What would you do to the resort?

Started by lil-shawn, April 16, 2009, 08:57:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lil-shawn

hey guy´s,

today i was thinking of what i would add or change to the
whole resort if i had the possibility and $1 billion...
there is so much i would do but now i have to think about what
would be the best...

so guy´s now its your turn, what would you do if you have the
possibility and $1 billion? you can spend it all on new attractions,
or rebuild something, change something ect. but you have only this
$1 billion and the time from now till 2017...
i think you guys will come up with really great ideas!!

never2old

Reburbish the park to its full former glory: start with Alice's Labyrinth. Change the trains in the Space Mountain so that you don't come out with bruises all over. Fix the dueling pirates once and for all. Ensure all the dolls in IASW are working properly. etc etc etc

And if there is any money left, bring some new rides: personally I would love to try Toy Story Mania, Splash Mountain, the Monsters ride (I forget what it's called...). Or maybe finally build the Western River Expedition!

CafeFantasia

This is what I'd do to each park...

Disneyland Park:

- Enhance Pirates of the Carribean, giving it the same effects as in Disneyland/Magic Kingdom
- Enhance Phantom Manor, giving it the same effects as in Disneyland/Magic Kingdom
- Enhance Star Tours, giving it a new digital film
- Fix Space Mountain: Mission 2 so that it ISN'T painful to ride
- Add The Little Mermaid: Ariel's Adventure to Fantasyland
- Add Splash Mountain to Frontierland

Walt Disney Studios Park:

- Add Soarin' next to CineMagique
- Add the Indiana Jones Adventure anywhere. It's a ride in a box
- Replace Animagique with Mickey's PhilharMagic

luke85

Quote from: "Alan"This is what I'd do to each park...

Disneyland Park:

- Enhance Pirates of the Carribean, giving it the same effects as in Disneyland/Magic Kingdom
- Enhance Phantom Manor, giving it the same effects as in Disneyland/Magic Kingdom
- Enhance Star Tours, giving it a new digital film
- Fix Space Mountain: Mission 2 so that it ISN'T painful to ride
- Add The Little Mermaid: Ariel's Adventure to Fantasyland
- Add Splash Mountain to Frontierland

Walt Disney Studios Park:

- Add Soarin' next to CineMagique
- Add the Indiana Jones Adventure anywhere. It's a ride in a box
- Replace Animagique with Mickey's PhilharMagic
I love the majority of your ideas, but I think if we were to have Indiana Jones Adventure at DLP it would have to have amazing theming, in a really great environment. I'm not sure if I'd like to see it in WDS unless it was given a good enough treatment.

also I would love to see POTC given a full over-haul, giving it new lighting and effects, but not any of the new movie AAs. Other than that, I'd like all your ideas please!  [-o<

Agent Lex

Quote from: "luke85"I think if we were to have Indiana Jones Adventure at DLP it would have to have amazing theming, in a really great environment.
Agreed. I think if I had the chance to put it anywhere, I'd scrap Temple du Peril and put it there. Temple was a gimmick "we have a loop now!" coaster that DLRP no longer needs.

Luigi

i think especially Star Tours needs some major improvements. Also some new rides in Fantasyland like Peter Pan Flight would be great, i agree maybe with the Little Mermaid.

Disneyland Paris Treasures

Quote from: "Agent Lex"
Quote from: "luke85"I think if we were to have Indiana Jones Adventure at DLP it would have to have amazing theming, in a really great environment.
Agreed. I think if I had the chance to put it anywhere, I'd scrap Temple du Peril and put it there. Temple was a gimmick "we have a loop now!" coaster that DLRP no longer needs.

Noooooo, I love the Temple du Péril coaster, and so does my son!! It is a short ride for a coaster, I admit, but it has awesome themeing! Also there is no need to scrap it for the Indiana Jones Adventure as there was enough space left to build it right next to it. Just imagine the whole area back there would be Indiana Jones themed ...

CafeFantasia

I guess to make everyone happy, they could keep the Temple of Peril and put the Indiana Jones Adventure right next to it. As you know, Disney already drew up plans for that idea:

However, I still think the Indiana Jones Adventure makes sense at the Walt Disney Studios Park. It's a ride based on a movie. It's a ride that really has nothing to do with Disney. It's a totally self contained ride, in a box, which could be themed as any building or museum. And, most importantly, the Walt Disney Studios Park needs it more than Disneyland does.

lil-shawn

hey guy´s till now you have really great and interesting ideas, so here is my
list of what would i do!

first i would change space mountain, give it new trains and bring back
the theme from the earth to the moon, but with new effects!

the second thing is i would add the elevated tramway from mainstreet to discoveryland.
disneyland ca. has in tomorowland it´s monorail and we get the tramway, it
fits with the theme of mainstreet and discoveryland.

then i would paint the labyrinth, the castle and other stuff that need some paint jobs,
i aslo would fix all effects of the park and the attractions.

i would put western river expedition to frontierland, and indiana jones adventures
to adventureland. like here!

fantasyland would get the mermaid attraction and the beauty and the beast anymatronic
show.

the last millions i would put on new attractions to the studios, on a makeover and expansion of the park! oh and disney village would get a small makeover too.

pussinboots

Quote from: "Alan"I guess to make everyone happy, they could keep the Temple of Peril and put the Indiana Jones Adventure right next to it. As you know, Disney already drew up plans for that idea:

However, I still think the Indiana Jones Adventure makes sense at the Walt Disney Studios Park. It's a ride based on a movie. It's a ride that really has nothing to do with Disney. It's a totally self contained ride, in a box, which could be themed as any building or museum. And, most importantly, the Walt Disney Studios Park needs it more than Disneyland does.

