Aveen2008's September 21st-26th Trip report! Day 2* updated

Started by Aveen2008, September 28, 2009, 08:59:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aveen2008

Day 2 - first full day - Disneyland Park

I decided to dedicate our first full day to Disneyland Park! After a wake up call from goofy to "rise and shine, it's time for another day" at 7:15, we were up, washed, dressed and heading for the park! I loved being able to walk through the villiage and not having to worry about getting those cramed buses to the park! They completely stress me out! :P

Main street was pretty quiet, I noticed the ground was wet even though it hadn't been raining, I am guessing they wash the street...

and the transport vechiles were on the go like the double decker bus....

and to my delight the horse pulled carriages!! I have never seen them before in DLP so that was great!! :D/ ....

They really are so beautiful!

I took the opportunity to get some pics in main street whilst it wasn't busy...

I really love window displays-
little pirate mickey..

donald

mickey and minnie..

For the first time I spotted this door! It really does pay to walk around the park slowly and try to take in everything hehe...

The castle looked beautiful in the early morning sun as it always does and I was surprised that the central plaza stage wasn't as imposing as I imagined it to be..

I didn't think the Mickey's Magical Party emblem on the castle was that bad either in real life but I really do hope after this year it is removed...

Mum was very impressed with the flowers too...

Of course we had to get the must have pics infront of the castle..

Then we headed on into fantasyland to do some of the Extra magic hour rides! Of course Snow white was under construction and I did check to see if the evil queen would appear in the window but nope she was off duty lol...

Of course my first poing of duty was to go over to see if there was any sign infront of storybookland/casey Jnr, I was disappointed but not surprised to see this..

:(  :(  :(  :(  :(  :(  :(  :(  :(  :(  :(  :(  :(  I really miss Casey Jnr! I loved that ride!

I also noticed the staggered opening hours for Alice's labrynth which stated it was open 11am-3pm! Unfortunately we never got to do it on this trip :( from a distance it looked good though....

& I liked the little topery tea pot outside the entrance...

our first ride was Dumbo which had a queue of about 10 minutes but i never find it seemed very long! Then it was onto the tea cups. Mum felt unwell on them the last time so I promised her we wouldn't spin it :P ... Then she was enjoying it so much she told me to start spinning it..just as the ride came to a stop 3 seconds later! :roll:
I'm not a big fan of pinocchio so we left it out and decided to do peter pan some other time, stead we walked past the snow white show and around to the front of the castle...passing some cute little fellas on the way....

I also noticed these white tent things on either side of the castle, not sure what they were for....maybe a tree/speaker getting repaired?...

It was then time to see our first Minnie's party train of the trip.....

Of course even though I decided no character scrums this time, I couldn't hold mum back from tigger who was delighted to see her in her tigger t-shirt and she got lots of hugs and cuddles...

Thankfully I knew where he woud stand after coming off the train and we were the second people standing there before the crowd came so it wasn't too bad!Phew!

we were starting to get a little hungry so we headed to the bakery and I had my favourite treat.. the white donoughts! I don't like them at home but the DLP ones are great....

more coming in a few minutes.....
Luv Aveen xoxo

MizzRabbit

Wow Aveen, I just can't believe how pretty you are. Your skin is flawless! I'm very jealous! Looks like a great day and can't wait for the next part. Will be checking back in an hour. :D

My Disneypics gallery]http://public.fotki.com/MizzRabbit/[/url]
Use password]

Masamune

:P Aww, that pic of your mum and Tigger is so sweet.

:D And yes, I agree with Mizz. Your skin is gorgeous!

Aveen2008

Then I decided to pop into the Emporium to see if there was any pin boards about...unfortunately the wasn't and the shop was quite busy as the park was now also open to the public (after EMH's). My first ecounter with a rude cast member came next. There was a plastic case beside the rack pins showing limited edition ones, so I queued at the counter and asked if these pins where still available to buy. The cast member seemed annoyed at me for even asking and started asking which one, I was trying to explain as I walked to the plastic case trying to avoid the hords of human traffic. The cast member kept saying abruptly, which one, which one in a very rude tone of voice even though I was trying to show him! Then when we went back to the till he asked me in a nasty tone if I only wanted one and I paid for it and got my change without a smile or a thank you! I felt kind of annoyed at him for the way he was shouting "which one, which one" constantly at me!! :x  I don't get why people have to be like that!

Anyway I spotted this poster image on the wall behind a counter and had to take a pic...
.. esp this little pic of walt

On the way to Discoveryland another minnie's party train passed us and tigger pointed to mum and her t-shirt - she was loving the attention...

It had been a while since I had a proper look around discoveryland so it was great! we were going to go on honey I shrunk the audience but decided against it...so we just had a nice stroll around and as always Autotopia's queue was ridiculously long! Got a nice photo though...

