Une Magical Journee avec Buzz et Cruella

Started by Patrick, April 10, 2006, 10:43:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patrick

Well have to say it's not very nice to be back after my 9th visit to Disneyland Resort Paris, but I had a fantastic time.
Buzz Log: Friday 7th April 2006

Awoke myself at 4am got ready and made sure I had everything I would need for my 3 day trip.  Got on train at 5:27am, approximately 23 minutes late (stupid GNER), but got to London 7 minutes earlier than I was originally scheduled to anyway :lol: at about 8:05am.  Took tube to Waterloo, what a fun journey when you have people staring at you as if your suitcase contains a bomb, got to Waterloo about 8:30am, got to passport control then the fun started, put my luggage on the scanner, off it went all fine, then I got to the scanner and on me it beeped and as usual it was my belt setting it off.  Then got the other side picked up my suitcase, but my bag had not come out, or so I thought.  It was actually being kept by a security guard thinking maybe my camcorder, camera, wallet and mobile phone may contain bombs.  So out went my bag thrown directly onto the table, how wonderful its hardly surprising my camcorder broke again lol.  So they got sent through again the scanner, came out the other side and amazingly as ever they are so nice they made me pack my whole bag again.  Finally after that fiasco got to the waiting lounge at 9am, I sat here for about 20 minutes until we were called for the 9:35am Eurostar service directly to Disneyland Paris (note Eurostar have not realised the resort added the word resort 4 years ago :P ).  Nice journey amazingly straight forward with me myming to every Disneyland Resort Paris parade song ever concieved on my ipod and in the other ear listening to a girls dvd of pocahontas since my earphones were half broken.  Also thanks Kristof for the text saying the weather was wonderful made me even more excited as it did the woman and her family sitting next to me :lol: .
Got the resort about 10 minutes late at 1:45pm, jumped on the yellow shuttlebus to the santa fe when I was strangely friendly to people and even held a conversation with a English guy and his son when they were going to the Santa Fe, after all what's a Disney fan without giving advice :wink: .  Got to Santa Fe filled out the confusing check in form and then went to room placed in bags in room 130 in buiding 54, nice and far away from the parks.  The last building around the area, dropped off bags and texted Kristof back, not like it was any use lol, got to the Disneyland Park by 2:30pm and really was hungry so decided on eating so thought Videopolis nice cold fries and not particularly warm chicken nuggets.  Noticed Davy standing around directly behind me due his bag lol, didn't say hi so let him and kristof walk off to wherever they were going apparently Phantom Manor.  By the time I had finished my lunch I went to Annual Passport office, got my annual pass with the problem of the woman not speaking a word of english who was serving me.  Oh dear god it was hard to try and explain something about my email address lol.  My annual pass was given to me with me looking like I have a hailow above my head and walked over to watch my first true Disney experience of the day, La Parade Du Monde Marvellux Disney, god I've never loved that parade as I did that one second.  Just feeling I'm in Disney was amazing I even started crying a bit from joy.  Not like the couple next to me understood lol.  Again met with Kristof after and went to the Hotel New York gained some DVD's, thanks for those and glad you liked the little present lol.  Got back to the park and it was time to say goodbye to Kristof and so after walking to Discoveryland the back way since the front was closed off for those damned press and VIP's I went on Space Mountain, I still love that even if it is less fantastic than the original.  Even queued normally for it which took 5 minutes.  During the ride I felt something vibrate and it wasn't the train I was in, my mobile with Ant texting after finally walking around Discoveryland madly like I'm at Star Traders etc I finally noticed Zurg talking at Buzz and what a surprise where else would a DLRP fan be than watching the rehersal of the Buzz Lightyear laser Blast press opening, noticed he was the odd one filming it at the right side and walked around for a bit seeing what I could of the show was quite nice idea of what I could see over the Volcanic Rocks at Orbitron.  Star Tours was the next ride which I have to say I'm still impressed with even when it looks old.  We were going to ride IASW but someone with brains me lol, suggested BTM, so off to the mountain of Big Thunder it was, we queued no longer than 10 minutes were on the train and got around with most the effects working apart from all the water areas :? .  Got back to the station and noone was standing in our bay so we stayed seated and got a second ride without even having to get up so we were the riders on the last Big Thunder train that day :D .  
The park was closing so typical me we go shopping, bought some nice cheap €3 pins to trade and went to the Storybook Store to buy CD's and I even got 20% off them since I had got an annual pass that day, so I was happy.  Stood around taking photos on Town Square for about 30 minutes till this random man who spoke french came to us and asked us if we were english we said yes so he spoke French anyway something about buzz he wanted to know though we wouldnt have known to what to say anyway if he was speaking English.  So walking away slowly was the idea and got to in between Disneyland Hotel and Main Street station took photos went to the left and got diverted by cast member to the right where it did say Sortie whereas the left didn't.  Afterall we are two weird people it was to the top of the Disney Village car park to take photos of the resort from up there, some quite nice views apart from Backstage Production Courtyard.  30 minutes passed and we got down and walked all the way around the resort by the path next to the main road leading to the resort and hotels :lol: , see did I tell you we are weird :wink: .  Took about 30 minutes but we made it to my hotel the Santa Fe where I put my extra uneeded stuff I had on me, walked out to the Village where I got a Baguette with tuna in where the cast member looked at me puzzled as to why I only wanted one baguette and not two lol.  After eating what was really nice it was to have a look at Ant's room at Newport Bay, have to say it was really nice shame about the bit of peeling wallpaper.  Walked out of the hotel by running down the stairs like a madman well it was about midnight :wink: .  Walked back to my hotel and slept there for the next 6 hours 30 minutes, I didn't get to bed that night till 1am and then not to sleep till 5:30am I was really happy to be back in Disneyland Resort Paris that much.  

