Roger Rabbit 2??

Started by lil-shawn, May 24, 2009, 11:21:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lil-shawn

hey guy´s, today i was reading at the movie blog.com that maybe
roger rabbit 2 will come into the cinemas!!

QuoteIt looks like Roger Rabbit may have a sequel if the backing shows up to push him back onto the silver screen. We get word of this project through an exclusive interview with Frank Marshall over at MTV Movies Blog:

Nearly twenty years after "Roger Rabbit" first exploded onto the big screen, producer Frank Marshall told MTV News that he's still "open" to the possibility of another film, derailed in the mid-90s because of what would have then been cost-prohibitive special effects. But don't hate Roger for the fact that the movie didn't get made in the first place. He's not expensive...he's just drawn that way.

"It came pretty close. We shot a test. We had a script. But unfortunately, we didn't have computer generated animation quite yet - it was just too expensive," Marshall explained of the untitled sequel project, "Roger Rabbit 2." "If you think about it, in the original movie there's really only 48 minutes of animation and in the new movie - or in that movie - he was in everything. So it went from 48 minutes of animation to over 100 minutes of animation.

Marshall goes on in the interview to announce that New York is the location for the sequel (should it ever be made). I really enjoyed Who Framed Roger Rabbit and even had a Jessica Rabbit poster in my bedroom as a youngster. She was everything I wanted in a woman; too bad she was married, and a cartoon. The film was fun as all heck and remains a great kid's flick to this day. This is a movie that everyone should see, especially cartoon enthusiasts.

As much as I did enjoy the first film, I do not see a need for a sequel almost twenty years on. I certainly do not want to see a 3-D animated Roger Rabbit. He was born in the second dimension, and that is where he belongs. This film is a classic and it still stands out, to this day, for its use of animated and actual actors. Bob Hoskins was fantastic in the film and really worked wonders acting against characters that were ghosts to him. Roger Rabbit lives on in rental land, and that is where I think he should remain. A re-release may be in order for the 20th anniversary of the film, but a sequel at this point may do more harm than good to the character.

Agent Lex

QuoteI do not see a need for a sequel almost twenty years on (etc)
Though I love Roger Rabbit, I think this is spot on. It's a bit late to be making a sequel, plus I doubt they'd be able to get the rights to the Warner Brothers and other characters again.

peep

This isn't the first time it's been picked up on. Couple months back a journalist spoke to the director Robert Zemeckis about the project. Basically sounds like it'll never happen, which is what I wanted to hear, it's a classic and it shouldn't be ruined.
Next visit to DLP: October 26th
Coaster Count: over 320

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "peep"This isn't the first time it's been picked up on. Couple months back a journalist spoke to the director Robert Zemeckis about the project. Basically sounds like it'll never happen, which is what I wanted to hear, it's a classic and it shouldn't be ruined.

I agree, the film is a classic, and I cannot see how they can ever top it, especially so much later on from the release of the first. If they want to do something to bring back the franchise for the 20th anniversary, please just re-release it on a special edition DVD and Blu-Ray, and release a range of merchandise for the Disney Stores, etc :)

Anthony

I wouldn't say no to a sequel...

But at the same time I wouldn't be too keen on that New York idea. For me, pretty much the main reason why I rewatch the original is because of the fantastic Maroon Studios setting, the Red Car trolleys, all of that. And having Roger in 100mins of the film sounds like a bit of a nightmare to be honest.

kiki_304

I loved Roger Rabbit but I can't see the kids of today enjoying as much as I did all them years ago.

Roger Rabbit was the last film they showed in my local cinema before it closed down, so maybe that was the reason for it being such a hit around area.lol

Masamune

Like Anthony, I certainly wouldn't say no to a Roger Rabbit sequel, but only if it was done well. Disney don't have a fantastic track record when it comes to sequels, so it may be best to just leave it be.