Refurb, new kiosk at Walt Disney Television Studios

Started by Anthony, April 07, 2009, 07:25:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony

Walls went up around the right-hand side of the Walt Disney Television Studios building yesterday...

Anyone know what this is for? A snack stand called Burgers Burgers? A long-needed repaint? Strangely enough just the day before I was taking photos of the bad state of the building to post on here and moan about.

RnRCj

A refurb would be great! But if I was being optimistic, I'd hope this was a complete redo of the facade to make it more... 'theatre district'-y. :wink:

And is that random gap between the Television Studios and Cafe Cafes EVER going to be filled? :roll:

Anthony

Quote from: "RnRCj"And is that random gap between the Television Studios and Cafe Cafes EVER going to be filled? :roll:
Judging by the amount of people that collapse there on an even remotely sunny day, they should put some hammocks between the trees and expand the Stitch themeing...

They have covered a large area if it's just a repaint, but I suppose they'd need to build scaffolding up that "fin" on the building, and extending the fences into backstage means they could come and go during operating hours.

Maybe they'll change the art deco mural to Mickey Mouse Clubhouse? :P

pussinboots

Haha, Burgers Burgers...

Nicholas-c

More construction in that area ? O.o blimey

Also... Traitor!!! :p imgdash > imageshack !!! :P
August 2003, 04, 05, 06, 07 and 08 - With family
Halloween 2008 - Best trip ever
July 2009 - All alone

lil-shawn

the scarfolding is now up and a billboard is put in between television studios and restaurnt de stars...

Owain

Wow, this is a huge refurb. Look at the size of the scafolding structure !  :shock:
Please say they actually refurb it and not leave the billboard up !  [-o<

Riebi

I know I know I know something...a dark rumour:

they build "Billboardland". First they started with the front lot now the WDTVS

:mrgreen:

No  :P

Nice that they try to keep the views. That is also something that they wouldn´t have done some years ago. In this times a simple fence seem to be the best way to "hide" a construction side.
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

Willow

I wonder how long that picture of the building will stay up?

My guess it well over a year.  :P

RnRCj

It must be a pretty lengthy refurb then if they're putting all that up. Will this refurb actually start, or will we have to live with another billboard until 2046?

Anthony

Quote from: "Riebi"I know I know I know something...a dark rumour:

Arggh! Didn't they know I was only joking with the Earffel Tower?!

Very strange to see this wrapped up in tarp like that, how long does it take to repaint such a simple building? Maybe you're right RnRCj, EuroDisney SCA won't refurb anything anymore, they'll just cover it with scaffolding to hide the dirt.

Since they didn't "finish" Studio 1 before doing this, I can only assume we've got another billboard to look forward to.

Riebi

Quote from: "Anthony"
Quote from: "Riebi"I know I know I know something...a dark rumour:

Arggh! Didn't they know I was only joking with the Earffel Tower?!

:lol: They´ve just read this posts to get some new money saving ideas  :mrgreen:
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

netjack

Wasn't this one of the main builings that were supposed to be rethemed by the Theater-District Placemaking Project?

Anthony

Well... possibly... but this is nothing more than some much-needed paint. :wink:

Also they recently took down the "Walt Disney Television Studios" letters, I presume just to make it less confusing (less interesting?) between the other Stitch and Playhouse signs. Shame. It was the best of a bad bunch of buildings back in 2002, but the facade is now 90% dead with all the queues and signage crowded right down one end.

Remco K.

Quote from: "Anthony"Since they didn't "finish" Studio 1 before doing this, I can only assume we've got another billboard to look forward to.
Unless they've waited for this refurb and do them all at once.