Monsters Inc 2

Started by Captain Pan, January 16, 2009, 01:14:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JarethDrakul

Quote from: "Adam"I think Monsters Inc 2 would be a good sequel. I think the original was a great movie, but where would they take the story? It will have to be something else to threaten the power supply. Waternoose escapes from prison maybe.
I agree about what the story could be as I can't really imagine anything...though I'm sure there'll be a wonderful plot to the sequel if there is one. I always thought Monsters Inc. had the perfect ending for a sequel (though I hate sequels 80% of the time haha).

peep

MONSTERS INC 2 CONFIRMED!

LINK
Next visit to DLP: October 26th
Coaster Count: over 320

Anthony

Yay! :mrgreen:

Definitely a good move, there's so much more to be explored with Monstropolis.

The Butlin Boy

This is brilliant news, Monsters Inc is definitely one of Pixars best, and I expect that it'll be as hyped up as Toy Story 3 is right now. However, I can't see this happening for a very long time, and seeing as Disney and Pixar have confirmed their releases until 2012, I don't think we'll see this until 2013. Although the perfect ear release to release this would be 2011; 10 years after the first, I can't see them doing that :wink:

Captain Pan

Quote from: "The Butlin Boy"This is brilliant news, Monsters Inc is definitely one of Pixars best, and I expect that it'll be as hyped up as Toy Story 3 is right now. However, I can't see this happening for a very long time, and seeing as Disney and Pixar have confirmed their releases until 2012, I don't think we'll see this until 2013. Although the perfect ear release to release this would be 2011; 10 years after the first, I can't see them doing that :wink:

Well movies have been switched already...

2010: Toy Story 3
2011: CARS 2 (Moved forward 12 months)
2012: Summer NEWT (Moved back 12 months)
2012: Bear and the Bow

But now confirmed wow I've not been on PP for a while and must have missed this...cause I'm normally "on the pulse" of pixar news and i'm quite a bit behind... Well Teaching Prac finishes in 2 weeks (18 days) and then its a Summer free to get my pixar fill!

Anthony

The rumours/confirmations do point to a 2013 release.

I guess waiting until 2319 for the obvious marketing potential wasn't an option. :wink:

kurgly_bird

Quote from: "Anthony"I guess waiting until 2319 for the obvious marketing potential wasn't an option. :wink:

haha this really made me laugh, i think this has the potential to be good, i think the plot left itself open for a sequel, more so than cars did anyway.

Captain Pan

Quote from: "Anthony"The rumours/confirmations do point to a 2013 release.

I guess waiting until 2319 for the obvious marketing potential wasn't an option. :wink:

Mr Anthony is that a dig at my starting intro?

If anyone fails to remember 23-19... is the Code used in Monstropolis to identify that there is human artifacts in Monstropolis!

And I used that to show that it is/was a Major anouncement...

As I'm "in" with Pete Docter (I've had a personalised letter from him last month related to teaching) I'll see what I can get out of him in my thank you letter!

Anthony

Did we not have a separate topic for the new Monsters, Inc. blu-ray release? Well, that was a nice surprise this morning, I'd completely forgotten it was due out this week!

First impressions are a great surprise too - not a single disc as some online shops had it listed, but TWO full discs, with it seems ALL the bonus features from the original and excellent 2-disc DVD!

New on this blu-ray is the Filmmakers Roundtable (21mins), a really great feature of the four key players just doing nothing but sitting around a table (in that café where they came up with the original ideas) and talking about making the film. They mention the funny random chimp in the original DVD features and even the impact of 9/11, which of course happened just 2 months before the film was released. (One scene was actually edited, which I think they didn't mention on the 2002 DVD). There's also a bit at the end when they're signing off and someone shouts out "Hey, we should do it again!" and they look at each other jokingly... but with a certain look in their eyes.

It's a brilliant 20 minutes, packing in so much info about the conception and animation of the film.

The new Tokyo Disneyland feature is better than I expected, about 7 or 8 minutes with a nice look inside the attraction. Nothing too in-depth, it actually spends most of the time talking about the park itself, how it's an escape from the city and how the guests dress in funny costumes. Anyway, this should be compulsory viewing for anyone who has lost hope in WDI. The ride looks even more spectacular and fun than I'd thought.

Haven't ventured onto Disc 2 yet, I presume it's similar to the original DVD. Considering I was expecting a fairly barebones disc like the other Pixar blu-ray re-releases, this is a really nice surprise and very highly recommended! The 2-Disc DVD was 10/10, so this must be 10.5/10. Everything is on there - commentaries, For the Birds, Mike's New Car, and Pete Docter specifically mentions in the new intro that the artwork has all been re-scanned for HD.

Oh, and yes of course - Sulley's fur does look ah-MAZING in HD!

Pete's Dragon

Apparently Disney has gone on a little spending spree as far as domain names is concerned. As well as several variations for an upcoming Jerry Bruckheimer production, World War Robot. They have also invested in the domain

w w w .monsters2.com

At a recent licensing fair, Disney officials supposedly told attendees behind closed doors that Pete Doctor would be following Up with Monsters, Inc 2.

Info courtsy of slashfilm.com