DLR | Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor... to replace EO/HISTA?

Started by Anthony, September 15, 2009, 09:23:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony

As Lutz himself might say... "Got your airline sickness bag ready? Heated up that chicken soup?"...

QuoteWhat happens after EO runs its course later in 2010 is the real prize for WDI however, as the plan is for Captain EO to run for at least six or nine months and then close after the summer of 2010. The Magic Eye Theater would then be gutted and turned into a slightly re-tuned version of the Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor attraction already found in Walt Disney World's (WDW) Tomorrowland.

WDI has some refinements planned to the interactive elements of the comedy club attraction, and they would like to see it up and running by the time Star Tours II opens for the summer of 2011.
http://miceage.micechat.com/allutz/al091509a.htm

*vomit*

So much for that Tomorrowland rebirth in California then. At least it doesn't really "solve" HISTA on the worldwide scale, because the Epcot, Paris and Tokyo versions still need a replacement, and hopefully they wouldn't go for this...

(Seriously, even a whisper of "MILF" in Discoveryland, we must mobilise...)

peep

I take it you don't like Monsters Inc Laugh Floor? I've never seen the attraction but it sounds similar to Stitch Live, am I right in thinking this?

I suppose HISTA needs to go but it seems a tad lazy to stick this attraction in there (I know it's not lazy but it seems a tad meh).
Next visit to DLP: October 26th
Coaster Count: over 320

Anthony

It's not the attraction, it's the location. Yes, it's a living character show like Stitch Live, with various monsters appearing to try and crack jokes to produce energy.

[youtube:15k3kcaw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7K_9gvI_Y4[/youtube:15k3kcaw]
[youtube:15k3kcaw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llj7IIzFhSg[/youtube:15k3kcaw]
Your "meh" comment pretty much sums up how the attraction was welcomed at WDW, if I remember correctly. Not a bad filler, but not what Tomorrowland should be about. And don't forget they've already got a dark ride based on the film over in DCA (?) and this would mark the third Tomorrowland with a Monsters attraction. Worrying...

Honestly, I can see Paris suddenly thinking this is a good idea for HISTA in Discoveryland if it goes through.

QTXAdsy

Who in the right mind would want to add this to discoveryland if a plan falls through of course?? :x
I don't know. :(

Here Come The Belgians!

experiment627

Quote from: "Anthony"Your "meh" comment pretty much sums up how the attraction was welcomed at WDW, if I remember correctly. Not a bad filler, but not what Tomorrowland should be about.

Surprisingly, most people I know that are not regular visitors to WDW but just maybe go once every decade or even lifetime spoke quite favourably about the Laugh Floor... Haven't tried it yet, might do it in October - though so far it has not been high on my to-do-list...

QuoteHonestly, I can see Paris suddenly thinking this is a good idea for HISTA in Discoveryland if it goes through.

Maybe. But then there's the language issue - I would guess the Laugh Floor relies a whole lot more on the spoken word than Stitch does...
Anyway: there's still one HISTA - at Epcot - that would need replacing...