2 (2.4%)
Selected/ass. hotels
5 (5.9%)
Others
1 (1.2%)

Total Members Voted: 85

Voting closed: January 23, 2010, 09:05:03 AM

norhel

Quote from: "dagobert"Nevertheless I think EVERY Disney hotel should offer a high quality service.

Absolutly agreed with you on that one!
4 trips to DLP, 3 to WDW, 1 to Disneyland California

Timbo

Quote from: "Soap"The cosy Canadian style just does it for me......
It is actually meant to be an American theme !! As all the hotels are based on US areas , the SL is based on the architecture of Frank Lloyd Wright , which is why it looks a bit sparse instead of more rustic like Wilderness Lodge  !

Soap

Quote from: "Timbo"
Quote from: "Soap"The cosy Canadian style just does it for me......
It is actually meant to be an American theme !! As all the hotels are based on US areas , the SL is based on the architecture of Frank Lloyd Wright , which is why it looks a bit sparse instead of more rustic like Wilderness Lodge  !

Ah well, the Northern American style  :P
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

SwipatronSparks

hm... at the moment my choice is the Sequoia Lodge, because i have stayed there most, i love this hotel, i have also stayed in the NPBC and am sad to say i have to disagree with most people on this hotel i hated it, the food was the only part about the hotel i liked, however i think i dislike the hotel so much because both times i have stayed there i have had bad experiences (not anything to do with the resort or park, but the people i was with) and therefore tend to only be able to remember how tired and grumpy i was when i was there, so in all my least liked hotel, i have also stayed int he dream castle and the explorers hotel both are very nice only ever stayed there once though, but my option for best hotel might change after my next visit when i am staying in the disneyland hotel =]
past trips to DLRP ~2001~2001~2002~2003~2005~2005~2006~2008~2011~2013~2015/16~2016~2017~2019
DLH, SL, NPBC, Explorers, Dream Castle, Magic Circus, Kyraid,

upcoming trips....

claire2281

I've stayed at:

Cheyenne - Pretty good. Fun themeing, comfortable.

Davy Crockett - Nice to have your own cabin but a little 'meh' in standards. My heater didn't work and the decor was getting grotty.

Disneyland Hotel - Beautiful rooms. Great service. Smells of talc. Clearly the best.

I'm really tempted to go back at xmas but since I'm already staying at DLH once this year (this time next week!), I'm thinking of trying Sequoia Lodge. It looks nice and does seem to have a good rep from most.
My Trips:
03/2009 DCR -- 07/2009 DLH -- 03/2010 Cheyenne -- 07/2010  DLH -- 12/2010 SL -- 03/2011  Cheyenne -- 08/2011 NBC -- 12/2012 HNY -- 03/2013  Cheyenne - 12/2014 SL -- 03/2016 Cheyenne -- 07/2017  Cheyenne - 12/2017 SL - 08/18 - Cheyenne - 12/2018 NBC - 07/2019 Cheyenne

littlemermaid83

I personally think the DLH is overated for the price.  Yes its a lovely hotel and I enjoyed staying there but I wouldn't pay there to stay again.  

I love the Cheyenne and I would stay there over and over again, I love the Cowboy Wild West feel and theming and my Daughter loves the bunk bed.

HNY is a great place to stay if you can't afford the DLH, the rooms were large and I found the hotel really homely and bright.  If I had the money I would pay to stay here.

Newport Bay was a nice hotel but the whole set up was a bit to big for me, 15mins to find my room was not amusing.

I would only stay at the Santa Fe if I was doing a budget trip, Its a ok hotel for a place to sleep I just don't like the theming and having a volcano right by our room (fake of course) freaked my Daughter out.  When we stay here next Feb I will have to make sure we are away from any volcanos.

So my vote obv goes to the Cheyenne.
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

claire2281

Quote from: "littlemermaid83"I personally think the DLH is overated for the price.  Yes its a lovely hotel and I enjoyed staying there but I wouldn't pay there to stay again.

I wouldn't pay the money for full price but I'm taking advantage of the 40/50% off deals whilst they have them :)
My Trips:
03/2009 DCR -- 07/2009 DLH -- 03/2010 Cheyenne -- 07/2010  DLH -- 12/2010 SL -- 03/2011  Cheyenne -- 08/2011 NBC -- 12/2012 HNY -- 03/2013  Cheyenne - 12/2014 SL -- 03/2016 Cheyenne -- 07/2017  Cheyenne - 12/2017 SL - 08/18 - Cheyenne - 12/2018 NBC - 07/2019 Cheyenne

Dolph7800

Only done the Sequoia Lodge on both visits to date, but was impressed enough to book it again for our next visit. Although our 1st visit was a bit spoiled with a very loud family next door who would keep us up very late and wake us up very early  :evil:  But 2nd time round was no problems. I love the decor of the rooms, and the feel of the place when you enter it with the dark wood and the log fires.

I may try and have a look at some of the other hotels while we are there in Jan, definitely tempted to take a walk over to Santa Fe and have a go at the tex-mex buffet which sounds reasonable from what I have seen on the Internet.

pers5579

Quote from: "norhel"Good morning all!

Just wantet to create a new topic for what you tink is the best Disney hotel and your best hotel experience.
Sorry if this already has a topic (couldn't find it).

I've stayed at Sequoia and Santa Fe and I think the best hotel of those is Santa Fe.
The reason is that I like it better than Seqouia for some reason. Don't now why.

What hotel do you think is best, and what is the best hotel experience do you had?

I agree completely! We stayed our first trip at Santa Fe and our second trip at Seqouia Lodge and I was very disspointed. When we stayed at Santa Fe the room had recently been refurbished so it was very clean, tidy and well kept. Breakfast was crowded but the food was good. When we stayed at Seqouia Lodge our room was dreadfully tatty, the carpet was stained, it was in desperate need of a refurb, and I have to say, not the standard I would have expected of a Disney Hotel. Breakfast was not as crowded but the food was basically the same as Santa Fe. I was gutted - I couldn't really see what benefit I had got from paying for a more expensive hotel! (Other than a 5 mins shorter walk to the park!)
Sep 2008 - Santa Fe
Jan 2009 - Sequoia Lodge
Jan 2011 - Cheyenne
From the magic within our hearts, to the adventure beyond the horizon, there is only one Disney!

tubbsy

See now I have been completely spoilt with NPB. Room and service was absolutely amazing so would be tempted to pay to stay there again.

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

pers5579

I do fancy NBC - its my wallet that doesn't!!
Sep 2008 - Santa Fe
Jan 2009 - Sequoia Lodge
Jan 2011 - Cheyenne
From the magic within our hearts, to the adventure beyond the horizon, there is only one Disney!

disney-dan

I've only stayed at the Cheyenne, Sequoia Lodge and Newport Bay and of those my favourite is the Sequoia Lodge, hence why I've stayed there 3 of the 6 times I've been so far. This December, though, I'll be staying in the Santa Fe, and I've always wanted to stay in the New York but could never afford it (student). My best mate is getting married in Lake Como in 2012 though and as a treat for going to Italy to get wed his future Mrs is gonna sort out for us to stop at DLP on the way back for a little Groom and Best Man do DLP action. I'll be working by then so hopefully we can stay at New York :D I hope!! :lol:
Have a Magical day!!

DD

Samninetysix

We did the NBC for Christmas 2006, we had a room on the Admirals floor, lake view (if you look at the hotel from the lake it's the one on the far left of the 3 with balconies in the "bump" at the very top/centre) and have to say that was pretty awesome. We took one of those xmas trees with built in lights/baubles etc, put the pressies under that, xmas day we had room service breakfast while we opened pressies, then down to the park - no crowds either!. As a bonus, when we checked in and the chap at the desk (mohammed I think) found out how many times we had been, he whispered to his manager/whover she was and came back with vouchers to the captains quarters for the duration of our stay, no crowds and waitress service almost like the DLH. I would vote for that but the DLH was fantastic, they made us the Crystal Family when we stayed there and got fussed over during our stay, there was even a line of staff outside our room door when we went to the room for the first time - male/female/male/female and they all curtsied and bowed as we approached the room - wifey blubbered of course :P ........ BUT!! - my personal overall favourite is the Davy Crockett Ranch, I just love the place, I swear I could live in one of those cabins :)