Disney New Generation Festival (Until 13th March 2011)

Started by mclarkson, August 11, 2009, 10:53:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reiana

I think, it's cute somehow :lol:

dagobert

Quote from: "Anthony"What's this - parachutes broken? Inaccurate landing?

Come on kids, hitchhike to Disneyland! :wink:

Good to see the Incredibles there.

Maybe it was too windy and Euro Disney doesn't have the money to pay for a taxi or a bus for their characters?

The Butlin Boy

There's something very exciting in these photos...

... snow!!! :P

Source: MagicEmotion (pfh56) on Disney Central Plaza

The Butlin Boy

Here's a NGF Christmas ecard from DLP :) :

:arrow: http://www.disneylandparis-ecard.com/?k ... 5017221722

JelleP

^ You can also send the E-Card by yourself: //http://www.disneylandparis-ecard.com/
[size=120]"Most men, they\'ll tell you a story straight through. It won\'t be complicated, but it won\'t be interesting either."[/size]

[size=120]jellep.nl - twitter - youtube[/size]

The Butlin Boy

Pssssstt... wanna see the new park tickets for Disney's new generation festival? Here ya go:

dagobert

I don't like them, I think they look a little bit cheap.

Annet

It's quite different from the old ones, but I like it even though they're not as 'classy' as the old ones.

luke85

Hmm I don't like them. I much prefer the old designs. These look "cheap" as dagobert said.

dagobert

I just got the new German Summer 2010 brochure for DLRP from my travel agency. The paper brochure looks even better than the pdf.version, because the cover shimmers. Although it doesn't look as nice as the brochures before 2002, but it is a step in the right direction.

The only thing I don't like is the German name for the "New Generation Festival":
NEW STARS FESTIVAL. If they want to use an English name, why can't they use the original English name? But that's another topic.

Anthony

Tickets look very nice, good colours. Much less cheap IMO than the tacky MMP designs. These have some depth.

I'm a bit disappointed that they all say "L'Année de la Nouvelle Génération", it wouldn't have hurt to alternate with the English. The Disneyland Paris logo itself is also far too discrete. These are a bit of a step back to the nice old ticket designs (remind me a bit of 1999 HISTA), but those always had a really BOLD "Disneyland Paris". You can barely see it here.

dagobert

As already posted, I got the new German paper brochure for 2010 yesterday. Does anyone else here already have a paper brochure, because I wanted to know if there is also an ad for Toy Story 1, 2 and 3 in cinemas this summer in the other brochures, or just in the German one?

It is the first time that I saw an ad for a Disney movie in the DLRP travel brochures.

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "dagobert"As already posted, I got the new German paper brochure for 2010 yesterday. Does anyone else here already have a paper brochure, because I wanted to know if there is also an ad for Toy Story 1, 2 and 3 in cinemas this summer in the other brochures, or just in the German one?

It is the first time that I saw an ad for a Disney movie in the DLRP travel brochures.

I've got the UK version, but I don't remeber seeing an advert for the film in it though. :wink:

I did however see the "text for a free trailer" thing in hope of getting a ngf advert sent through, but it didn't work :roll:

Anthony

Quote from: "The Butlin Boy"I did however see the "text for a free trailer" thing in hope of getting a ngf advert sent through, but it didn't work :roll:
I got a trailer for MMP (the one that looks like a Powerpoint presentation) in rubbishy 3G format...

davewasbaloo

These look ok. However, am I the only one that wished they focused more on the attractions rather than characters - a kid's ticket with Peter Pan's flight or Buzz Lazer Blaster on it, adults with ToT or Space Mountain etc. Or if you are going for the characters, more of a Frontierland Sherif Goofy/Mickey, Jungle Explorer Donald, Princess Minnie, Astronaut Pluto type approach?

I think one of the very biggest reasons I am anti-modern Disney is it feels like more and more synergistic character shovelling, and less about creating immersive experiences that can only be found in a Disney park, and being proud of that.

I don't want Disney parks to become museums, far from. I just want them to creatively reach and resonate, and then have their campaigns, admission media etc. tie in with that. I mean look how cool the Space Mountain campaign in 1995 and the ToT campaign were (or a lesser extent the HISTA one in 1999).  Even the 1992 campaign focused more on Big Thunder, Star Tours, PotC and Dumbo then on the characters.

That said, these are cute. But I really hope this can be the last year of pushing character junk. Sadly, I doubt it will be.
since 2001 (many before that)