Wizard of Oz Parade Float ?

Started by CentralPlazaPerson, March 19, 2009, 02:46:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CentralPlazaPerson

Hey guys I came up with this idea of a new parade float for the parade in Disneyland Park.
When riding Le Pays Contes de Fees I spotted a scene from The Wizard of Oz. I suddenly came to mind that this would not be a bad idea for a float in the parade. Picture this.... (for those that have seen the movie, if not watch it, it is good) Emerald City with the yellow brick road leading a 3d effect off the Float where Dorothy (with ruby slippers) could sit on waving at audience. The Lion, scarecrow and tin man could be on the ground dancing and also munchkins dancing with them as back-up dancers. Now and again the Tin- Man will et rusty and with his oil can he could chose someone form the audience to oil him. The lion could go to the audience with his courage medal and go "I've got courage". The Scarecrow now and again could be struggling to keep up with the pack as he keeps fallling.
Now for the finale( half way down main street) The Wicked Witch could be on the villian float and shouting "where are my ruby slippers?" Then she would get off the float and make her way down to the WOO float and confronts Dorothy about the slippers. Dorothy runs up the yellow brick road and into the door on the emerald city. The lion and crew stop here from getting onto the float and she drops a powder bomb and she disappears(don't know how you are going to do that but sure disney can come up with it) Then the scarecrow opens the emerald city door and dorothy comes out and there is a big cheer.

What do you think?
CCP :D

P.S If anyone could make concept art for this it would be greatly appreciated because frankly I'm rubbish at Art :lol:

The Butlin Boy

Interesting ideas there, I look forward to some concept art :)

CentralPlazaPerson

Do you know any good software for doing concept art?

The Butlin Boy

Sorry, I don't. Why don't you just draw it on paper and then upload a photo or scan it in if you can :)

CentralPlazaPerson

I'll see what I can do, I'm away to the magic tomorrow but I will see what I can do after.

The Butlin Boy

Have fun, and take your time; you don't want to rush and ruin it :wink: