Our Great Escape

Started by Clarebelle, March 26, 2009, 09:58:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clarebelle

Hi All!!

Well we arrived in London about 3.30 today after a rushed day of packing this morning (I had to work all day yesterday:( ), I felt really guilty leaving my mum behind, but I know she wont travel anymore :( and to top it all of I have a wisdom tooth coming through :( ouch! took my mind of it by playing on the DS while Chris read a Terry Pratchett on the train, soon I will be counting down the hours until we arrive in Marne La Vallee!!!! :D/

Seen a bit of the capital today, mainly the Covent Garden Disney Store ;) met a nice guy in there who gave us a little sneak peak at Saturdays pin releases :D :D which I will have to remember to order on the website Friday night. hoping he will be there tomorrow when we pop in with our temp shareholders certificate  :roll: we forgot to take it earlier. We were lucky enough to be able to pick up a couple of the early "core" releases that werent available in our Norwich or Cambridge stores.

We were even good enough to take all 193 steps up from the covent garden tube station lol Chris' excercise for the day :lol: hoping, truely hoping to get tickets to a show tomorrow night.

Cant believe I didnt take my camera out today :shock: but dont worry, it will be all charged for tomorrow ;)

I've still got that horrible nagging feeling I've forgotten something  :-k
Pass Ports - Check
Shareholder Temp Certificate - Check
Pins to Trade - Check
Bank Cards - Check
all the essentials lol
5th Anniversary - Hotel Santa Fe
Christmas 06 - The Kyraid Hotel (extended vistit <!-- s]

bigrossco

park tickets...fail  =D>
BigRossCo

Upcoming Holidays

Past Holidays
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Sequoia Lodge
5th - 12th October 2008 - Santa Fe | My Trip Report]http://bit.ly/cCy0r0[/url] | My Trip
Photos: //http://bit.ly/bFHtog
Feb. 2012 - Florida - Radisson Hotel Orlando-Lake Buena Vista

Clarebelle

AP when we get there ... der!!!
hehe

bigrossco

tickets for Saturday!?!
BigRossCo

Upcoming Holidays

Past Holidays
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Sequoia Lodge
5th - 12th October 2008 - Santa Fe | My Trip Report]http://bit.ly/cCy0r0[/url] | My Trip
Photos: //http://bit.ly/bFHtog
Feb. 2012 - Florida - Radisson Hotel Orlando-Lake Buena Vista

Snow_White_Girl

Camera?... lol!

Have a great time Clare, looking forward to hearing more when you return! :)

\":lamp:\"

The Butlin Boy

Erm, you forgot to take me! :roll:  :P

I hope you both have a great time, I can't wait to hear about it all when you get back :)

Magicalmouse125

Have a fun and magical time.

Spend your time wisely and enjoy your self.

Can't wait to hear all about it! :D
[size=150]Long Live MagicForum![/size]

Love From Magical Mouse 125

Clarebelle

Hi!!

We had a great day in London yesterday and got AMAZING tickets to see the Lion King, the lady said they were the best seats and she wasnt wrong! (Thanks for the tip Paul :) )

Today has been eventful to say the least....

got up early-ish and made our way to St Pancras to collect our tickets and check in, only to be told that because we didnt have the bank card we booked the holiday with, they couldnt give us our tickets :shock: ... well I paniced straight away and was in floods of tears :( but Chris sorted it :D my night in shining armour. So we borded Eurostar and both got a bit of reading done, i'm now on the second section in "Disney's World" and ejoying it very much.

We arrived at Marne la Vallee about 13.30 and checked into the Magic Circus which is much nicer than I was expecting, infact we are quite enjoying it and we got a free room upgrade!!!!! ;)

We headed to the park and got our temp Dream AP and as soon as we walked in we were greeted by MINNIES PARTY TRAIN!!!!!

[youtube:1yhi1ta1]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtSi0w6pWlM&feature=channel_page[/youtube:1yhi1ta1]

I'm over the moon that they have kept the "tous en train" song and there was more characters than ever!! :D We followed the train down Main Street to the AP office, which was busy to say the least, so we decided that we would wait for the parade near the stage and then get our AP finalised.

Sorry guys, I dont think its that bad

The parade was the same old parade, except the 15 sign was missing.

is he new?

Then we qued for an hour and a half for our AP :roll: well Chris did, I went round to fantasyland to get us a well deserved cheese burger and fries as we hadnt eaten all day.

After that it was way to cold and wet to hang around, we had a look at a couple of the shops down Main Street, mainly looking at the DTs and other collectables, they even had the pin trading board out in the collectables shop, but there was nothing I was prepared to trade for :( although the guy guarding the board seemed very interested in the UK pin badges :D

Agent Lex

Quote from: "Clarebelle"they even had the pin trading board out in the collectables shop, but there was nothing I was prepared to trade for :( although the guy guarding the board seemed very interested in the UK pin badges :D
Lucky! Of all the time I spent in shops on my trip, I didn't see the board once :( On my next trip, I think I'll just sit in the shops all day waiting for it :P

Clarebelle

I know I couldnt believe my luck!!!

The Butlin Boy

Thanks for sharing such a great start to your trip report :)

Wow, talk about efficiency, you've typed all of this, uploaded all those pics, and a video, on the same day AND whilst still at the magic :shock:  =D> Wow. You shouldn't worry about us, go ahead and enjoy yourselves, make the most of your time there, because you can do all of this when you get back :wink:  :mrgreen:

Masamune

:o I'm glad to see that there's someone else who doesn't think that the Castle decorations are that bad. I'm also glad that Cast Members are interested in UK Disney Store pins. :lol: I'm thinking of buying about 5-10 of the £3 Core pins for when I go.

Clarebelle

Hi guys!

Well today we started with Salon Mickey! it was our first time so were a little nervous lol but its a nice care free way to enter the park, no scrums!!!

We also made a start on my challenges, but photos of the lamps are to follow later, dont have the time right now :D

We did however find the skull throne in the adventureland caves!

The lamps on the Adventureland gate were working....

The rip is still in the Pirates of the Carribean flag :(

Lighthouse was not working....

We managed to get a great spot at Mickey's Magical Party Time!! even saw a familiar face ;)

Then walking back up Main Street I spotted the trading board again!!

this time I decided to part with some of my beloved pins :cry: , I can only hope that they go to a loving home. Managed to get two Hunchback of Notre Dame pins that reminded me of the 5th anniversary and my first trip to dlrp (photos to follow)

Then we had a walk over to Studios to check out the Art of Animation, which was closed yesterday, we thought maybe they had done a tribute to Mickey Mouse, but no :( Did however manage to get a photo of the mulitiplane camera there ;)

so we had a walk around the shops...

not much to see behind the scenes here :(

This might be my last post on here for a while, internet is currently costing me €17 a day  :shock: but I think i can get wifi free downstairs :S

Subscribe to my Youtube channel for more videos :) http://www.youtube.com/user/clarebelle88

The Butlin Boy

Great update Clare, I hope you have a great time :mrgreen:

You found Kristof & co :P  :lol:

Clarebelle

yes! and too scared to say hi lol