I then decided to take mum on Buzz as she hasnt been on it before...

well to say she loved it was an understatement, I think we did it about 5 times on this trip! plus she bought 2 on ride photos... this is probably the best of the 2...

It was then time to get our place infront of central plaza for Mickey's magical party time, I only filmed this time but took photos another day! I have to say I loved this little show and even bought the cd! Although it still seems silly from the point of view they aren't really celebrating anything! :P

After a short walk around Adventureland we headed back to the pinocchio restraunt in fantasyland can't remember its full proper name sorry :oops:  :P . I think the menu in here has changed slightly which made ordering a bit more difficult :?

Mum then decided she wanted to meet Jack sparrow so it was back to Adventureland and off to the Blue Lagoon! There is now a little sign beside a few boxes with skull and crossbones on it saying "Jack Sparrow, calls in from time to time"....however all you have to do is look at the meet and greet section of the programme to find out when that is! :P  What was awful is some family had sat down on the boxes in the meet and greet area and left all their rubbish sitting there and it was still there when Jack came out! He was very good and in character, hiding behind the bushes, climbing along the wall and scared the life out of a poor woman that he sneaked up on from behind! Go captain jack!!....

As the day was coming to an end for the Disney park I knew that we wouldn't get to fully explore frontierland and adventureland so they would have to wait to another day, so we headed back to fantasyland where we took a ride on Peter Pan...
the tilt of the ship seems much worse from the back and I let out a little scream at times! (we were put behind two other people on the same ship)

It was then time to exit the park but not without another window display to photograph...
we also passed the genie and abu doing a meet and greet at the bottom of main street but we didn't stop...

It was then back to the hotel for a rest! I loved the lifts in hotel new york, one had hannah montana posters, one had mickey mouse clubhouse and the other had Up ( or as the french call it La Haut!) posters on the insides of the doors....

we then took a short stroll around the villiage before calling it a day! for the first time I went up stairs in the 'Disney Gallery store', I never realised that this was up there....

Anyway it was time to head to our room for the night, we were exhausted but happy! :D

...Day 3 coming soon!
Luv Aveen xoxo

Aveen2008

Thanks honey and Lindsay I really don't think I am pretty at all but thank you for the complement :)  Sorry it took me ages to get the secon part of the day up, a friend called over, I am going to try and get day 3 done now.. hope I can!
Luv Aveen xoxo

Masamune

:P If I looked as good as you Aveen I'd be much happier to post photos of myself. *Is quite shy*

:? Bah, sorry to hear about the horrible Cast Member. I know that shop gets insanely busy, but that's no excuse for anyone working there to be rude. :) Hopefully that's the only rude CM you'll ever meet.

MizzRabbit

Yeah, some castmembers are a little rude but only one or two. Most castmembers I've meet have been delightful. So is your mom just as big a Disney fan as you Aveen?

And Masamune, I don't think I've ever seen a picture of you. Could you upload one? Don't be shy! :D

My Disneypics gallery]http://public.fotki.com/MizzRabbit/[/url]
Use password]

-breeno-

Great update to the trip report Aveen :D

I can't believe that about the rude CM.  He's clearly working in the wrong place if that's his attitude.  I've never came across a rude CM before (touch wood).
"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!

Simbasgirl

another great day!!..those window displays are brilliant!!
8th visit to the magic coming very soon x

DLP-Photos.com

Great update with some lovely photos - sorry to hear about the rude CM - he must have had a very bad day!
/Nicolai

Please visit my DLP website: www.dlp-photos.com

[size=150]Trip report from August 2014[/size]

Epcot_Boy

Aveen2008 said:

For the first time I spotted this door! It really does pay to walk around the park slowly and try to take in everything hehe

It's the only way to travel (around DLRP that is :lol: ) :wink:

Loved this pic  =D>

David

The Butlin Boy

Glad you had another great day. I'm feeling pretty tired now so I'll leave day 3 for tomorrow (give me something to look forward to too :P ).

Thanks for posting :)

Javey74

Great 2nd instalment, loved the photos..  :D/

As for Casey Jnr and Le Pays des Contes de Fees being closed, it was an all too common occurence when I was there last aswell..  :(

The window shots you took of Donald, Mickey and Minnie, were those taken in the shop window below>>  :?:

If they were, it's one of my favourite shop windows in Main Street, well other than Harringtons..  :wink:  :D

I must admit, you were really lucky to see the horse drawn carriage. I have yet to see one..  :o

Once again great read, onto the next instalment now..  :mrgreen:

(Yes I'm a little behind at present, so I've noticed)..  :lol:  :mrgreen: