DLP merchandise that won't fit in your suitcase

Started by Aveen2008, August 10, 2009, 01:29:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aveen2008

Hi,

Sorry to the moderators if this should have been in trip planning, I was unsure of where to put it, also was unsure how to title it :oops:

I was just wondering..

many times I have been in DLP and seen a beautiful item like a large snowglobe or a framed picture or something quite large that I can't buy because there is no real way for me to get it back home safely (with flights, buses etc). Is it possible to buy something and have them deliever it to your home country at a price? Or is this not possibile and the only way you can do it is through mail order?

I have often wondered this.

Thanks
 :D
Luv Aveen xoxo

davewasbaloo

They will ship items to your home, but it is VERY expensive. The alternative is to buy it and take it to the post office at the train station and mail it to yourself, that is the cheapest option.

But we tend to drive, so these are never issues for us.
since 2001 (many before that)

Aveen2008

Quote from: "davewasbaloo"They will ship items to your home, but it is VERY expensive. The alternative is to buy it and take it to the post office at the train station and mail it to yourself, that is the cheapest option.

I never thought of taking it to the post office myself...is the post office at the train station you are talking about, the station beside the villiage? :?  I didn't know there was a post office in there.

Having the car would be so handy! :wink:
Luv Aveen xoxo

davewasbaloo

Quote from: "Aveen2008"
Quote from: "davewasbaloo"They will ship items to your home, but it is VERY expensive. The alternative is to buy it and take it to the post office at the train station and mail it to yourself, that is the cheapest option.

I never thought of taking it to the post office myself...is the post office at the train station you are talking about, the station beside the villiage? :?  

Yep, the very one, they even sell all the packaging needed including bubble wrap.

Aveen2008

Quote from: "davewasbaloo"

I never thought of taking it to the post office myself...is the post office at the train station you are talking about, the station beside the villiage? :?  

Yep, the very one, they even sell all the packaging needed including bubble wrap.

oo thats great! :D  Thanks for letting me know!! :D/  You learn something new everyday hehe! :D/  :D  :wink:  :P
Luv Aveen xoxo

davewasbaloo

Glad to be of service.

Clarebelle

How are you travelling? coz on eurostar you can just carry on what ever you want, well pretty much. thats why we dont fly anymore 8)
5th Anniversary - Hotel Santa Fe
Christmas 06 - The Kyraid Hotel (extended vistit <!-- s]

Aveen2008

Quote from: "Clarebelle"How are you travelling? coz on eurostar you can just carry on what ever you want, well pretty much. thats why we dont fly anymore 8)

Hey we fly from dublin to CDG and then get the disney bus to DLP. It would be much more hastle for me living in northern ireland to travel to england to were the euro star is and then onto disneyland I think! Pity though :( it would be great to have the option!
Luv Aveen xoxo

Clarebelle

thats what we thought, but we make it into a little extra holiday

bigrossco

Quote from: "Clarebelle"How are you travelling? coz on eurostar you can just carry on what ever you want, well pretty much. thats why we dont fly anymore 8)

Hey we fly from dublin to CDG and then get the disney bus to DLP. It would be much more hastle for me living in northern ireland to travel to england to were the euro star is and then onto disneyland I think! Pity though :( it would be great to have the option!

Plus would take you forever to get there, to drive from dublin to the ferry port, to the ferry port in scotland or england, from there to London, then be on eurostar then drive to DLP I would so much prefer to fly get there alot quicker hehe
BigRossCo

Upcoming Holidays

Past Holidays
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Sequoia Lodge
5th - 12th October 2008 - Santa Fe | My Trip Report]http://bit.ly/cCy0r0[/url] | My Trip
Photos: //http://bit.ly/bFHtog
Feb. 2012 - Florida - Radisson Hotel Orlando-Lake Buena Vista

Clarebelle

once your on eurostar you go straight to Disneyland, you wouldnt have to grive, ferry over, then train to london

emweaver

How much do they charge to mail it to you?

I know they do mail order if you email them too when your home but Ive asked twice and theyve never got back to me about the items Ive asked for