Disney New Generation Festival (Until 13th March 2011)

Started by mclarkson, August 11, 2009, 10:53:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

QTXAdsy

Quote from: "Snow_White_Girl"Hmm, this doesn't sound like something to appeal to me at all. I'm not a huge fan of Pixar as it's not what I grew up with and it doesn't give me the same sense of nostalgia as the "true classics" (i.e. the 2D animated stuff) do. I love Finding Nemo but that's the only Pixar film I own, and I'm not crazy about owning any of the others either. As for the highlights:

Quote- New float in parade with Princess Tiana
Possibly the one thing I'm happy about - a new character can never be a bad thing!
- "enhanced" mosters inc meet and great in the studios
Short of putting Randall or Boo in there, I don't see how it could really be enhanced, but I'll wait and see before I pass judgment
- New Car, Ratatouille in studios parade
Never seen either and not particularly fussed about them
- The character train will stay with pixar/new characters
Character train staying=good, Pixar characters on it=bad! I don't mind the odd one on there but let's have a bit of variety!!
- Hub show rework
Have to say I'm waiting for a show about Buzz Lightyear enlisting everyone's help to save the galaxy, I can't see a concept for a Pixar show other than that! Either way it doesn't interest me.
- Balloons are out and randomly parachutes are in! - gotta love DLP marketing!
:shock: They don't seem to tie in anywhere, but I'll wait and see!

I have to say, when I first heard the Toy Story Playland rumour, I groaned inwardly. I know Pixar is what the new generation of fans (see what I did there?! :roll: ) is growing up with but in my honest opinion it'll never match the classics. This has just made me think that I need to get to DLP this year before they "Pixarise" the whole place completely!! :?

'Pixarise' the place?! Eek! What a dreadful thought.:sick:

Here Come The Belgians!

Annet

It would be weird if this all takes place at the DLP, because that's really about the classics. Pixar belongs in the WDS and it should stay there.

davewasbaloo

Pixar is Disney folks. There are a number of us who were fans before most of the now "classics" became classics. A time before Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, Lion King et al. It seems like you guys are joining my "dark side".

This is what happens when the emphasis of the parks is on popular culture rather than creating a sense of place, time and theme. Maybe you may understand a little more where I am coming from in arguing that there are too many character related things in the pipeline (and this is a real Pixar fan speaking, IMHO they are far more creative than much of what Disney has done in the last 10 years).

Most of the posters on this forum are young. Disney used to be a place where they would reach out to all ages, that's why Walt built the park in the first place, and why the characters were restricted in their use. That's happening less and less, and that is why the Let's put the Walt back in Disney campaign started. It is about trying to get DIsney to focus on multiple things, not just selling the latest popular products they create.
since 2001 (many before that)

Pete's Dragon

Quote from: "Annet"It would be weird if this all takes place at the DLP, because that's really about the classics. Pixar belongs in the WDS and it should stay there.

Not really. Indiana Jones and Star Wars aren't classics, they aren't even Disney.

davewasbaloo

Quote from: "Pete's Dragon"
Quote from: "Annet"It would be weird if this all takes place at the DLP, because that's really about the classics. Pixar belongs in the WDS and it should stay there.

Not really. Indiana Jones and Star Wars aren't classics, they aren't even Disney.

Agreed, and Star Tours and Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Eye (California) or Crystal Skull (Tokyo) are far better attractions than all the toon ones added together IMHO.
since 2001 (many before that)

Annet

That's true. I just remembered Buzz Lightyear also being al the DL Park, so there goes my theory :lol: But in my head it's mainly DL for the classics and WDS for the 'new stuff', so I would find it weird to see an entire character express filled with Pixar-characters for example.

Captain Pan

So Pixar are signing off... So Lasster is Signing off... well thats not hard as he's part of WDI these days.

Looking at what we're being suggested with. Its not all bad.
New Princess in the park. Just like it is on celluloid.
Push on Both MI and Ratatouille.
Toy Story Playland in the year Toy Story returns to the Box Office.

Pixar has kicked Disney's Backside in the last 8 years in movies and the revenue in the box  office. and the reason? Creativity. New Ideas. Not Being hemmed in by Executives and a board crushing the dreams of the animator. You Look at Pixar's movies of the Naughties (Monsters Inc - Up) and you see adventure and magic. Disney's only selling point lately has been off the Channel's Stars, not the animation with only Bolt actually making waves in the studio and thats due to one Man.

