Disney New Generation Festival (Until 13th March 2011)

Started by mclarkson, August 11, 2009, 10:53:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

luke85

I'm think this theme carries with it some exciting prospects. A new Prince and Princess will make a refreshing addition to the usual crew! And to have our beautiful castle back, the way it was intended to be, will be incredible!

I think we need to look at things with an open mind, instead of expecting the worst.

david

I think this sounds like a good idea for a theme- its about time disney did more to celebrate their new movies rather than milking the same old characters they've had for decades.
disney has spent too long staring watery-eyed at the past trying to repeat the same tried and tested formulas with little by way of innovation and creativity when these were central to Walt's vision. hopefully, this is representative of disney's new forward looking philosophy- and its amazing that they will actually have a new non-pixar character in the park!

The Helmsman

QuoteThe concept has only just been announced and the bashing has started.

Apparently it's the new trend.... :roll:
~It Be Too Late To Alter Course~

Kristof

Pixar is deeply involved with this project.

RnRCj

The Bad:
 - Another completely toon-based year
 - Toy Story Playland being the centerpiece
 - Parachutes?? (it's too early to make a firm judgement, but I don't see how this ties into anything)
 - Character train isn't going

The Good:
 - No more castle decorations!! Will there be no Main Street banners as well?
 - New character in parade (well I don't see how this could be a bad thing)
 - Enhanced Monsters Inc meet and greet (this might change, but my first reaction was it sounded cool)

I'll have to see about the hub show rework...

littlemermaid83

I'm kinda glad i havent got a trip planned for next year, I'm not a huge Pixar fan.  

Princess Tiana on the float sounds great, but what about other new characters? Do DLRP not deserve them aswell?

I'm interested to see how this new generation theme pans out before i comment further.

I'm hoping for spectacular stuff for the 20th Anniversary.
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "Pete's Dragon"
QuoteAnd no Castle decorations (unless they reconsider).

Imagine if they did a Pixar collage all over the castle. Buzz Lightyear wings, a Remy tail, some blue Sully fur on the turrets, a Rust-Eze banner at the entrance........ ARGH  :shock: !!!!!

To be honest, I was expecting a Toy Story year with a Lego castle! :lol:  :roll:

Epcot_Boy

Quote from: "Pete's Dragon"To tell you the truth, I don't really care what concept they come up with.
The way I see it Disneyland, the rides, the characters etc. are the important aspects of the magic. Stuff like '15th Birthday' or 'Mickey's Magical Party' or whatever, are mearly wrapping paper for the true magic inside.

In the main I agree with this. The yearly themes really don't bother me to much. I would however, really be happy if they dispensed with the castle decorations and the like and invested more in the 'Streetmosphere'. Those little touches are becoming noticable by their absence :(

David

Anthony

I like it.

Why? The concept. It makes sense. Hallelujah, it makes sense. For the best part of a decade, Paris has been pretty much ignoring all these fantastic new films, with absolutely none of the fanfare the new films of the mid-90s got. At the same time, it's the start of a whole new decade, and Disney have a whole load of very fresh new films coming next year. Throw in the very colourful Toy Story Playland, and it's looking like a great, colourful and interesting year. Yes, "New Generation Festival" is a bit klunky, but at least they're not throwing another desperate "Party".

I was about to use this space to moan -- why no Tiana's Showboat Jubiliee show, like California and Florida are putting on? why only a single car added to Stars 'n' Cars, why not take this chance to turn it into a proper parade? why decorate the bloody Characters Express again? -- but I won't, haha. Why? Because Mickey's Magical Party is the most poorly-conceived piece of absolute tosh I've ever seen any Disney park come up with. No relevance to any real occasion, awful awful shows and horrible, cheap branding. For one year, we're stuck in Butlins. Good riddance.

