What Next?

Started by Jon, March 17, 2006, 09:47:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jon

What park do you think should be added to DLP next, if they do decide to build the next park by 2017?
will it be a pak that already exists somewhere, or maybe you have your own ideas what you would like to see built!

I think the next park should be animal kingdom because i looked into it and i couldnt see any major zoos around the paris area (probably just not looking hard enough) and so may help the park as it may entice people not otherwise inclined to go as there will be a wider variety of things to do.
and it means i could try and get a job there :D
If we don\'t have the key, we can\'t open whatever it is we don\'t have that it unlocks. So what purpose would be served in finding whatever need be unlocked, which we don\'t have, without first having found the key what unlocks it?

Dlrpfan

Maybe a new animal kingdom or like kris's dream a new tokyo disney sea?
Dan
Remember Dreams Come True! \":mickey2:\"

[size=100]\'We Keep Moving Forward\' [/i][/size] - Walt Disney

Disneyland Resort - 2007 2010
Walt Disney World - 2001 2003 2005 2006 2008 2009 2011 2012/2013
Disneyland Paris - 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2004 2005 2007
Disney Cruise Line - Disney Wonder: 2008 2009 Disney Dream: 2011 Disney Fantasy: 2012

Patrick

How about none of those ideas, shouldn't this be in imagineering :wink: .  Really we need a new original and definately not a animal kingdom, maybe the covered water park that was propsed, then Disneyland Resort Paris will be being imaginative and doing something original without costing loads of money on loads of new rides.  I personally believe Walt Disney Studios needs to be looked after the same for Disneyland Park and with that new attractions need to keep on arriving at both parks and I wouldn't be too upset if we didn't see a 3rd park for a while now.  After all we don't want another mini park since they don't have enough money to pan it out to its original size like WDS is.
Also would animal kingdom be very good for Paris, me thinks no, if this was Spain then maybe, but Paris it's cold, it's wet and really it's not the best climate to be keeping these type of animals in Animal Kingdom in.  Also Tokyo DisneySea is done to death in Discoveryland and also what would be our need for a 1920's style Main Street, we already have the 1900's version.  The only welcome thing I believe that would be original in there would be the Little mermaid area, but if they have enough money to make that, why not create it in the so called *ToonTown* area in the Disneyland Park and add the ever so wanted Little Mermaid Dark ride.  That's just my ideas to be honest that the 3rd park does not have to be created anytime soon after all why squander something that's nearly perfect at the moment :wink: .

Jon

i did think about a water park like typhoon lagoon or something like that, but i herd a couple of months a ago that they were possibly plannig just to have a garden park, until they get money to develop it further!
and i see what your saying having something new and imaginative, i just think something like animal kingdom will be more of a safe bet and as its already been done will be cheaper to reproduce!
If we don\'t have the key, we can\'t open whatever it is we don\'t have that it unlocks. So what purpose would be served in finding whatever need be unlocked, which we don\'t have, without first having found the key what unlocks it?

Anthony

Moved to Imagineering, since this is about our own dream projects. :wink:

I'll post my ideas soon, I like the ones so far!

Nala_84

I'd love to have an Animal Kingdom "here"! I've always read and dreamt about the AK, I love animals and connected with some Disney themes it would be a paradise for me ;)!

But maybe it's really a bit cold for such an african inspired theme park... hmm... maybe it should have some "wheather-resistent" changes, like f.e.:

--> An ocean hall with all the "water film themes" of Disney, f.e. an aquarium with "Nemo fishes & friends", a wrack of the Black Pearl on which you can go and other things that have to do with water like Ariel, Pinocchio in the whale and so one...

--> A tropic hall with a hot, wet climate and jungle atmosphere, inspired by films like Tarzan, The Jungle Book, partly The Lion King (when coming to Timon and Pumbaa) etc...

--> A hall especially for children, with a petting zoo, animals and attractions based on "youngster" characters like Chicken Little, Winnie the Pooh & Co.

Okay, that would be definitely cost too much, but when you wish upon a star...  :D
[size=85]1992 - Disneyland Paris - 1-day-trip
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe
2004 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Cheyenne
2005 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Santa Fe
2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Newport BayClub
2008 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Sequoia Lodge
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]

Kristof

Disney's European Adventure, or maybe Disney's World Adventure.

With Tokyo Disney Sea-style attractions in a World Showcase setting.

Jon

another idea i had was a park about the colourful history of europe, with maybe medieval, viking and roman theming, and a water park themed around trafalgar

Dlrpfan

I like Rapters idea of Epcot with TDS and call it Disneys Euraoean Adventure but were will go?
Dan

Disney Cruise Line - Disney Wonder: 2008 2009 Disney Dream: 2011 Disney Fantasy: 2012

Kristof

Here's a map created by Grandmath at DCP.  It's based on common sense and the original Eurodisney extension plan.

http://img60.imageshack.us/img60/324/dl ... ons5hq.jpg

Translation:

Nouvelle boutique et restaurant: New store and restaurant (World of Disney)
Centre de Convention et hotel: Convention center and hotel
Extension des WDS: WDS extension
Futurs hotel Disney: Future Disney Hotels
3ème parc: third park

Dlrpfan

Wow that looks cool. never knew there was so much spare land there
Dan

Jon

i didnt think there was that much spare room behind the studios!!! wonder what they might put there? soarin over europe??

Anthony

Quote from: "Jon"i didnt think there was that much spare room behind the studios!!! wonder what they might put there? soarin over europe??
Yeah, hopefully!  I guess most of that extra space will be used by the re-routed/extended Studio Tram Tour, plus a load of street sets.  The area nearer to the current heart of the park will then be used by the more "normal" attractions.

That's an excellent map actually, it all makes perfect sense for once!

It's hard to imagine that one day we might see a proper *third* park opening at DLRP...! I wonder how old we'll all be?  :lol:

Jon

it would b nice if they built sets that will, be used in films or tv programs.
whats the tarmaced area behing the tram tour, between the london set and that wooded area?

Anthony

It's just a general, temporary backstage area - car parking, portakabin offices, some storage, that kinda thing.  It's nothing *that* important, and not at all permanent, they could very easily move it all. :)

During the opening of the park they had a convention thent there, and currently it's being used a lot at during the ToT/Toon Studios construction, and I think also for extra parking, since they can't use the ImagiNations lot anymore - but maybe I'm confused with another backstage area for that.