QueenEm's Trip Pre-Report... Report.

Started by QueenEm, August 07, 2009, 09:29:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

QueenEm

Came home last night after a magical time as usual.  Will post pictures of my scrapbook in good time, but as yet haven't got my photos back or a PC connected to the printer so it could take a while...

Got to see some new characters and new combinations of characters, which was nice - mulan for the first time, and jasmine walking arm and arm with genie!

Weather was actually too warm yesterday, especially when you've checked out of the hotel and have to keep going all day. Videopolis running mickey cartoons was a good place to hide from the sun, though.

The park was heaving with people all week, and in part I think this must have been why it was the only year I haven't been able to stroll onto any ride I like however many times I want to (I don't do the really 'big' rides.) There have been occasions in the past where I have got straight off and on again the snow white five or six times in a row in the evenings - I was only able to get on it once this time in the whole holiday - I think that the cast member availability may also have effected this; eg I went on the lancelot carosel and one person alone was trying to load us on, check the children were strapped in, let in the people for next go, and let us out of the exit - making the turnover really slow. There cast members milling around on some of the bigger rides (apparently) so maybe staff allocation is more the problem.

The only two annoyances on the whole holiday I will only briefly mention, as they are only really little things in what was still an awesome time... but I could easily post them as seperate threads they are such large issues.

- When watching the parade and fireworks I was completely distracted by children climbing in the trees in front of Victorias. One child was clambering up and down constantly and going right out onto some of the more unstable and further out brances, making the entire tree wobble, and sometimes even laying on his stomach with his full weight out on the limb, and then of course every other child tries to copy... Not only is this distracting, but to my mind if anything happened to a tree in main street it's the worst kind of criminal damage there could possibly be. He and other people were also continually crushing the saplings around the area underfoot (you could hear them snapping it was unbearable). There NEEDS to be more cast members around to combat this. I know disney isn't about discipline, but a little respect goes a long long way.

- Ride breakdowns were constant and rife. I was fairly uneffected because I don't go on pirates, big thunder, indiana - but at one point at least I think all three were down at the same time and queues swell everywhere else, particuarly with the odd opening times for many attractions at the moment... There needs to be far more communication to inconvience us as little as possible. We were stuck in the buzz room of the laser blast (I think it broke down at least a few times every day we were there - are they being run into the ground because other rides are open for small amounts of time only?) and we could not hear any annoucements, irregular as they were, over the noise of buzz explaining the mission. Eventually, as we only had hours left before we had to catch the train home, we made our way back out only to be told as we tried to exit by the main entrance of the ride that it was now back in operation... and we had to start cueing from the fastpass line all over again...

Small, small things as I said - holiday was wonderfull, do not misunderstand me. I wish I was there right now, coming home is always traumatic!
Oh I wish... I wish I could be part of his world!

kiki_304

Looking forward to seeing your pics.

Every holiday has its ups and downs I guess. :?

Where were the parents of these kids?  I would be too scared to let my kids out of sight in a place like Disney and lots of crowds, too easy to lose them.  Besides the fact they shouldn't let them climb the trees! :shock:

DLP-Photos.com

Although the two things seems irritating (the kids is worrying for both the health of the kids and the greenery and the ride break-downs and odd opnening hours - they need to address this problem as soon as possible), I am happy to hear that you had a magical time.

I cannot wait to see photos of your scrapbook!  :D/
/Nicolai

Please visit my DLP website: www.dlp-photos.com

[size=150]Trip report from August 2014[/size]

QueenEm

Okay, sigh, colour me embarrased. Could someone please remind me how to post pictures within posts? I've uploaded my pictures onto photobucket if that helps?
Oh I wish... I wish I could be part of his world!

Clarebelle

copy and paste the IMG code :D
5th Anniversary - Hotel Santa Fe
Christmas 06 - The Kyraid Hotel (extended vistit <!-- s]