Our Great Escape

Started by Clarebelle, March 26, 2009, 09:58:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clarebelle

Quote from: "littlemermaid83"Great pics so far, did you like the Magic Circus?

The Magic Circus was a great hotel! the rooms were massive, we even had a TV each!  :shock: the bathroom was huge aswell! and everywhere was clean. The hotel pool is really nice too, and the bar. If you are looking for "the Disney feel" then its probably not for you, but we really enjoyed our stay there. We also really like the Kyriad, but I'd say Magic Circus is better.

Quote from: "The Butlin Boy"Great start nonetheless, I'm really enjoying looking at it. Those Hard Rock photos have made me hungry too :P I can't wait for the rest :)

Their Mac and Cheese is the best, the silly thing was even though I couldnt eat all of it, we still atempted desert, my tummy still hurts! good food, and good music what more do you need :)

Quote from: "Aveen2008"Hey ClareBelle,

You're so luck to have been able to trade pins, I am sure your pins you  traded will go to good disney loving homes! :D

when I see peoples trip reports it makes me want to go right now hehe!

I really hope they do go to loving homes Aveen! I know two have, the man on the pin trading board spotted us looking from all the way over the other side of the emporium lol he was so sweet and as soon as he found out we were from the uk he started asking about the Paddys day Stitch pin, which I just so happed to have with me to trade :D I'm fairly certain he would have traded for it to get it off of the pin board.

We also traded with a cast member for his personal collection, he took the marching band Mickey pin and loved it! he was sooo nice too. maybe we should have put in a word for them at town hall :oops: but I didnt catch their names :(

Heres a few more pictures from MMPT

[/color]
5th Anniversary - Hotel Santa Fe
Christmas 06 - The Kyraid Hotel (extended vistit <!-- s]

The Butlin Boy

Great character pics there Clare, I like the last one the most. Thanks for sharing them :)

dagobert

Great pictures and great trip report!!
Thanks for sharing!

Nala_84

Very nice pics, thanks for sharing them :)!
[size=85]1992 - Disneyland Paris - 1-day-trip
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe
2004 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Cheyenne
2005 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Santa Fe
2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Newport BayClub
2008 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Sequoia Lodge
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]

Clarebelle

29th March 2009

A day I will never forget, our first visit to Saloon Mickey :D :D/ and of corse I couldnt resist taking a few photos.

It was a bit too crowded, so not many photos, we didnt hang around for long, I was too excited to wait to get into the park. I was on a mission! I had my challenges to complete! and I wanted to make a good early start, so first to Adventureland! not before taking the all important first steps to completing my challenge ;)

Presenting the Lamps of Saloon Mickey (luckily there were only a few)

Adventureland.

as you can see the weather was still a tad iffy.

Captain Jack didnt look at all impresses that we had woken him up so early!

under refurb :(

For the first time ever! the Keelboats were working while I was there!! I couldnt resist a trip around Big Thunder Mountain ...

The Butlin Boy

Lovely photos Clare, thanks for posting them. The Saloon Mickey shots are very interesting, so thanks again for posting them :)

Clarebelle

Thanks TBB :D

[youtube:1dl3vq0d]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcFENk-dIdg&feature=channel_page[/youtube:1dl3vq0d]

never2old

Nice video Clare  :D

Clarebelle

Golly! I should really pull my socks up and get a wriggle on with this trip report or I will never get it finished before Nov 7th :P

30th March 2009
(yes it has taken me this long :roll: )
This is going to be mainly photos...

Today I wanted to on BTM so we headed to the begining of the undercover walkway (the rope there always seems to drop quicker than the one off of central plaza, which makes it the best place to start a morning sprint to the finish line).

First train of the day! but unfortunatly the CM's had forgotten to turn on the screens so no onride photo today :( oh well theres always tomorrow ;) for now we enjoyed a walk around Frontierland

After we headed back to our hotel as I wasnt feeling well :( in anycase we decided to walk...

ducky friend

Gareth

ooo amazing photos :D i love them looks like your having an amazing time =D

[size=150]Please Follow Me - - - - Twitter.com/Gareth2100 ---- Thanks

Clarebelle

31st March 2009

PARIS!

I have been following Eric's Blog (http://www.parisdailyphoto.com/) which had given me inspiration for places in Paris I would like to visit on my first "official" trip into the city, but unfortunatly I still wasnt feeling well, but non-the-less off we popped to the train station to buy our rail cards for the day. Very exciting!

35 minutes later we arrive in the beautiful city itself, but first impressions werent all good, we hopped on the metro, well hopped is the wrong word, what we really did was make it onto the metro platform only to see the first train was crammed full of people, so we waited ... waited... and waited some more. By now we had decided that it was the best it was going to get, so with fingers crossed and holding very tightly on to each other (I am informed this was so I didn't get lost) we pushed our way on. We had made it! but by now the doors were closing on some poor unwilling souls :( it was a bit like how Michael Mcintyre describes the tube.  :wink:

We decided to walk from Chalet les Halles, but getting off was harder as more and more people had pushed their way on and were now blocking the exit, we were lucky that some French people were getting off, so we decided to tag along behind them. Now off the train we were greeted by a rather strange lady collecting bottle caps from out of bins, so a swift decision was made to get off the platform, it wasnt long before we were walking along the side of the Louvre

Shut on Tuesdays :(

I was obsessed by the shaddows the trees made.

We had lovely walk down beside the river, all the way to...

Notre Dame, where we found a film crew had attracted alot of people

Does anyone know what they could have been filming? the man was gettin in and out of a cab?!

Clarebelle

For lunch we took a risky walk down Rue Saint Denis :shock: apparantly it would be "less busy than the main street" hmm... convincing story Christopher! But it did lead us to a nice little courtyard and Fontaine des Innocents.

Finally we made it to our destination...

Yummy burgers and onion rings were on the menu :) washed down with a Southern Rock :cheshire_bounce:

By now my tummy was hurting again (maybe down to too much food) so we headed back to  Forum des Halles to get the train back to the hotel :( we had been hoping to go to the Eiffel Tower but bed was beckoning me.

Clarebelle

April Fools
1st April 2009

:shock:  :shock:  :shock: Mickey and Pals were gone, so I took the oportunity to take lots and lots of photos :D

Theres no better way to start a day in the magic kingdom, than a relaxing walk around Le Château de la Belle au Bois Dormant

does anyone know if this has any meaning?

Soap

Some lovely pictures Clarabella!  8)
Got no clue for the "101" sig with the dragons. Would love to know that one 2!
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

kiki_304

Great pics.

Loving the trip report.  :D