Bastille Day Fireworks

Started by Patrick, July 15, 2006, 12:05:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patrick

It's the 14th July and I've just had word from Raptor1982 who is in the resort that the fireworks were a slight disaster with only the big shells going off and none of the rockets behind the castle going up, seems rather irritating considering it is a French national Holiday :? .

The Butlin Boy

uh-oh! That doesn't sound to good for Disney :(

Dlrpfan

oh dear cincidering it was a quite a good show last year this is a bit of a dissapointment
Dan
Remember Dreams Come True! \":mickey2:\"

[size=100]\'We Keep Moving Forward\' [/i][/size] - Walt Disney

Disneyland Resort - 2007 2010
Walt Disney World - 2001 2003 2005 2006 2008 2009 2011 2012/2013
Disneyland Paris - 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2004 2005 2007
Disney Cruise Line - Disney Wonder: 2008 2009 Disney Dream: 2011 Disney Fantasy: 2012

Kris

Yeah the ground-based fireworks never seemed to lift off so there were big pauses. At least the finale worked! My worry is that they rely totally on the ground-based stuff for Wishes. Will it all work tonight?

http://www.dlrp.fr/videos/14juillet/14juillet.mpg
Grab a balloon, come on let\'s go!

The Butlin Boy

Some photos and a video can be found at dlrp.fr:

http://www.dlrp.fr/actularge.php?id=715

The Butlin Boy

I've just watched a video of the fireworks so now I know what you mean by the long pauses. But despite some of the fireworks not working, some of the ones that did looked beautiful which brings me to the question, did the guests seem to enjoy the show or not?

Sam

They liked the big bangs, something Wishes doesn't have.

Let's hope they can fix the problem in time.

Kristof

Quote from: "PATMAGIC"It's the 14th July and I've just had word from Raptor1982 who is in the resort that the fireworks were a slight disaster with only the big shells going off and none of the rockets behind the castle going up, seems rather irritating considering it is a French national Holiday :? .

Top of the bill: Karl Holz was watching the show on the hub, next to the Wishes logo. (We were staning on the gate right in front of it).

He was already in a bad mood when there were a lot of errors during the Fantillusion parade (appearently the 3 Fairies float crashed when it drove on stage, causing the stop animation and music to play while it was driving along the parade route).  Quite a few floats had missing effects or weren't working like they're supposed too.

And then the fireworks started way too late, because (we were told by someone from Guest Flow) there was a group at the Blue Lagoon which refused to leave, so they had to wait until they had left before the fireworks could start.

And then ofcourse almost nothing happened during the fireworks.  Most of the show was dead, with people actually boo-ing or plain leaving.

Karl Holz told to some Disney Central Plaza forum members that there were problems with the computer that launches the fireworks.

geomelin

Hi there

Does anyone knows what time these fireworks begin?
I am going to be there on 14th July and I am trying to do the programme of our trip.

Thanks
George

Previous Trips

(1) 2000 - Disneyland Paris (Millennium Celebration)
(2) 2002 - Disneyworld Orlando - Disney Cruise to the Bahamas
(3) 2006 - Disneyland Paris (Christmas Season)
(4) 2009 - Disneyland Paris (Summer Season)

Anthony

Probably about 11pm!

It's best to post questions like this in the Trip Planning forum, rather than use old topics. :wink:

Lorum

May anyone write the titles of the musics used for the show?
"If you can dream it, you can do it"