How do you display your pins?

Started by 15MagicalYears, April 26, 2009, 07:22:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

15MagicalYears

Huh?  :P
I've heard of alot of people using corkboards for displaying their pins (probably for the larger collection) and somepeople just use their lanyards.
I personaly found out online that a method they use over in the US is a Pin Vest, so I took an old waistcoat I had and pinned all my pins onto it, whenever I wear it I'm a walking display case!  :lol:
So how do you display or store all your pins?

Javey74

Well I use the traditional 'Pin Trading Bag' for our's.. :wink:  :D

Here's another similar thread with a few ideas>> viewtopic.php?p=82139#p82139

15MagicalYears

Thats a cool bag there Javey.
Did u get it from Dlrp?

Javey74

Yep, I got it in DLRP..  :wink:

Actually, the picture you see was pulled quickly off the net, it is slightly different to my 'Pin Trading' bag, though only the part around the bottom of the logo where it has written 'Around the World', mine has 'Disneyland Resort Paris', other than that, it's the same..  :mrgreen:

15MagicalYears

I think I'm gonna look this up on ebay :P

Masamune

:P Good old corkboard.

I'm gonna try and update it tomorrow with all the new pins I got from DLRP. :( It's gonna be hard choosing which ones to hide away in my pin book in order to make way for the better ones.

Javey74

On a more serious note Masamune, I hope you have them all insured, I've been looking closely at this lately with our Pin Badges and DT's..  :roll:

Let's face it, in the world we live in, it's quite easy for someone to remove the whole cork board a take off with it..  :shock:  :shock:

Probably one reason I keep all of ours in the 'Pin Trading' bag, which is inturn locked away in a cupboard upstairs..  :wink:

Masamune

... :lol: Why would anyone want to steal Disney pins? If someone was going to break into a house, I would imagine they would want to take stuff that they can sell on, like a TV or something. How would someone go about selling stolen Disney pins?

Kristof

I only collect Park related pins, so I made cork boards for each park with a large printed plan on each so I can stick each pin on the right attraction.  I'll get some photos later.  :)

Agent Lex

Quote from: "Masamune"... :lol: Why would anyone want to steal Disney pins? If someone was going to break into a house, I would imagine they would want to take stuff that they can sell on, like a TV or something. How would someone go about selling stolen Disney pins?
The same way a lot get bought, ebay I guess.

At the moment, my collection is just about small enough to display on my bag at the weekends, though it's just about getting too big for that now! Not sure how I'll display them in future, though I might get one of those pin bags like Javey has.

Javey74

Quote from: "Agent Lex"
Quote from: "Masamune"... :lol: Why would anyone want to steal Disney pins? If someone was going to break into a house, I would imagine they would want to take stuff that they can sell on, like a TV or something. How would someone go about selling stolen Disney pins?
The same way a lot get bought, ebay I guess.

At the moment, my collection is just about small enough to display on my bag at the weekends, though it's just about getting too big for that now! Not sure how I'll display them in future, though I might get one of those pin bags like Javey has.
Spot on Agent Lex, Ebay has been a source for lots of stolen goods, and Pin Badges are no exception.  

Especially LE's and CE pins..  :o

Most thefts in this line are word of mouth storage locations, in laymans terms; your address..  :shock:  :shock:  :roll:

It's a sad fact, but true..  :roll:

Snow_White_Girl

I just use a corkboard for mine as at the moment I only have 6 (soon to be 8 when I get the two Disney Store UK ones I'm after!), it's a big board so I've got a way to go to fill it yet! ;)

\":lamp:\"

Masamune

:P I'm sure all of us here are smart enough not to give out our addresses over the internet.

15MagicalYears

Well guys, here's my pin vest!  :P

I labled it because you can't see very well.
So far I'm pretty happy with my collection, I started collecting last year in WDW. Once I came back I put my pins aside and forgot about them until recently during a visit to teh Disney Store.
I love my pins and can't wait to start trading.

Javey74

Quote from: "Masamune" :P I'm sure all of us here are smart enough not to give out our addresses over the internet.
It's not us, it's others who live near you..  :roll: One slip of the word collection and it's suprising who hears things which get passed on..  :shock: