Started by Anthony, June 05, 2009, 04:58:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony

Yes, the new Autumn/Winter 09/10 brochure is now available for download:

http://www.disneylandparis.com/BROCHURE ... alogue.pdf

And yes, this really is the cover...

:|

Page 14 would have made a lovely cover.

It gets (slightly) better on the inside, luckily. Nothing much of note in there, except the Radisson seems to now be called Radisson Blu Hotel (?), the mouse infested Buffalo Bills is pushed heavily, it'll soon cost £47 for a 1 day hopper and there's a particularly stunning photo of Mickey and Minnie at St Pancras on page 64.

Edit: Ok, I removed the "Resort wins "World's Ugliest Brochure Cover" award" title... :lol:

casschr05

ok who designed that :|

that 'theres still time to party-cipate' worries me lol!

reminds me of 'the party continues' (or similar to the 15th)
(I know that the magical party will finish in March so know need to worry

yet :lol: )

edit: phew its says: but only until 7th March 2010 :D

CafeFantasia

Sorry to offend anyone, but I really hate these brochures. They're just full of photos of kids and Mickey Mouse, shot in a studio, not at the parks.

A holiday brochure should show you the place, the environment, the reality of the place you're intending to visit. Think of all the money Disney spent to build Disneyland Resort Paris, only for 0.001% of it to be shown in the brochure.

I love Disneyland Resort Paris, but these brochures are positively repellant. They don't attract me to visit. They repel me. They look like they're aimed at toddlers.

smurfy74

ive seen it somewhere before then it clicked its the same cover as the latest Envie+

Owain

To the question about Radisson;

Its now called Radisson Blu because Scandinavian Airlines System are no longer part of the radission SAS group, taking away the SAS. But they needed to have a name for the raidisson hotel chain outside of the United States. Leading to the name change Radisson Blu.

Im not to keen on the front cover but the quality of the brochure inside is very good !  :) I like the hotel pages and eurostar.

Anthony

Thanks Owain, that explains that.

Quote from: "Alan"Sorry to offend anyone, but I really hate these brochures.
No, I completely agree with your whole post.

The sad thing is that back when Karl Holz became CEO in 2005/06 the first thing he did was give marketing a huge kick up the backside (fan forums had been moaning for years about the resort's awful advertising). They came up with a really nice style for the resort and some brilliant brochures:

(Although this one was a little *too* clean, it could have done with a page curl or something in one corner to advertise Buzz Lightyear Laser Blast opening)

The inside did still have a few "studio" photos, but the whole thing was so modern and classy. It really gave the impression you describe of Disneyland as the best of the best, pure quality. It made an effort to appeal to all ages while still looking colourful.

Unfortunately, this only lasted for about three brochures before things started getting ever more garish each season, to the point of this current brochure - some pages of which are actually making me feel a bit sick they're so distorted and crammed with horrible colour and random imagery, kids flying all over the place...

As far as the logo, this kind of thing was much better:

Why is it so small on the new brochure? It's almost completely unreadable. The designs of 1994-2001 had such a bold confidence about them, really strong imagery and themes. This year they seem to be throwing every single tacky graphic they've got in there and hoping it sticks.

Edit:

...better?

CafeFantasia

Anthony, I completely agree with your post too :-)

I can think of a lot of words/keywords that describe the current brochures: garish, messy, fussy, busy, crowded, overly complex, childish, sloppy, desperate, tacky, cheap, etc. But these are not words that I would associate with Disneyland Paris. So, their brochure really doesn't represent their product. They're basically using the brochure for a child's plastic toy car, to sell a Ferrari, if you get my analogy.

Like you said, the old/original brochures had much more class. They seemed more expensive, more magical, more luxurious, more special, and seemed targeted at a much wider audience. These current brochures are targeted at toddlers, and parents with toddlers.

lil-shawn

wow what an ugly brochure, sorry if i´m very negative right now,
but this brochure show everyone, what a bad party they present this year!
i never thought that the new ceo would be so bad for the resort, he
is just looking for cheap!

stars´n´cars and playhouse disney is the work from karl holz but the
rest from him, so please take a new ceao who nows what to do with a
disney park and who nows how to advertise it right!!

Agent Lex

You guys make it sound like it had a different, even worse cover before I saw this thread. If that's right, does anyone have a pic?

Looks like the standard brochure to me. The main change I notice is the improvement to the pricing pages, with all of the hotels on one double page spread. Makes it a LOT easier to compare prices than flipping back and forth.

pussinboots

Quote from: "Alan"Anthony, I completely agree with your post too :-)

I can think of a lot of words/keywords that describe the current brochures: garish, messy, fussy, busy, crowded, overly complex, childish, sloppy, desperate, tacky, cheap, etc. But these are not words that I would associate with Disneyland Paris. So, their brochure really doesn't represent their product. They're basically using the brochure for a child's plastic toy car, to sell a Ferrari, if you get my analogy.

Like you said, the old/original brochures had much more class. They seemed more expensive, more magical, more luxurious, more special, and seemed targeted at a much wider audience. These current brochures are targeted at toddlers, and parents with toddlers.

It's true. The old promotional material seemed to say, "look at this awesome park we've got, you won't want to miss out on this." The newer stuff only focuses on rubberheads, smiling kids and the graphic confetti of the month. Meaningless treacle. But hey, apparently it works.

This isn't just a Parisian thing, though, it's just as bad at the American resorts.

I'm sure we will one day look back on this time as the Photoshop Age. With the ease and widespread knowledge of digital manipulation nowadays, the temptation to craft these crapfests out of existing photos or to ADD JUST ONE MORE LENS FLARE is just too great.

And just how bad is that pun?!

dagobert

You are all right! The brochures get worse from year to year.

Medici

Hey everybody,

i noticed one more thing:

Does the Hotel New York will have no room service anymore? It isn´t mentioned and also on the hotel facilities checklist the room service is just signed for Disneyland Hotel!

By the way: Where is the Founders Club? You can book it for Christmas Dinner and New Years Eve in the Disneyland Hotel for silly prices. I never heared it before. Is it in the Castle Club area?

Warm regards,
Mathias
[size=85]09/94 - SL
07/95 - NBC
07/96 - NBC
03/99 - WDW - All Star Sports
09/02 - HNY
09/03 - NBC
08/04 - Davy Crockett
08/05 - Holiday Inn & Dream Castle
11/05 - Holiday Inn
02/06 - WDW - Pop Century
08/06 - Davy Crockett & Dream Castle
11/06 - Holiday Inn
06/07 - Dream Castle
01/08 - Explorers Hotel
12/08 - HNY
03/09 - WDW - Pop Century
07/09 - Disneyland Hotel[/size]

CentralPlazaPerson

QuoteKarl Holz became CEO in 2005/06
Also TV adverts have changed too. I always loved the old adverts!!

sara82

They now have room choice options for the Cheyenne and Santa fe.