Breeno's Trip Report 9th-13th July 2009

Started by -breeno-, July 08, 2009, 01:40:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Helmsman

QuoteNow, i remember The Helmsman asked me if i could get some photos of Harrington's, so, keeping to my word, i did.
Apologies for the bad quality photos, hope i got what you were looking for!

Many thanks breeno :) !!! The pics are fab, don't worry about the quality. And yes you did capture what I'm looking for :D/ . It's the "Donald Duck and Yellowbeak
"Pirate Gold" " sculpture plus the one that is in front of it. I do hope that I'm gonna find them this fall that most probably I'll pay my next visit   [-o< .
Keep up with your excellent report!!
~It Be Too Late To Alter Course~

DLP-Photos.com

Fantastic trip report so far Breeno! Great photos - I especially like the ones form Harringtons (WDCC Collector as I am) and the Road Runner  :D/

Well, I think this is the first time I have seen a picture of Hakuna Matata open - I cannot even remember seeing it myself when I was younger.

You have really made me even more excited about my october trip - thanks and keep the great updates coming!  =D>
/Nicolai

Please visit my DLP website: www.dlp-photos.com

[size=150]Trip report from August 2014[/size]

Nicholas-c

:D Good report so far

Quote from: "bigrossco"did i spot some xmas decorations?!?

Oooo Yes, Lots everywhere ;)
August 2003, 04, 05, 06, 07 and 08 - With family
Halloween 2008 - Best trip ever
July 2009 - All alone

-breeno-

Thanks again everyone for your comments :D

Day 2: 10th July 2009 - Part 1

The second day of the holiday began at 6:45am, with the theme tune of the Twilight Zone buzzing through my head.  No, i wasn't dreaming of the Tower of Terror, I set my phone alarm for 6:45am, with the Twilight Zone as the alarm tone :P  Once i finally got out of bed (being in DLP doesn't stop me being lazy it seems) i then spent a lifetime in the bathroom getting ready, i'm like that sometimes.  When i was eventually out of the bathroom i then got dressed and sat down to write some notes in my notebook as my parents took their turns in the bathroom.  According to what i wrote i was listening to Kanye West - Homecoming on my ipod, but i can also recall me listening to Life is a Highway by Rascal Flatts, Just Like We Dreamed It and The Magic of Disneyland by Tim Babb ( :mrgreen: ).  Our breakfast was at 7:30am and once we were ready we set off for then.  As for breakfast it was lovely as it always it in DLP, i had cereal, 2 chocolat du pains (that spelled right?) and a few glasses of milk.  Not that much, but breakfast went on and on and on.  The reason?  My dad LOVES breakfast in DLP, it's the only time of the year he actually has breakfast, the amount of stuff he eats at breakfast is not normal :lol:  And there's never left overs :P

After we finally got out of breakfast we went to catch the bus to the hotel, and when i was on the bus i noticed something.  As we drove past Santa Fe i spotted that some of buildings could do with a fresh lick of paint, this photo kind of proves this

Anyway once we were off the bus we then headed straight to Disneyland Park to make full use of the EMH, and i spotted this just as i entered Main Street

Refurb?  Repair?  Cleaning?

I then kept my camera on to get some snaps of a rather quiet Main Street, and of the castle as we moved closer to it

We then walked through the castle and ended up in Fantastyland

Peter Pan had a short queue (which it usually does during EMH) so we decided to ride it.  Just like last year (which was the first time i was on it in years) i can understand why the queues are so bad for it, just a shame nothing can be done about them.  After our flight through Neverland we had a walk past Alice's Curious something (sorry! Don't know the full name :oops: ) where i got a photo in that chair :mrgreen:

We then walked past IASW (which doesn't open during EMH sadly) and to Discoveryland

Hidden Mickey ;) :mrgreen:

Upon arriving in Discoveryland i remembered Kristof's latest Photo Magiques trip report, and if i recall correctly this building (can't remember exactly what it is, something to do with AP) was under refurb

And that the lava rocks had the water back on, and, a few days later, was still on :P

