Started by Kristof, June 25, 2009, 10:21:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clarebelle

Looks like Milton Keynes may get this makeover later this year
5th Anniversary - Hotel Santa Fe
Christmas 06 - The Kyraid Hotel (extended vistit <!-- s]

disneyrules

Sound good.
I hope they give the europeon stores a makeover.
I only hope that we don\'t lose sight of one thing,that it was all started by a mouse[size=150] Walt Disney
[/size]

:pluto:  :mickey1:

weebo1980

mm i not head anything about the MK diseny sotre getting the new store and i work there

Owain

Im expecting cardiff to be the last to get this update as we only just had a relocation to a new store 4 months ago !

Cant wait to see the first concept store !  :D

Clarebelle

I dont know if MK will be the first, but I have heard this from a very reliable source (but dont want to get anyone into trouble), It makes sense as they didnt get the revamp last year like many did, like you say Owain, and it is a larger store.
5th Anniversary - Hotel Santa Fe
Christmas 06 - The Kyraid Hotel (extended vistit <!-- s]

doombuggy

From the company intranet:

Disney Store's New Look

Disney Store is poised to redefine children's retail, launching a magical new store design in major markets across the United States and Europe this summer. The innovative Disney Store design will be unveiled for the first time in June at The Shops at Montebello in Montebello, California—just outside of Los Angeles—followed by the European premiere in early July in Madrid, Spain at La Vaguada. A unique destination developed from a child's perspective, the new store design integrates the latest technology to create an enhanced shopping experience inspired by Disney's most popular characters and stories.

"We have infused Disney magic into all elements of this one-of-a-kind retail experience, and have selected prime retail centers to launch the Disney Store of the future," Jim Fielding, president, Disney Stores Worldwide, says. "Special features like the iconic Disney Princess castle with magic mirror and the Disney Store Theater are just two of the amazing elements in the new store that will enrich every child and family's experience at the Disney Store."

More than 20 new and remodeled Disney Store locations are slated to open this year in premier retail centers throughout North America and Europe. North American locations have been confirmed for Roosevelt Field Mall in Garden City, New York; Santa Monica Place in Santa Monica, California; International Plaza in Tampa, Florida; Stockton St. in San Francisco, CA; and Fashion Valley in San Diego, CA. European locations cover four markets with openings in Spain, Portugal, Italy and the United Kingdom. These include NorteShopping in Oporto, Portugal; Orio Center in Bergamo, Italy; and UK locations including Centre MK in Milton Keynes, Bon Accord Centre in Aberdeen and Donegal Place in Belfast. Each new store has special significance and will be celebrated as an important milestone in Disney Store's growth and evolution.

[there was a photo, but i couldn't get it to copy - sorry!]
1974 - 1983 WDW day trips*1992 WDW off site*1994 Contemporary *1997 WDW off site*1997 Polynesian* 1998 DL PAC*1999 DL Disneyland Hotel*2000 Coronado/Port Orleans*2001 WDW off site*2002 DL Disneyland Hotel*2002 WDW/HHB*2003 PO/Riverside*2003 WDW HHB*2004 Moved to Orlando*2006 DVC Member* 2006 DLR*2007 DVBR*2007 OKW*2007 VWL*2008 GCH * 2009 BLT*2009 AKL*2010 OKW*2010 SSR*2010 DLP (DLH)

Patrick

This sounds rather exciting and very strange locations to open the new stores in the UK, I mean Aberdeen, personally I am looking forward to it, as anything is better than this stupid Apple store wannabe design that they have going currently.  :?

magic_823

Hey

Yeah Belfast is the first store in the UK to recieve the overhaul.
We close our old store this weekend and move to temporary location until end of Aug.
itll be sad to leave the old store   :(

Nadine

Sulley

Quote from: "magic_823"Hey

Yeah Belfast is the first store in the UK to recieve the overhaul.
We close our old store this weekend and move to temporary location until end of Aug.
itll be sad to leave the old store   :(

Nadine

Do you know when the Belfast store reopens? I can't wait to see it!

Also do you know what it will look like?  Will it be as awesome as the usa ones I've seen?

magic_823

Hey Sulley

the store is reopening on 18th August at 11am.
I have posted a new topic on this.
Yep its gonna be like the store in cal, spain and italy - an IP store, it looks amazing so far!

Nadine