The Walt Disney of the 21st Century John Lasseter.
You want to challenge my idea... Watch Ratatouille... cause you can read the shots at Disney as the Characters in the movie. Gusteau is Walt, Linguini is Pixar Animation Studios, Gusteaus' is Walt Disney Animation Studios, with Skinner playing The Executives at Disney and Remy being good old John L.

My question is where is the UP in the Park? Where is it. You've got Pixar's Second Highest Numbers in the US, beating The Incredibles (Pixar's Biggest Opening Weekend).

never2old

Quote from: "Captain Pan"The Walt Disney of the 21st Century John Lasseter.
You want to challenge my idea... Watch Ratatouille... cause you can read the shots at Disney as the Characters in the movie. Gusteau is Walt, Linguini is Pixar Animation Studios, Gusteaus' is Walt Disney Animation Studios, with Skinner playing The Executives at Disney and Remy being good old John L.

I couldn't agree more. I also thought that about Ratatouille. And Lasseter's been the best thing to happen to Disney since Walt Disney, no doubt about that.

It would be nice to see some more of Up in the parks. At least get the characters for a meet 'n' greet....

Walts heir

Quote from: "Aveen2008"
Quote from: "Walts heir"i hope they dont redecorate a castle
just imagine having a pixar themed castle i swear if that happens walt will come back to life and murder anyone who planned that
i really hate it when they do that
i mean a lot of us actually forgot how the castle actually looks like :twisted:
i hope they have a new parade i have to say im getting bored with the OUADP
Also i hope they do something really great for the 20 th anniversary
anyway i think anything is better than the MMP unless maybe opening a hannah montana ride or show :shock:
that would be a disaster

unfortunately I dont think the OUADP will be going anywhere at least until the 20th anniversary or maybe even the 25th! It was so expensive to create the OUADP so I would say they will want to get their money's worth from it. Plus if they are skimping money on keeping rides open then they definately won't be changing it anytime soon. They are just going to add that new princess onto the romance float, from the Princess and the frog, so no big change really.

i am slightly fed up of it too but thats because I am a regular traveller to DLP now but I do appreciate its  agreat parade and for those who are seeing it for the first time it is amazing! I love the Simba on it, I just want to take it home hehe!

youre right i mean ive seen it over 20 times so i got fed up with it but i think its a great parade
but we already got denied a splash mountain for the 20th anniversary so the least disney can do is give us a new parade

Anthony

If Once Upon a Dream Parade seems "boring" it might just be because it's the only daytime parade at the resort now. Wouldn't it be better to actually give Walt Disney Studios a parade (either a proper version of Stars 'n' Cars or something else) and fill that gap, rather than lose the best thing Entertainment have ever done?

Oh, and can I coin 'NGF' first? :P It doesn't quite have the same tacky ring to it as MMP...

Cendrillon

I'm sort of in two minds about this one.
If it's done subtly, then yes, full steam ahead! There is absolutely nothing wrong with new characters here and there, especially in the parades, and that seems to be the main change taking place.
However, I'm picturing the nightmare scenario of finding myself in Pixarland, rather than Disneyland, and would hate to see the park completely taken over by all these characters. I'm just a little scared that they could take things too far, and end up working 'new generation' characters and themes into areas of the park where they just don't fit.

Willow

Key Visual

Credit: dlrptoday.com

I like it. I think the visuals are better than Mickey's Magical Party.

RnRCj

Oh no, no, no... :(

Can DLP ever do anything right now? It's a horrible logo. It looks as if they wrote the text and then randomly selected effects to add to each word. The slime coloured "Generation" is the worst bit. Another really irritating thing is how the characters don't look as if they're "part" of the logo, if you know what I mean.

Anthony

Quote from: "RnRCj"Another really irritating thing is how the characters don't look as if they're "part" of the logo, if you know what I mean.
Yep, they're generic character graphics randomly placed together to create a "logo". The same problem occurs on the key visual, with all the parachutes in the background appearing to be the same scale and same perspective. It's not a "real" visual, it's just a collection of separate graphics arranged on a background, like fridge magnets.

I actually really love the plain logo on its own:

http://www.dlrptoday.com/2009/09/11/new ... -revealed/

The classic blue "Disneyland Paris" logo off at an angle at the bottom is very nice too. It looks like something from the good old days of 1995-99, or something Disneyland (CA) would produce (in fact, they probably did... haha).

ed-uk

I like the logo better with the characters myself. It looks more colourful, and explains better what the New Generation Festival is all about, the characters.
Ed & David