Another thing i remember Kristof reporting was that the Buzz in the queue of Buzz Lightyear's Laser Blast was broke, so i had to go on it, to find out if he was fixed.  And i'm happy to say, he was back working again after his Sunday evening hangover :P

After Buzz the next attraction to go on was clear, i first time for me.  Space Mountain: Mission 2!  Why i haven't been on it earlier i don't know, i just never have.  So this was my first time in Space Mountain since 6 years ago when old mission 1 was still operating.  And oh have i forgot a lot about it.  I had forgotten nearly everything that was in the queue (apart from the television, which randomly has always stuck in my mind) but i could easily remember the old loading area, which had the French flags hanging from the roof.  I was sad to see that they've been replaced with "Mission 2" flags, shame.  Anyway onto the ride, and it was awesome!  I had forgotten so much about mission 1 i even forgot what it was like.  Words can't describe how much i enjoyed SM though, i wish i got the on ride photo now, but then again, i looked rather boring in it (just me in a very serious face :lol: ).

After my ride through space it was around 8:30am, so we thought we'd head over to the Studios for a quick fastpass of ToT and do two more rides for the first time, Armageddon and Rock n Roller Coaster! :mrgreen:

TO BE CONTINUED...

Sorry for Part 1 being so short, i had planned it to be longer but earlier i had most of it done, then i accidently clicked on something on the page, and when i clicked back nearly all of it disappeared.  Meaning i had to pretty much start again from scratch.  Part 2 and 3 will have more though.  Sorry again!
"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!

burntsienna

Aww you don't need to apologize! part 1 is great!
I love your photographs and it really lets me relive Disney!  :mrgreen:
Thanks so much for doing the report! I can't wait for the rest
"I could be the Alice to your Wonderland"

littlehairmaid

Aww I hate it when you write loads and then it dissapears grrr but what you have written so far is great!  :D/

Aveen2008

Another great addition!

Your photos are great, esp love the one taken from the castle looking up main street to the hotel, it's a great view!

:D/
Luv Aveen xoxo

CentralPlazaPerson

Class so far Breeno!
Also I found the hidden mickey ;) well spotted!

Pete's Dragon

Quote from: "CentralPlazaPerson"Class so far Breeno!!

Said like a true Irishman, all that was missing at the end was 'big man'  :lol:

Great report Breeno, keep it coming !!

dagobert

Nice trip report and pictures again!

never2old

Great report so far Breeno, thank you for sharing!!

Some very beautiful pictures there... makes me miss it so much!!

Javey74

Quote from: "breeno"TO BE CONTINUED...

Sorry for Part 1 being so short, i had planned it to be longer but earlier i had most of it done, then i accidently clicked on something on the page, and when i clicked back nearly all of it disappeared.  Meaning i had to pretty much start again from scratch.  Part 2 and 3 will have more though.  Sorry again!
That is exactly what happened to me on the end part of my last 'Trip Report', I lost loads, which had to be re-written.  But it is never the same the second time is it..  :roll:

Still, another great instalment breeno, I love the Hidden Mickey one, I've never seen it from that angle before.  That's probably why I never noticed it..  :lol:  :lol:  :mrgreen:

Really looking forward to the next instalment now after reading that one..  :wink:  :D

id@53

Quote from: "Pete's Dragon"
Quote from: "CentralPlazaPerson"Class so far Breeno!!

Said like a true Irishman, all that was missing at the end was 'big man'  :lol:

Great report Breeno, keep it coming !!

Now you're suckin' diesel!
\'A fine bunch of water lilies you turned out to be. I\'d like to see anybody make me wash, if I didn\'t wanna.\' ...... \'Next thing you know, she\'ll be tyin\' your beards up in pink ribbons and smellin\' ya up with that stuff called, uh..."perfoom".\'

DLP-Photos.com

Great update Breeno with some very good photos :)

Oh, and no need to apologise - this just means that we get to read more updates ;)
/Nicolai

Please visit my DLP website: www.dlp-photos.com

[size=150]Trip report from August 2014[/size]

Aveen2008

we want more! We want more! hehe! :P
Luv Aveen xoxo