If all Entertainment are allowed to do in 2010 is decorate one car, then I'm all for it. Don't ignore what Kristof is saying about Pixar being involved either -- it's actually a good thing a lot of their characters will be featured, since I guess they have to "sign off" on all the advertising, etc, maybe even help create it? The only person signing off on Mickey's Magical Party was Jay Rasulo. "Go figure"...

RnRCj

Yeah I must admit, after all the MMP rubbish this'll probably seem rather good. I'm hoping they'll cut back a little on the hub show... four times a day is a bit much. Same for the character train. I'm also wondering about Videopolis. It'd be a shame to just leave the Mickey cartoons playing for another year. It's very pleasing to hear that this themed year won't include any entertainment monstrosities like Stitch Dance Time though.

Above all, I am most looking forward to seeing an un-decorated Main Street!

Oops... for a second I almost forgot about TSPL. :-"

Adam

Great idea for a celebration and it will really work well with Toy Story Playland. However, the name is horrible. I'm sure they could think of something better!

New World of Disney Festival, New Stars of Disney Festival...something better than Generation!

Pete's Dragon

Quote from: "Epcot_Boy"
Quote from: "Pete's Dragon"To tell you the truth, I don't really care what concept they come up with.
The way I see it Disneyland, the rides, the characters etc. are the important aspects of the magic. Stuff like '15th Birthday' or 'Mickey's Magical Party' or whatever, are mearly wrapping paper for the true magic inside.

In the main I agree with this. The yearly themes really don't bother me to much. I would however, really be happy if they dispensed with the castle decorations and the like and invested more in the 'Streetmosphere'. Those little touches are becoming noticable by their absence :(

I couldn't agree more. I forgot to mention that the money would be better spent on entertainment, rather that posters and plastic decorations. It's the little things like street bands, horse-drawn carts, even a mint on your pillow that stick in your mind and turn happy visitors into 'Delighters'. Basic Marketing - percieved perception that you are getting more than value for money.

Anthony

Quote from: "Adam"However, the name is horrible. I'm sure they could think of something better!

New World of Disney Festival, New Stars of Disney Festival...something better than Generation!
I was thinking along the lines of the new decade, just to tie it to something real... "Come celebrate the New Disney Decade at Disneyland Paris!", but it looks like New Generation Festival is pretty much final. Mickey's Magical Party sounds less tacky and forced now than it did this time last year, so maybe it'll grow.

Quote from: "RnRCj"I'm hoping they'll cut back a little on the hub show... four times a day is a bit much.
Think the one-show-a-day finale is looking quite certain. In a way that'd please me too, but then it leaves this huge stage just sitting there the whole day... Hmm.

Aveen2008

I haven't seen MMP in the flesh yet but I already know I hate the stitch dj thing  because it looks so awful! I guess anything is an improvement on a party that celebrates nothing! :P
My only fear is that for me personally I don't particularly love Pixar films and for any of us who areb't huge Toy Story fans will probably get a sickner with even more pixar involvement, even though its already in the OUDP, stars n' cars and Woody's round-up! :roll:

I definately welcome new characters though as I have been a bit bored with nearly the exact same characters being on the character express (minnie train or whatever the new name is) for over 2 years! :? A meet and greet with Wall.e would be pretty darn cool ha!

I wish they would stop spending money on themed years and pay for staff to run rides at the proper times and more effiecently, have casey jnr and storybook land open all year round and to take in a great show like Beauty and the Beast or even re-instate the Lion King Show or Tarzan or something! I think these things are more appreciated!

I hope next year is a good one though! [-o<
Luv Aveen xoxo

Walts heir

i hope they dont redecorate a castle
just imagine having a pixar themed castle i swear if that happens walt will come back to life and murder anyone who planned that
i really hate it when they do that
i mean a lot of us actually forgot how the castle actually looks like :twisted:
i hope they have a new parade i have to say im getting bored with the OUADP
Also i hope they do something really great for the 20 th anniversary
anyway i think anything is better than the MMP unless maybe opening a hannah montana ride or show :shock:
that would be a disaster