Wayne Allwine, Mickey's voice, passed away

Started by Kristof, May 20, 2009, 03:04:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kristof

Sad news comes from Blue Sky Disney:

QuoteWayne Allwine, the man that voices Mickey Mouse passed away over the weekend from complications due to diabetes. My thoughts and prayers go out to his wife Russi Taylor(the voice of Minnie Mouse), his family and their friends

Somewhere in heaven there are a trio of voices chatting together...

:(  :(

The Butlin Boy

That's very sad news, I'm very sorry to hear that. My thoughts are with his friends and family :(

burntsienna

Aw no thats terrible news, my heart goes out to his friends and family!  :(  :(  :(
"I could be the Alice to your Wonderland"

never2old

Very sad news  :(

All my thoughts go to his friends and family

Elwell2009

Omg was only watching an interview with him on youtube last week.

My regards go to his family  :(

AmericanMouse

Link to the story:

//http://www.comcast.net/articles/entertainment/20090520/US.obit.Wayne.Allwine

Also, Allwine was involved in auditions for his pending replacement once he stepped down.

Luigi

sorry to hear that, really sad news for me too  :(

Aveen2008

Aw wow! :cry:  :cry:  I never knew that he was the voice of Mickey, I don't know why I never thought of finding out who it was, I can't believe his wife is the voice of Minnie!

He was still young in a sense so it's awful for his family to have lost him so prematurely! :cry:

My heart is with them!

His voice brought lots of happiness to the world! =D>
 :mickey1:  :mickey1:  :mickey1:  :mickey1:  :mickey1:
Luv Aveen xoxo

CafeFantasia

Very sad news. Even sadder that the entire week following his death, there was no mention of this news or respect paid to him in Disneyland Paris. I was there from the 19th May 2009 until the 23rd May 2009 and didn't hear anything about this until I got back home.

Do/did Disneyland Paris even use Wayne Allwine as the voice of Mickey Mouse in the parks? I mean, when he speaks in French in shows such as Animagique, it most likely isn't him doing the voice, right? And what about in the new show in front of the castle, Mickey's Magical Party. Did Wayne Allwine provide the voice for Mickey in that show? It didn't sound like the real Mickey to me, when I briefly heard it.

Javey74

Yeah, I just heard about this news the other day at work... So Sad.. :(

A man who contributed so much to the famous Disney Icon.  

[-o<  [-o<  [-o< R.I.P Wayne  [-o<  [-o<  [-o<

All my thoughts go to his friends and family on this very sad occasion..  :(

Kristof

Quote from: "Alan"Very sad news. Even sadder that the entire week following his death, there was no mention of this news or respect paid to him in Disneyland Paris. I was there from the 19th May 2009 until the 23rd May 2009 and didn't hear anything about this until I got back home.

Do/did Disneyland Paris even use Wayne Allwine as the voice of Mickey Mouse in the parks? I mean, when he speaks in French in shows such as Animagique, it most likely isn't him doing the voice, right? And what about in the new show in front of the castle, Mickey's Magical Party. Did Wayne Allwine provide the voice for Mickey in that show? It didn't sound like the real Mickey to me, when I briefly heard it.

Of course not, Mickey's French voice is provided since 2000 by Laurent Pasquier.  He does all the Mickey stuff in France.  

Wayne did provide all English DLP voice work which included Disney's Once upon a Dream Parade, Candleabration and Mickey's Goodnight.