Disney's Fantillusion: More Lights! More Magic!

Started by Anthony, June 16, 2009, 12:56:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony

I don't know if it's just me, but I don't get excited about Fantillusion like I used to. A large part of that is probably the way it has been performed in recent years with only 2 stops (if you're lucky), rather than the full 3-stop story playing out.

Anyway, it seems due for an update, a refresh. Main Street Electrical Parade was added to with the "More Lights! More Magic!" promotion in 1998, so we're now at that period in Fanti's life.

Here's the proposal:

Refresh all the existing floats with new lights and LED effects. We've seen what Paris can do with the 15th Anniversary banners, candles and castle lights. Put that into the parade!

Add the new Tinker Bell float from Disney's Electrical Parade in DCA as a finale to the Magical Garden section. Currently you see Mickey, just about catch the fairies and then that's it. Replace Tink's regular walking position at the front of the parade with the Blue Fairy or Fairy Godmother.

Add a new Dr. Facilier villain float based on The Princess and the Frog. Okay, we don't really know him yet, and he probably doesn't transform, but the colours and designs of this film are perfect for the parade. Perhaps have real fire torches which burst to life on the float, rather than a transformation?

Add a new Princess Tiana and Prince Naveen float. To join the villain and bring the parade literally BANG up to date. It'd instantly feel fresh.

An additional idea if budgets allowed could be a new float for the Evil Queen from Snow White. She seems very popular in OUADP and could make for an awesome transformation (using two actors). It could be based on the original Tokyo float or a new design.

New floats list:

The Magical Garden
    • Mickey's Fantillusion
    • Flora's Gazebo
    • Fauna's Carousel
    • Enchanted Butterfly Flower
    • Tinker Bell's Leaf Balloon

The Disney Villains
    • Maleficent
    • Jafar
    • Ursula
    Dr. Facilier

The Happy Ending
    • Snow White & Prince
    • Ariel & Prince Eric
    • Belle & the Beast
    • Jasmine & Aladdin
    Princess Tiana & Prince Naveen
    • Minnie Mouse[/list]

Premiering July 2010, the new Disney's Fantillusion with added Tink & Frog! :wink:

Aveen2008

I agree that the Fantilusion could be doing with a bit of TLC really. It's still a great parade if you haven't seen it before but it's time for a bit of an update!

Like you I don't feel the thrill I first felt when I seen the parade the first few times but also the more I see it the more I feel it really could be improved upon in many ways. I love your thought on the addition of Tinkerbell as the ending float and also replacing Tinkerbell's walking position with the blue fairy I think would be fantastic as she's such a rare character and really beautiful.

I feel the float with the 3 fairies could definately be improved upon and made more exciting in some way...even the simple distribtion of the faires at different parts of it would be good and liven it up a little! Even buy putting more fairies on it of something!

The butterfly one I think would be amazing if they could add perhaps the caterpillar (in lights) frmo alice in wonderland, I think he would fit in well on that float! hehe (just a random thought)

I'm not keen on the ursula float at all really and wouldn't mind it being replaced completely with a different villian!

Adding a few new units to the parade would be great but I don't see it happening anytime soon with all the other construction work taking place. :(
    Luv Aveen xoxo

The Butlin Boy

Great ideas Ant, I totally agree with you that the Fantillusion Parade could do with an update (or maybe even a replacement!). I really like your ideas as well, especially the Tink float which would just fit in so perfectly. =D>

The parade ever needs to return with more show stops as well. It would be amazing if they could fit in 5 show stops (with each section stopping once in Main Street, Central Plaza and Fantasyland), but obviously that would be hard to pull off. But even if they had three, with sections 2 and 3 stopping in Main Street, sections 1, 2 and 3 stopping at Central Plaza, and sections 1 and 2 stopping in Fantasyland, it would be a huge improvement. :)

disneyrules

These are all really great ideas especially the tinkerbell float.
    I think they should have more classic characters at the first part of the parade like a float for the seven dwarfs.
    I also think that there should be a float for the witch of snow white (same as the float from the old tokyo version)
    There could also be a smaller float for some of the other disney villains like the ugly stepsisters, scar,hades and gaston.
    I also think that they should make a new float for beauty and the beast themed to the be my guest scene.
    Sleeping beauty and Cinderella should also have new floats.
    I only hope that we don\'t lose sight of one thing,that it was all started by a mouse[size=150] Walt Disney
    [/size]

:pluto:  :mickey1:

davewasbaloo

I don't know why, but except for the Maleficent float, I have never liked this parade anywhere near as much as MSEP or even Spectromagic. I wish we could have something on the scale of Dreamlights at Tokyo. or bring back MSEP. To me, that is the epitome of the Disney parade, even 33 years after the 1st time I remember seeing it.
    since 2001 (many before that)

Magicalmouse125

Some Really great ideas here!!

I always had this idea of the evil queen float! But using the old dark forest float. Have the Evil queen casting spells over her cauldren in the dark forest as the parade moves along then as the parade stop happens. She dissapears into the smoke and out of the top of the float appears an inflatable puupet(similar to ursula or jafar) of the old, transformed witch (sorry don't know her real name - old crone!)

I always felt that the Villians unti was missing something!
    Hope you like my idea! :)
    [size=150]Long Live MagicForum![/size]

Love From Magical Mouse 125

disneyrules

Quote from: "Magicalmouse125"Some Really great ideas here!!

I always had this idea of the evil queen float! But using the old dark forest float. Have the Evil queen casting spells over her cauldren in the dark forest as the parade moves along then as the parade stop happens. She dissapears into the smoke and out of the top of the float appears an inflatable puupet(similar to ursula or jafar) of the old, transformed witch (sorry don't know her real name - old crone!)

I always felt that the Villians unti was missing something!
    Hope you like my idea! :)
    I really like this idea its great magicalmouse
    I only hope that we don\'t lose sight of one thing,that it was all started by a mouse[size=150] Walt Disney
    [/size]

:pluto:  :mickey1:

Malin

I'm open to the idea of changing or refreshing Fantaillusion but I can't see Disney going with the proposal as it doesn't feature a single Pixar Character. Which appears to be a must for Bob Iger who is still trying to convince people he didn't over pay for Pixar.

I've got an idea with DCA's Electrical Parade on the way out to the swamps, perhaps Disney should ship SpectroMagic out to Paris.

HildeKitten

Fantillusion could really benefit from an update and a whole lot of work before it reaches the level of the electrical parade!