And that's A Wrap for now, day 2 of my ever boring trip report coming soon along with photos and I took a lot get ready to see over at least 300 :lol: .

Anthony

Thanks for the report!  Hopefully I'll manage to write one sometime this week.

Like I told you, I had my bag searched at Eurostar too.  It didn't seem like they picked me on purpose though, the woman seemed to just grab the nearest bag and wait for someone to try and take it before asking them to unpack it.  She didn't talk to me even though I was nice about it all, but then that's London for you...

Lol, the man asking us about the Buzz preview was funny, but it seemed to set me off on a trend of just saying "oui" to whatever was said to me in French.  :lol:

Patrick

Well here's my photos from Day 1 7th April 2006 what a wonderful day that was:

View from my room in Santa Fe

Walt Disney Studios

Le Chateau De La Belle Au Bois Dormont

Steamboat Willie

Snow White and her nice Prince

Snow White float

Sleeping Beauty Dancers

Aurora and Prince Phillip

Cinderella Dancers

Dodgy looking Coach Driver

Little Mermaid Dancers

Ariel

Beauty and the Beast Baker dancers

Beauty and the Beast Float

Aladdin Dancers

Aladdin and Jasmine on their flying carpet

Chimney Sweeps

Mary and Bert

Buzz opens, well in rehersals anyway :wink:

Main Street Station

Town Square

Main Street looking to Le Chateau De La Belle Au Bois Dormont

Main Street Station

Disneyland Hotel

Sourcerors Apprentice Statue celebrating 5 years of Disneyland Paris

Studio1 and Earful Tower from the Village Carpark

EuroDisney 1992 still on lamposts around Lake Disney

And that's all the Day 1 photos, trip report day 2 coming soon.

Kristof

Looks like someone finally got a Sony  :lol:

Nikkibelle18

Oh, those are very nice pics! Great quality and nicely taken! Thanks for sharing! :D

Patrick

Oh yeah the oui thing, oh dear forgot to mention I visited the WDS at 5:45pm lol and said oui to everything and the security guard was joking around asking me if I had a knife :lol: .

