The Enchanted Fireworks (4 July - 30 August 2009)

Started by Kristof, June 29, 2009, 03:31:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maarten

Quote from: "Festival Disney"Here's the official "preview" video published on DLP's YouTube channel...

Judging by the decorations on the castle, its seems this video shows the Enchanted Fireworks from 2009. This year there aren't any projections on the castle.

seanmartina

I think you wrong, there is projections on the castle this year, look at video on page 2. clearly projections

Maarten

Quote from: "seanmartina"I think you wrong, there is projections on the castle this year, look at video on page 2. clearly projections

Sorry, I didn't watch the video before but now I did. You're right. I thought I read somewhere that there wouldn't be any projections this year. My fault.

I suppose the orange fever is in my system at the moment. :P

DopeyDad

That is last years castle though!

Scissorsboi

I'm a little confused by the castle! It has Tink at the top, but none of the other decorations on it, has Tink been readded for the fireworks? Or is it just a video which is cleverly disguising the rest of the decorations - sure the hideous Mickey Head would be visible?
"...keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things" - Walt.

ed-uk

The other decorations are on it, if you mean the gold mickey heads on the turrets, if you're talking about the last video? That was from last year. This years castle has no mickey decoration, but it still has tink at the top i think.
Ed & David

seanmartina

QuoteSorry, I didn't watch the video before but now I did. You're right. I thought I read somewhere that there wouldn't be any projections this year. My fault.

I suppose the orange fever is in my system at the moment. :P

No worries, and good luck today in the final.... i think holland can do it..

Filip

I still wonder where is the truth between the big fireworks and the noise permit and Disney being Cheap. I live in the center of Copenhagen with Tivoli amusement park 5 minutes by walk. Tivoli is right in the city center. During summer season june to september they have a nightly fireworks display around 11pm, some period every night, some period every weekend. The display is about 8 minutes and includes large bomb shells similar to WDW. Before i actually saw the display and few weeks before only heard the bomb explosions in my aparment i though that is how it probably sounds to the people living next to DLP, thinking they are using just the small bombs like when enchanted fireworks started, because it was ok and with closed windows i could watch tv or sleep hearing the bombs slightly in the background. To my surprise the bombs noise was from the large bomb shells, i never imagined they would use them nightly in the city center. I cant understand all the fuss the people around DLP are making if i could thought of the noise of large bomb shells as the small ones how can they complain about the actuall small ones. And Tivoli is in city center, not like DLP in a middle of nowhere! Plus most of the people moved to live around DLP after it opened. I know it is a different country but who knows Denmark, knows how Danes are keen and strict on everything environmental and good living conditions and everything up with the standards. Thats about the noise part. From the buget part Tivoli attracts around 4 million people and Disney Paris around 14 million, dont talk to me about buget please. Did i mention Tivoli does fireworks also in the winter?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLSUj9c8F8k

PetiteSirene

I think Filip you also have to bare in mind the country and area of the theme park. Disney is VERY lucky they are not situated in England for example. The park I used to work in over here could only have fireworks for 3 nights and the display had very big restrictions on it due to being in a 'residential' area. Many guests asked time and time again to have the fireworks extended but the true of the matter was they were bound by what the local council told them were permitted.
I used to live round the corner from the Atonium in Brussels where they held a lot of events. Those shell fireworks made our windows shake so much I was scared the glass was going to shatter and that was a one off that started at midnight, not a firework display that was every night for the summer so I can totally understand why Disney are restricted on their firework time.

I don\'t know when, I don\'t know how, but I know something is starting right now.
Watch and you\'ll see, someday I\'ll be Part of Your World.

Feb 2001 - Paris
Sept 2008 - Santa Fe
Dec 2008 - Cheyenne
Feb 2009 - Sequoia
September 2009 - Disneyland Hotel

seanmartina

watch the first incarnation of the enchanted fireworks this was the perfect show, first shown in 2008, 2009 and 2010 versions were cut, and diluted, they had it right the first time...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2wDUT5lEW4

Festival Disney

wow seanmartina, I just watched you video of the 14th of July 2008 fireworks!! That's how fireworks should be done! Amazing!
Past trips:
Nov 1997 - SF - 3 days
May 2003 - WDW
Aug 2009 - Off site - 4 days
Jul 2010 -  Disneyland Park - 1 day
Dec 2010, Jul 2011  - Ibis Val d'Europe - 6 days, 4 days
Apr 2012 - HNY - 4 days
Dec 2013  - NPBC - 4 days
Jul 2013 - SL - 5 day

JelleP

Quote from: "seanmartina"watch the first incarnation of the enchanted fireworks this was the perfect show, first shown in 2008, 2009 and 2010 versions were cut, and diluted, they had it right the first time...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2wDUT5lEW4
You're absolutely right! I sometimes wonder why DLRP doesn't seem to see those things...
[size=120]"Most men, they\'ll tell you a story straight through. It won\'t be complicated, but it won\'t be interesting either."[/size]

[size=120]jellep.nl - twitter - youtube[/size]

seanmartina

Quote from: "Festival Disney"wow seanmartina, I just watched you video of the 14th of July 2008 fireworks!! That's how fireworks should be done! Amazing!

there were very breath taking... disney at its best...

designingdisney

A few weeks ago, I had the unique opportunity to talk to mister Christophe leclercq, show director of the 'Enchanted Fireworks'. I was able to ask him some questions about the show and how Disneyland Paris firework displays are made.
Visit the Walt Disney Imagineering Fan Blog: http://designingdisney.blogspot.com/

Twitter: click here to follow us through Twitter.

Facebook Fan Page]click here[/url] to become a fan of the blog and to receive regular blog updates.

The Designing Disney Blog - "Celebrating the art of Disney Theme Parks"

Festival Disney

Quote from: "designingdisney"A few weeks ago, I had the unique opportunity to talk to mister Christophe leclercq, show director of the 'Enchanted Fireworks'. I was able to ask him some questions about the show and how Disneyland Paris firework displays are made.

I just read your blog entry about this, facinating and a good read!  :lol:
Past trips:
Nov 1997 - SF - 3 days
May 2003 - WDW
Aug 2009 - Off site - 4 days
Jul 2010 -  Disneyland Park - 1 day
Dec 2010, Jul 2011  - Ibis Val d'Europe - 6 days, 4 days
Apr 2012 - HNY - 4 days
Dec 2013  - NPBC - 4 days
Jul 2013 - SL - 5 day