan in a few year. I think I'll skip Tokyo Disneyland to focus on Disneysea.  :D

Dorsetcandy

Paan thanks so much for your reports will let my partner know about it as we have been thinking about Disneyseas for 2011 and i definately would love to go,fantastic pics  :D

PeterPaan

Quote from: "Dorsetcandy"Paan thanks so much for your reports will let my partner know about it as we have been thinking about Disneyseas for 2011 and i definately would love to go,fantastic pics  :D

Thanks. Yes, Tokyo Disneysea is a must see!!!