Television tour replacement?

Started by Kristof, March 30, 2006, 05:40:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kristof

I was just thinking how DLRP can replace the Television Tour easy and cheap.  Why not putting in more games from Disney Quest?  Disney must have plenty of 'm left from the Chicago closure and children love 'm!
The Buzz bumper cars would be awesome inside the unused television studio!!  Now only find a decent story to keep it inside the Studios park and there you go!  One boring attraction less!  :D

tink

SOOOOOOO boring. Last year was actually the first time I went in.I was completely bored out of my head but you have to go through to get to the simulator which is good. It's a complete waste of space having the tv studio there. Reckon they should build Soaring over California like in CA.
It's brilliant and people would love it! Great experience.

http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disneyl ... age&bhcp=1
Merry Christmas Heffalumps!!!!

Anthony

The TV Tour is a huge problem for the park...

The best thing I can think of it to actually scrap the original idea of the attraction, and then build my idea of a "Muppet Movie Set Adventure" in the empty space next door, and use the current "tour" (not that it should be called that!) as the pre-show for this dark ride.

The Muppets have taken over the Disney Channel studios to film a brand new special edition of The Muppet Show, and you're a production executive taking a tour of the TV Studios and checking up on what the Muppets are doing.  You follow the same route as the existing tour, but the set-up should be slightly different.  At the point where currently you turn right into either the Cyberspace or Art Attack rooms, you continue forwards into the boarding area of the new dark ride.  The exit would then be over next to CinéMagique.

As for the use of the existing tour, they should fully enclose the front of the building (where the pre-show video and queue is), and put a nice new screen in the pre-show video room.  This can then feature Kermit and co. welcoming you, the top studio executive, to the Disney Channel studios and telling you that you'll see some of the live production areas before boarding the dark ride section.  This should be in English with subtitles on easy-to-read screens at the sides.

You then leave this room and walk through the backstage areas as you do at the moment, but there will be no stopping and no video tours in these sections, you just walk through at your own speed until you reach the boarding area of the new dark ride.  The Cyberspace and Art Attack rooms could either be used as part of the dark ride or become proper working soundstages (I'd prefer this option).  I'm not sure what they'd do with Cyberspace Mountain.  Get rid of it?  It seems more trouble than it's worth.

What do you think?  I could make a quick map, it's a bit complicated to explain.

That space between CinéMagique and the TV Tour isn't really very good to be honest, it's hidden away in the corner behind the stage and doesn't really have enough space for a good attraction, especially if they want to carry on using some of it for things like storing the Good Morning Walt Disney Studios cars.  Therefore I think using that space to turn the TV Tour into something really worthwhile would be the best idea.

Nala_84

To be honest... when my boyfriend and me went to te TV tour in September 2004, we expected a scary thrill coz there was a "ghost sign" in the brochure.

And then it was so boring and disappointing in there. I must confess that we haven't reckoned the simulator--where is it?!? We had to be quick coz we didn't want to miss the parade, but we didn't see a simulator anywhere  :oops:

Why don't they make this tour a bit more exciting? I love the theme tours in German parks like Phantasialand--there you have a boat trip through lots of Hollywood scenes. Or in the former Warner Brs. Park there was a Gremlin ride--funny, too ;)!
[size=85]1992 - Disneyland Paris - 1-day-trip
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe
2004 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Cheyenne
2005 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Santa Fe
2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Newport BayClub
2008 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Sequoia Lodge
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]

Daniel

Sorry if i sound like a noob, but where is the Television Tour located and what is this about a Simulator :?:

Nala_84

No, it's not your fault--I guess most of the visitors don't reckon that thing ;)

It's located in the building next to CinéMagique on the Production Courtyard. There's a guided tour which shall show you how a Disney TV Show is made. But nothing special, I think :)

After that there shall be a simulator (which I haven't found yet) were you can create your own coaster and ride it in a simulator. Or something like that ;)
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]

Kristof

The signs aren't really hard to miss...  :lol:

Nala_84

Yes, you're right--but like I've already said, we had to be quickly out of the building coz' we didn't wanna miss the Cinema Parade ;)
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]