Right then to day 2
Buzz Log: Saturday 8th April 2006

Woke up in my wonderful Santa Fe bed at 7:30am got ready and off to the Disneyland Park for my nice Good Morning Fantasyland breakfast, was really fun to walk the park in the quiet and take some cool photos again of the castle.  Can't forget getting people looking at me weirdly when they noticed me going down Main Street to the music :lol: .  The breakfast was simple Sequioa Lodge style, so a bit better than Santa Fe, but I wasn't up to eating much and so some cheese and ham and a yoghurt and I was out of the place.  Off to Dumbo my first ever ride strangely was fun, then was about to do Peter Pan Flight but the queue was by now already 30 minutes strangely.  So I went on Pinocchio, Snow White, which were both rather funny, and then Discoveryland awaited.  Queued at the entrance for 15 minutes then let in to my amazement had to fight my way through a mass of people walking to Space Mountain to even see anything of the opening of Buzz.  Was nice to see an attraction open at Disneyland Resort Paris.  Holz seemed to be really into the thing which to me made it even more great, nothing better than having the CEO be dead upbeat and proud about an attraction.  Wondering around after it opened and met Kristof, texted Ant who was at the time right in the attraction, hardly where we arranged to meet :wink: , after watching Buzz for about 10 minutes in true ore he was out again Ant arrived not like I noticed him arrive.  To Videopolis we went and had a drink and talked about things as ever when people meet with the odd couple of times talking to Davy.  By this time we had sat around Videopolis for a while and decided to head off to Panormagique though we got there and it was closed due to winds so we went to the Studios and what a surprise got to Studio1 and Cinefolias started :D .  It was the sound test show, but wow Miss LouLou can overreact :wink: , nice dropping of shoe accidently and turning her head for far too long over all making it as ever a fantastic show to watch.  Must watch more of their shows on my next visit.  It was the end of the show and I had not been picked for it thank god even though Kristof was trying his hardest to point out I was standing next to him and I should be picked :lol: .  
We then headed over and looked at the Scream Machine how nice we even tried screaming ourselves shame the screamomitors don't really work.  Had a look at Toon Studios and off to Rock N Rollercoaster where we said goodbye to Kristof until next time, after that fantastic ride the Disney Cinema Parade was about to begin so we got ourselves a nice spot in front of the route and watched the parade which is still as fantastic as ever.  Though have to say bert didn't seem as interactive as the last time I saw him :wink:.  We did a bit of shopping with new CD's and things like that and off to see Starring Cruella De Vil, fantastic show, fantastic Cruella and definitely one of the better shows in the whole resort.  Cruella sounded just like Glenn Close and acted exactly like her, she really seemed to like me and Ant since he had a camcorder and I had a camera, always was great when cast members were so fun.  It was time to do something I have not done in a long time, Studio Tram Tour, always a nice way to waste some time so it was to the outdated but very detailed :wink: tour.  Catastrophe Canyon is great and refreshing along with Reign of Fire looking as fantastic as ever, we saw the goodbye's from all the presenters not even shown anymore on the tour and off to grad a quick menu Pluto and Moteurs Action it was.  My first time watching the show ever and I was very presently surprised :D , was impressed with the stunts and always fun to go and laugh at people not acting very well lol.  
Now time had come to say bye to Ant so walking to the Disneyland Park it was without a little break in the Village, when I finally reached Disneyland Park it was time for a bit of Buzz Lightyearness so I got round to finally riding Buzz love it completely now then was to Yo Ho A Pirates Life for me in POTC.  As ever it was fantastic and then Phantom Manor awaited oh it was amazing a whole 5 minutes to wait I've never queued so little for it I wanted to queue for 45 minutes like I usually do lol.  Of course the 999 haunts still haunt the place and wonderful as ever to see the Phantom hanging :wink: .  Legends of the Far West was next on the trip and wow I was amazed at how wonderful this area of Frontierland, plus I love how it deals with the story of the land before and during the Gold Rush.  
By now time was getting on and so Buzz was to be done again and it was about 7:30pm so I queued in the normal queue which moved so fast I was surprised but still fantastic as ever the second time round and made me want to increase my score, well done Disneyland Resort Paris by creating an attraction is so well done to make people return again and again.  By 8pm everyone went well not everyone the hotel guests stayed and I remained for another hour riding Space Mountain when it finally reopened after a breakdown earlier I ended up in a train with no music and was rather bumpy but then got back on straight away and was a fantastically not too bump and soundsystemed train :D .  Nautilus another never done attraction and I was plesently surprised with how well it had been imagineered to look really authentic, but then again what in Disneyland Resort Paris isn't :wink: .  Big Thunder Mountain was my last ride of the day which was rather a bit shorter than usual at just 10 minutes wait, and the cm's were as ever fantastic and looked at a bit freaked out at me when they noticed I was reciting the words to the announcement :lol: .  Back in the Village I had my tea aka dinner and off to bed I went for another more tiring day at Disneyland Resort Paris.

Thanks for reading my rather long trip report, photos from day2 coming soon.

Anthony

Looking forward to those photos!  :wink:

I really enjoyed Saturday, it was probably one of the best days I've ever had in DLRP.  Buzz opening, meeting kristof (and you, lol), best Cinéfolies I've seen so far, Monsters Inc photo location, checking out the WDS construction, RNRC, cinema parade, Moteurs, Cruella, and then lots of rides and atmosphere during the awesome Extra Magic Hours... perfect perfect day!  :D

One thing though - are you being serious that you'd NEVER been in Nautilus before this trip??!  SERIOUSLY?!!  :o Anyway, I bet you enjoyed seeing an extra bit of Verne in Discoveryland.  :wink:

Patrick

Yes I'm being serious never done Nautilus before last weekend.  It just astounded me how I've missed it before, oh well never mind here's my photos from day 2 last Saturday sorry for the 39 photos :wink: .