Something doesn't just go with the Studios as long as it's based on a movie. With that reasoning, 90% of the Disneyland Park could be air-lifted over to the place with no conceptual clash whatsoever.

Not that the Studios parks have clear, sensible concepts beyond the fact that we all agree Hollywood-based themes work quite well for them... But a ride as great as the Indiana Jones Adventure deserves a proper setting and set-up, something the Studios will not be able to bring to the table. It deserves to be reached via the winding pathways and tropical foliage of Adventureland, not the parking lots of the Backlot. And it certainly doesn't deserve a contrived "you enter an archeological museum when SUDDENLY" set-up a la Universal.

Sorry. No hard feelings I hope, but I just had to get that out of my system.

CafeFantasia

QuoteAnd it certainly doesn't deserve a contrived "you enter an archeological museum when SUDDENLY" set-up a la Universal.

In fairness though, Disney do this sort of thing too. Think about Dinosaur at Animal Kingdom. It's a big box, with the front themed as the entrance to a museum.

And, if you're being super critical, Crush's Coaster doesn't make any sense at all. What's all this rockwork doing in a Movie Studio? Ok, it's in Toon Studios, so it must be the set of Finding Nemo, right? So what's a roller coaster doing laced around a movie set? If we're riding on the backs of turtles, why have their shells been scooped out and replaced with seats? And where are the poor turtles' heads and flippers? Shocking.

But, you know, it doesn't matter. Attractions don't have to make perfect sense. Not everything fun and fictional has to make sense.

luke85

Quote from: "lil-shawn"the second thing is i would add the elevated tramway from mainstreet to discoveryland.
disneyland ca. has in tomorowland it´s monorail and we get the tramway, it
fits with the theme of mainstreet and discoveryland.

I LOVE this idea! It would be such a great way to get to and from Discoveryland!

pussinboots

Quote from: "Alan"
QuoteAnd it certainly doesn't deserve a contrived "you enter an archeological museum when SUDDENLY" set-up a la Universal.

In fairness though, Disney do this sort of thing too. Think about Dinosaur at Animal Kingdom. It's a big box, with the front themed as the entrance to a museum.

And, if you're being super critical, Crush's Coaster doesn't make any sense at all. What's all this rockwork doing in a Movie Studio? Ok, it's in Toon Studios, so it must be the set of Finding Nemo, right? So what's a roller coaster doing laced around a movie set? If we're riding on the backs of turtles, why have their shells been scooped out and replaced with seats? And where are the poor turtles' heads and flippers? Shocking.

But, you know, it doesn't matter. Attractions don't have to make perfect sense. Not everything fun and fictional has to make sense.

Well they have to be thought through. Or at least they did once upon a time. Crush and Toon Studio are indeed no testimony to that. (While, as has been mentioned before, they could have easily looked at Who Framed Roger Rabbit for a far, far superior concept.) It's one of those things you just have to look past, because it's pretty inoffensive and fun.

But when you have the opportunity to combine the world's best Adventureland with one of the best Disney rides, and said ride befits said Adventureland like a glove, putting that ride in a box over at the Studios seems sacrilege.

What the Studios needs pronto is an expansion into a Disney-worthy area, so that, like its sister park, rides will at last naturally fit rather than having to be shoehorned in.

What I'm trying to say... The thing is... Half of a ride's experience is achieved before you get on it. A ride that wants you to feel like you're entering a far-off place cannot lie six feet from the park entrance; it has to be veritably bushwhacked towards, lying at the end of a winding path like a reward. They've already ignored that rule once, with the Tower of Terror (which will seem insanely positioned in twenty years, when it has become the park's literal centerpiece.) And I'm fearful they will ignore it again and agree with you, haha.

(And ironically, these are all techniques Disney got from the movies.)

CafeFantasia

I agree with what you're saying. Those are the rules that Disney themselves created. That's the way Walt would've done it. That's the way it should be done. But Disney don't really stick to those rules anymore (e.g. Crush and Toon Studio). In fact, the majority of the Walt Disney Studios Park takes the Imagineering rule book, and throws it out of the window.

I wouldn't complain if the Indiana Jones Adventure got built in Adventureland, where they planned. It makes perfect sense there. But, I don't know, I can't see Disney doing it anymore. It makes TOO much sense :-) They'll probably put a High School Musical Pin Trading Wild Mouse ride there instead.

lil-shawn

QuoteThey'll probably put a High School Musical Pin Trading Wild Mouse ride there instead.

oh my gosh, hopefully this will not come true.
you know guys, for myself i think disney lost the right way,
they just need someone who tell them where the right way is.
i don´t think john lasseter is the right guy for this, he do a
good job on pixar but now at imageneeing is just wrong for me.
right now we get to much pixar film based attractions like
cars race rally, crush coaster, cars land, toystory mania ect.
where are the rides like big thunder mountain, phantom manor, pirates
of the caribbean ect. disney parks need more of this attractions,
and they have a lot old ideas in the arcives, they just need to work them out.

all the time i look on google earth at our studios i realy don´t know what
they could do that it will become a real disney park. our studios have such a
big capability, but there is a lot to do. the whole distribution of the park
seems wrong for me. i really don´t know how they can change it, in my eyes
everything will look wrong. i say break down studio 1 and put it on another
location, then they can make a really good hollywood blvd. like in DHS....