Disney Blockbuster Café

Started by Kristof, April 24, 2009, 11:08:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reiana

I have to admitt, I' ve never been a big fan of the Backlot Express. Last time I was inside was Jan 08 and the service was horrible.

RnRCj

So where will all those props go? Hopefully they will be "recycled" and used somewhere else at the resort. It'd be a shame to lose them forever!

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "RnRCj"So where will all those props go? Hopefully they will be "recycled" and used somewhere else at the resort. It'd be a shame to lose them forever!

"Come see the new and improved Studio Tram Tour... with Mickey and Friends, featuring even more props than ever before! :wink:  :lol:

RnRCj

Quote from: "The Butlin Boy"
Quote from: "RnRCj"So where will all those props go? Hopefully they will be "recycled" and used somewhere else at the resort. It'd be a shame to lose them forever!

"Come see the new and improved Studio Tram Tour... with Mickey and Friends, featuring even more props than ever before! :wink:  :lol:
That is strangely believable! All those props lined up along the new route, as if their of some significance. :lol:

Looking at the pictures above, I hope they don't just add a few new props to the restaurant. They should also add some real theming inside. The way the restaurant is so open and cold, with metal walls and concrete floor... it's not welcoming at all. They need to close the place in more and add some warmth to it, using colours and other techniques. I hope this ends up being a little more than just the film-related-props-in-a-box restaurant it is now.

luke85

I have never even been tempted to go inside this restaurant. I spend a lot of time in this area of WDS, particularly after exiting from R'n'RC, but the building just looks cold and uninviting from the outside. If the imagineers themed it really well, then I'm sure a lot more people would be tempted in :) me included!

lil-shawn

a car with a pic from the HSM 3 movie is in front of backlot express...

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "lil-shawn"a car with a pic from the HSM 3 movie is in front of backlot express...

I assume that this car was used to promote the film when it was released, and has now been given to DLP? :wink:  :P

Disneydavid

Yes what a DUMB plan to set this up:

HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL IS OVER!There are coming no more Zack (troy) and Vanessa if they would like to make another High School Musical , HSM4! Why now , DLP , Why now??:(

DLP MP3 - The only podcast with onrides RIGHT from the Resort! With ToT ,SM:M2 , Crush\'s Coaster , Star Tours, Peter Pan,  Stitch Live , Panoramique , BTM  and Pirates of the Carribbean! !
For iTunes ] and MP3!

Newest episode.... Toy Story Playland The Tour and Rc RACER!

Riebi

I must say, I´m feeling a bit sad. The interior never was a problem for me. The outside seating area was the problem. But I think there they must do more. They must have a big placemaking to get the problems there out of their way. At the moment the outsite of backlock express is seating next to a rollercoaster in a hall, a stundshow and a building with "ARMAGEDDDDON" at the outsite. All together with this nerve-racking action music which is nice for five minutes but if you want to eat something you can get a problem here.
They should placemake the backlot into a real backlot of great studios. Why not hint the stundshow behind some garages with traditional screenwriter offices at the first floor, give Rock´n´Roller-Coaster a proper record label outside and at some greenery and a fountain (A rock´n´roller/record label fountain would be nice with Electric guitars and some other cool stuff inside). That would be something that I could understand. But inside Backlot Express the theming was nice, well, cool and understandable for the guests.
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

Anthony

Absolutely HORRIBLE.

I know backlot is quite a generic and modern area, but a plain car like this just looks hideous inside a Disney Park. It looks like one of those show cars you see parked inside shopping centres. Absolutely NOT worth however many thousand euros the [strike:32r0rk2y]MORONS[/strike:32r0rk2y] kind people at Buena Vista have signed over to ruin the park this time.

Does not bode well for the interior...

Kristof

La Roquine reports that the Narnia room has been dropped.  It's just POTC and HSM.

QuoteLe restaurant va subir une transformation complète avec un nouveau thème accès sur deux univers : d'un côté celui de Pirates des Caraïbes (les films) et de l'autre celui de High School Musical.

Owain

Quote from: "Riebi"I must say, I´m feeling a bit sad. The interior never was a problem for me. The outside seating area was the problem. But I think there they must do more. They must have a big placemaking to get the problems there out of their way. At the moment the outsite of backlock express is seating next to a rollercoaster in a hall, a stundshow and a building with "ARMAGEDDDDON" at the outsite. All together with this nerve-racking action music which is nice for five minutes but if you want to eat something you can get a problem here.
They should placemake the backlot into a real backlot of great studios. Why not hint the stundshow behind some garages with traditional screenwriter offices at the first floor, give Rock´n´Roller-Coaster a proper record label outside and at some greenery and a fountain (A rock´n´roller/record label fountain would be nice with Electric guitars and some other cool stuff inside). That would be something that I could understand. But inside Backlot Express the theming was nice, well, cool and understandable for the guests.

Off topic; I do like your idea riebi, when you say fountain it reminds me of the muppets fountain in Disneys Hollywood Studios;

God, i wish we had Muppet Vision 3D !  [-o<

And back on topic;  That car looks awful !  :cry:

RnRCj

Why don't we just rename Backlot to Vehicle-land? I mean we've got this, the taxi, the Moteurs Action cars, the Soundtrackers (which looks like cars), the Aerosmith tourbus, the Armadillo, the motorbikes, the trailers, and Cafe des Cascadeurs! :lol:

In all seriousness, yes the car does look bad and random. Scrap the car and bring back Push!!

Anthony

Quote from: "RnRCj"Scrap the car and bring back Push!!
Push was just embarassing. Living characters should be characters!

I love the MuppetVision building in DHS. Why can't WDS have brickbuilt buildings like that? They're actually so much nicer than the bland "art deco" (read: cheapo concrete) buildings everywhere in WDS, or the plain ugly corrugated metal of Backlot Express. Lots of character, and probably more suitable for a European audience. It feels *real*.

On topic: I've got a feeling the POTC area will be wildly more popular than the wildcats...

davewasbaloo

well guys, how many of you have been on a real backlot?

I have in europe, the UK and Hollywood, and BLE is perfect for what it is. That said though, that car is aweful and should disappear, quickly.
since 2001 (many before that)