My room in Santa Fe

My bathroom exciting :lol:

Santa Fe well one block

Le Chateau De La Belle Au Bois Dormont in the morning :D

Le Carousel De Lancelot

Alice's Curious Labrynth (Just to let you know I still have not been in there :lol: )

Another Angle on Chateau

Did I mention I like the castle and Discoveryland :wink:

Space Mountain with far too much smoke

Buzz LIGHTYEAR

Frontlot (ugly Cars destroying my photo :x )

Miss Loulou (I think) she doesn't look too happy or maybe she was just getting annoyed with useless casting :lol:

He's mean't to be dead and she's mean't to be crying and the Director shouldn't be in the shot lol

Timon and Rafiki on Lion King Float

Gepetto on Pinocchio Float

Well I don't know what Bert's doing, but that's Mary Poppins Float

Donald

Jessie

Toy Story Float

Mickey on Finale That's a Wrap float

Cinema Parade making its way down the Parade route

Starring Cruella de Vil

Cruella (she seemed to like the camera)

Cruella annoyed with Walt Disney Studios

Running away with Puppies or if you're Gerrord Depadu (god know's how to spell his name) Poopies :lol:

Cruella quiting

She get's the puppies in the end (She was fantastic :D )

Maleficent Dragon lurks beneath the Castle to scare little children or maybe eat them

Another Castle photo

By this time I was trying to see how many Castle photos I could take :lol:

Nautilus and Space Mountain

Looks so beautiful at night :)

I think this satisfy's us Neon nuts out there :D  :wink:

But back to Space Mountain launching to the moo sorry I mean universe (doesn't have the same twist does it :( )

Autopia we love neons :D

Buzz Lightyear laser Blast at NIGHT

Orbitron and Space Mountain

Castle with some stormy looking sky  :)

Disney Village with it's open but very liveniness :D

Thanks for viewing the photos day 3 comes soon if you're not bored already :wink: .

Nala_84

Wow, your pics are so amazing!!!! Waah, now I'm even more sad that it'll last one long year till we have our next journey to DLRP :(

Which camera do you have? The pics are so sharp and colourful :)! I like them all, but especially the castle and attractions at night! How could you make so close pictures from the parade (Ariel and co.), was that with zoom? Really really great ;)
[size=85]1992 - Disneyland Paris - 1-day-trip
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe
2004 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Cheyenne
2005 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Santa Fe
2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Newport BayClub
2008 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Sequoia Lodge
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]

Nikkibelle18

I agree with Nala_84! Really great pics! Have you got anymore? :D

Patrick

Yes I have more of course here's day 3 photos and I use a Sony DSC-H1

Also yes that was zoom I used to get the photos of Ariel and co was experimenting a lot with this camera during the trip since I have not used it in Disneyland Resort Paris before so was like a new toy to play with :D .

Here's day 3 Sunday 9th April

Santa Fe's hidden Cyber area

As it says Parc Disneyland or Disneyland Park whichever you prefer

Red eye raven :wink:

Beautiful book

Tapestry with Spinning Wheel and book

Inside Le Chateau De La Belle Au Bois Dormont

Over the Fantasyland rooftops

Le Chateau De La Belle Au Bois Dormont again :lol:

And did I mention again :P

Me on a Wishing well (if only I had a smile :lol: )

Miss LouLou

Cinefolies cast

Cinefolies

Dracula

Cruella Boy

Goodmorning WDS Host

Attack of the Cinefolies :lol:

Cruella and her boys

Cinefolies

The White Witch looking rather bored

Look a Hidden Paddy (go look yourself for location :lol: )

Wonderful Main Street vehicle still moving all thanks to Hertz :D

Skull Rock

Fantasyland through trees

Buzz Lightyear needs our help

Defeat ZURG

It took me at least 10 tries and a couple of random looks from a cast member for me to get this photo :lol:

Flower Street

Liberty Arcade

Just want to say thanks to everyone who looked at the photos and the trip reports I had a fantastic trip and can't wait to return again :D .

Nala_84

Wow, that's really a great camera (but I guess it's too expensive for me *g*)

Yes of course--everyone can see what a great trip you had when he looks at those magical photos :)! And the wheather seemed to be so great, too!

The Dapper Dan pic is really cool  :D
[size=85]1992 - Disneyland Paris - 1-day-trip
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe
2004 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Cheyenne
2005 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Santa Fe
2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Newport BayClub
2008 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Sequoia Lodge
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]