Disney New Generation Festival (Until 13th March 2011)

Started by mclarkson, August 11, 2009, 10:53:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kristof

Okay back to those Main Street banners (expected a huge buzz over that...)

Anyway, here's the concept art I was talking about.  Notice in the last photo the Main Street Station with a New Gen logo...

smurfy74

now they are quite nice, not sure if they are needed but they definately look better than the banners - thanks for the gem of info as usual Kristof  :D

dlrpkris

Grrrrr. Redirect the money spent on unnecessary decorations (keep them just for anniversaries and seasons) and improve the overall quality of the offerings. The all-year-round decorations just water down the stuff they can use for Halloween and Christmas etc and the event entertainment loses out on a bigger budget too.

I must admit, I've been working on a project to improve the Halloween festival and these lamppost things are quite similar. Quite discrete and have potential for being slightly classy... just not sure of the colours...

And just what is that on the very left of the photo...
"Life\'s a happy game, you could clown around forever - \'cos we\'re the best of friends"
It\'s time to bring down the house - welcome Mickey Mouse!

Anthony

Well what looks like a frightening Main Street Station "decoration" aside, they can waste all the money they want on those. Nice colours, pleasing design. They won't dwarf anything like the current banners.

If these kind of decorations are necessary, that's how they should be done. Finally!

dagobert

Okay, I'm very happy that the banners will be removed, but why do they have to replace them with new decoration. I have to admit that it doesn't look bad, but it would have been great to see Main Street without any decoration.

Hopefully the castle will not receive a new decoration and the old one will be removed as soon as possible.

DopeyDad

That's a good question dlrpkris, what is that structure in the picture to the left of the table?

RnRCj

If those have to go ahead, at least they're a lot more tasteful than the current banners. A couple of years with no decorations would be nice though. I hope the Central Plaza stage does eventually go too. As nice as it looks, I prefered the beautiful flowers that were there before. Not only that but it also gives Central Plaza quite an "enclosed" feel, which isn't good for the busiest part of the park.

dagobert

Quote from: "RnRCj"If those have to go ahead, at least they're a lot more tasteful than the current banners. A couple of years with no decorations would be nice though. I hope the Central Plaza stage does eventually go too. As nice as it looks, I prefered the beautiful flowers that were there before. Not only that but it also gives Central Plaza quite an "enclosed" feel, which isn't good for the busiest part of the park.

I doubt that the stage will be removed, because I think it was a bigger investment and so it will stay for more years. Which makes me a little bit angry, because I also want to see a Central Plaza with beautiful flowers. The best for me would be when the Partners Statue would be transfered from the Studios to DLP's Central Plaza, like in all the other Magic Kingdoms.

luke85

I used to really enjoy being able to sit on the benches in central plaza, it was so nice to be surrounded by the flowers and just people watch. The stage looks so imposing.

Poppy The Monkey

Well they've just spent 80,000 euros on a new lift for the stage - for Boo and Mike in the New Generation Show - so don't expect it to removed anytime soon. It's a permanent addition!

dagobert

Quote from: "Poppy The Monkey"Well they've just spent 80,000 euros on a new lift for the stage - for Boo and Mike in the New Generation Show - so don't expect it to removed anytime soon. It's a permanent addition!

Oh no!!! :x  :evil:

luke85

Quote from: "Poppy The Monkey"Well they've just spent 80,000 euros on a new lift for the stage - for Boo and Mike in the New Generation Show - so don't expect it to removed anytime soon. It's a permanent addition!

That makes me so sad.

dlrpkris

Ooooh so that's a modification... not a replacement? Sounds quite a lot of money to be honest. That's half a month's firework budget on a lift. Hmm. Exciting though. I love these things. Just imagine the pyro :P
"Life\'s a happy game, you could clown around forever - \'cos we\'re the best of friends"

CentralPlazaPerson

The best advert Disneyland Paris has had in a long time! Well done to everyone who was involved! :D

dlrpkris

Not sure if these have already been posted, but they're nice little touches on TF1 at the moment. Too bad the commercial has animated characters and these are all.. well.. you know...

Mr Incredible presenting the weather forecast:
[youtube:37gzdrfq]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owHvS-A_0aY[/youtube:37gzdrfq]

The Toy Story gang judge on 'Nouvelle Star':
[youtube:37gzdrfq]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkzheayh9vQ[/youtube:37gzdrfq]

Monsters Inc feature on one of those 'Come Dine With Me' shows:
[youtube:37gzdrfq]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByeQRrBxIi0[/youtube:37gzdrfq]

And Jessy and Woody on 'Celebrity Farm in Africa':
[youtube:37gzdrfq]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BuFjWoVLxhI[/youtube:37gzdrfq]

User: Mouetto